• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm sure Nomura will find a way to put Disney worlds in Quadratum. CoM took place in one location as well yet Disney worlds still existed through Sora's memories. The city could have gateways to other worlds

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I'm sure Nomura will find a way to put Disney worlds in Quadratum. CoM took place in one location as well yet Disney worlds still existed through Sora's memories. The city could have gateways to other worlds
I could see them doing this tbh. We have no idea how the other side works.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nameless Star literally calls Quadratum a city. A city with more skycrapers than any other city she knows. That implies that there are more cities in that world than just Quadratum and means Quadratum is more of a city than a world as a whole.

They did not say world with tall buildings. They said city with tall buildings.
Thanks for the clarification. Since this is another reality, maybe this is a reality where the World wasn't separated into other Worlds? And Quadratum could directly lead to another World without the use of special means of travel?

Maybe to access other Worlds, you have to dream yourself into them like Yozora did?

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Thanks for the clarification. Since this is another reality, maybe this is a reality where the World wasn't separated into other Worlds? And Quadratum could directly lead to another World without the use of special means of travel?

Maybe to access other Worlds, you have to dream yourself into them like Yozora did?
It's possible. Just because the world the characters see as reality has their world splintered into smaller worlds, doesn't exaxtly mean the world on the other side/fiction/unreality has to have their world in the same state.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nameless Star literally calls Quadratum a city. A city with more skycrapers than any other city she knows. That implies that there are more cities in that world than just Quadratum and means Quadratum is more of a city than a world as a whole.

They did not say world with tall buildings. They said city with tall buildings.

I mean, I do agree to an extent. I absolutely think the other side is one singular world unlike KH's disconnected worlds, but it should be noted that even in KH people refer to their islands, cities, kingdoms, etc. as just that. Average people in the KH series don't know about outside worlds, and the only ones who use "world" are those who are aware of them.

If Nameless Star's world was disconnected, she'd still call Quadratum a city and not a world.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I mean, I do agree to an extent. I absolutely think the other side is one singular world unlike KH's disconnected worlds, but it should be noted that even in KH people refer to their islands, cities, kingdoms, etc. as just that. Average people in the KH series don't know about outside worlds, and the only ones who use "world" are those who are aware of them.

If Nameless Star's world was disconnected, she'd still call Quadratum a city and not a world.
I see what you're saying however I'm not sure we should use the terms the people on this side(reality/KH side/whatever) use to what people on the other side might use. But I guess it's really hard to say atm because we don't know what the other side is truly like and the state of the world on that other side is like. I also think the world is a singular world over there unlike with KH side because no Keyblade War presumably took place there and no light or darkness mumbo jumbo.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Yeah, this makes the most sense to me. This method of travelling between worlds also links with dreams and retroactively reintroduces the apparent rumour of Versus XIII involving dreams and the blurred lines between reality and fiction.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, this makes the most sense to me. This method of travelling between worlds also links with dreams and retroactively reintroduces the apparent rumour of Versus XIII involving dreams and the blurred lines between reality and fiction.
Let's get more Meta:
The other reality is a singular World. Quadratum is one of the perceived worlds. Dreams are subjective to a person's subconscious. Well, what if the worlds in this reality are subjective to everyone's subconscious?

Quadratum is a world subject to its people's subconscious.

World B, for example, is a world subject to its people's subconscious.

To go from Quadratum to Word B, you need to dream yourself into that world because, since it doesn't exist, you need to find yourself into the subconscious of those other people.

This is why the world beyond the Universe of Kingdom Hearts, that is separated by the Final World, is called "unreal": because it's a world fabricated from the collective unconscious, not created by natural force

---

TL;DR - Yozora's world is unreal because it wasn't created by nature, but rather, created by the thoughts of everyone that lives in it.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
There’s also the issue of localization. This series refers to the entirety of the realms as the World, it refers to Disney and original settings as Worlds and refers to A World before the Keyblade War. Words can means multiple things in this series.

PikaPal

Awards
VA wise, pretty surprised to see Kirk Thornton in the voice director's chair as opposed to Bob Buchholz (unless I missed his name in the credits, was watching a livestream btw). I kinda wanna see him voice direct again sometime soon since he's pretty decent.

Mexican Sora

Awards
I see what you're saying however I'm not sure we should use the terms the people on this side(reality/KH side/whatever) use to what people on the other side might use. But I guess it's really hard to say atm because we don't know what the other side is truly like and the state of the world on that other side is like. I also think the world is a singular world over there unlike with KH side because no Keyblade War presumably took place there and no light or darkness mumbo jumbo.

And from what seems from the secret ending in the vanilla KH3; there's also NO Kingdom Hearts in that reality either.

GreyouTT

Awards
Having now seen the scenes,

Kairi put up a decent fight, but she was no match for the cutscene jobbing. Everything else was neat though, super excited about Quadratum. Also, why did the translators use Fiction instead of Fantasy? I mean come on.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Wow I really do miss a lot when I'm not not on the forums, that said, happy release day to all getting it today (not me, Sims take priority even though EA is still evil)!

Sense of vindication and wanting to bait and taunt the others aside, I'm not sure what to feel about the fact that there are two endings. I will subscribe to the idea of only being the defeat of Yozora as the only canon, on principle that the file name has "True" in it. However, the caveat to that is Nomura bothered to make a "Bad Ending" rather than just displaying a Game Over screen. Why go through all that trouble unless he's telling something? Worldline fracture maybe? Yozora doing the same thing as Sora that rewrote a single destiny into two paths? Or perhaps Sora's intervention was so strong it rippled into other worldlines? Oh now there's a thought. I might post that on the theory thread later.

Quadratum being named as it is, I'm not quite sure what to think about it either. As I said in the other thread, we finally have a name, but there's also other things that validate its identity as "Shibuya" as well. The street sign in the Verum Rex ad, as well as one other thing (which I'm sure the rest of you know already). Locals tend to identify their world as something else. The Emperor did so by referring to his world as "China", Frollo refers to The City of Bells as "Paris", Phil refers to his world as "Greece" etc. Not to mention Monstropolis has a map of the Earth rather than the Sea of Stars. However, this case was the opposite. Nameless Star referred to the city as Quadratum instead, so we can only draw the conclusion that that's what the locals call it..

It makes me think...maybe the Other Side really is a unified world, or rather, a world that could've been that runs parallel to the main worldline. But that's just a hypothesis.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards

What do you mean the Disney Worlds from the Past Games or the Disney Worlds that haven't appeared in the Series at all i mean i doubt the Disney Worlds are going to be put in Quadratum

The Kid

Awards
Is it just me or has the writing in these games really fallen off a cliff recently? KH was never 'well written' but it always had a decent charm and some good emotional beats but I feel like the last few games (DDD, KH3, and now MoM) have just been straight up bad.

That and voice acting feels way more uneven. It even feels like some voice actors have just been mailing it in recently. Riku was always one of the best voice actors but in KH3, Remind, and now MoM, it sounds like he just wants to get out of the studio ASAP. Maybe it's because of the voice direction idk

BassDS

Awards
Lol you're not getting Kairi. It will either be Yozora or Sora with Riku. Honestly these moving goalposts about Kairi is getting old. Next people will be saying KH4 will definitely have more Kairi focus than Sora focus.
And now what exactly rules out the possibility of her not being featured in a game? She's got a fully-working model, varied gameplay mechanics for a fast and defensive playstyle. The chance is still very high.

PikaPal

Awards
Riku was always one of the best voice actors but in KH3, Remind, and now MoM, it sounds like he just wants to get out of the studio ASAP
I thought he sounded better here but with Remind... Yeah there's no way around it, it kinda sounds it like he was phoning it in on that one. Kinda makes me wonder if they were rushed on the VO side of things considering that there were some things that felt really... off (microphone quality for example, you can hear the audio peak in various parts or the fact that Terra sounded really quiet, like during the final parts of Remind you can bearly hear his new dialogue when the music and sound effects are drowning him out).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What do you mean the Disney Worlds from the Past Games or the Disney Worlds that haven't appeared in the Series at all i mean i doubt the Disney Worlds are going to be put in Quadratum
Could be past worlds or new worlds. My point is it's not impossible as some fans like to believe

Back