• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Leaked info from Nomura's extended Famitsu interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Details from Nomura's extended interview with Famitsu have been leaked: http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/53298

We'll have a separate thread when the interview releases tomorrow, but you can discuss this for now:
  • KH4 is being developed with Unreal Engine 5, so the anniversary event may be the only time we see footage in UE4. The next showing should be in UE5.
  • Whether or not the Nameless Star will appear in KH4 is a secret. She is originally a VERUM REX character.
  • The Foretellers, with the exception of Luxu, have vanished.
  • The Lost Masters are simply an opposing force, like Organization XIII.
  • Akiko Ishibashi (NTWEWY) joins Nomura and Oka in writing KH4's scenario, making for a three-person team.
  • Ruiko Fukuzawa (FFXIV: Heavensward) is working on the scenario for Missing-Link.
  • Dark Road is nearing completion, and the two ladies making all of the event scenes are working very hard.
  • Missing-Link has a closed beta test scheduled in the fall.
  • Development on KH4 is being prioritized and there are no plans to release additional info for a while.

Awards
So outside of Fortellers vanish and the scenario writers, the extended interview is pretty much everything we already know.

How are they gonna fill 16 pages

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So outside of Fortellers vanish and the scenario writers, the extended interview is pretty much everything we already know.

How are they gonna fill 16 pages
From the preview, it looks like the bulk of it is an overview of the series and the anniversary event.

I should add to not put too much weight on the Foretellers vanishing atm since the leak lacks context and Nomura may have just been referring to their disappearance after KHX or something.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Has Nomura had other writers with him in the past? I remember KH1 but I'm not sure about the other games

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I hope both of them being women helps with writing the female characters.

Has Nomura had other writers with him in the past? I remember KH1 but I'm not sure about the other games
Daisuke Watanabe did work on KH1, Com,KH2,Coded, and BBS. Kazuhige Nojima did work on KH1 and KH2, Tomoco Kanemaki did work on days. Theirs another writer who did work on days but their name escapes me,. Jun Akiyama did work on KH1. And Masaru Oka has done work on every game.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com

This whole issue re: KH4 vs Verum Rex confuses me. I’d initially assumed Nomura just meant he wasn’t sure what to call the next game, but this new comment seems to further confirm he sees them as 2 entirely separate games. If that’s the case, will Yozora et al be sidelined in KH4? Will we potentially actually get a Verum Rex game after KH4? Give us both 😫

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Seeing that the writers of KH1, CoM, and KH2 are returning for KH4 gives me a little more hope for the story. I have a feeling KH4 at the very least won't be a colossal mess like KH3 ended up being.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This whole issue re: KH4 vs Verum Rex confuses me. I’d initially assumed Nomura just meant he wasn’t sure what to call the next game, but this new comment seems to further confirm he sees them as 2 entirely separate games. If that’s the case, will Yozora et al be sidelined in KH4? Will we potentially actually get a Verum Rex game after KH4? Give us both 😫
No, his comments during the event were clear that VR and KHIV are not one-in-the-same. The misunderstandings were... actually caused by the person whose tweet you linked lol, misinterpreting impressions from attendees and mixing together the answers for two different questions.

Q&A 1: Nomura couldn't decide whether to go with KHIV or VR as his next project.
Q&A 2: Devs pointing out that fans are mispronouncing Verum Rex. Fans call it "veram rex" but the devs say it like "veroom rex". The correct way is with the long 'u'.

Chie

Awards
It's just weird that KH4 isn't considered "what all the Verum Rex stuff was teasing" if it takes place in the same setting and that ALL the secret ending stuff in KH3 was about Yozora and Verum Rex. It seemed to be saying "this is the future", and now we have a game in that very setting. If Nomura has two entire stories he's going to tell about this, then I'll wait patiently and happily, but I'd be really, really sad if he had a whole concept for a connected game that wasn't even called "Kingdom Hearts" and was even more heavily tied to Versus XIII and Nomura's personal history with Square, but he never got the chance to make it because everyone asked about Sora and then KH4 introduced even more pressing plot points to follow instead.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's just weird that KH4 isn't considered "what all the Verum Rex stuff was teasing" if it takes place in the same setting and that ALL the secret ending stuff in KH3 was about Yozora and Verum Rex. It seemed to be saying "this is the future", and now we have a game in that very setting.
Wasn't that what most people had assumed anyway? Most of the time when discussions surrounding Yozora and Quadratum arose, it was in the context of a spinoff/side story focusing on these characters, with the assumption Sora and the gang would have their own adventures in that world in the next numbered installment. It's just that their decision to bypass that other game completely and jump straight into KH4 threw us all for a loop.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wasn't that what most people had assumed anyway? Most of the time when discussions surrounding Yozora and Quadratum arose, it was in the context of a spinoff/side story focusing on these characters, with the assumption Sora and the gang would have their own adventures in that world in the next numbered installment. It's just that their decision to bypass that other game completely and jump straight into KH4 threw us all for a loop.
Right. Which leaves me wondering how much of the original "Verum Rex" concept is going to be integrated into KH4, as opposed to set aside and saved for a separate future release. It would be seriously weird, though, if Yozora and company didn't play a major role in KH4. My expectation is many of those concepts are now being folded into KH4 and, if Verum Rex is ever actually developed, it may provide some backstory/backtrack chronologically.

Blade1587

Awards
From this I get the feeling that we might still get a Verum Rex game, just that it's coming after KH4.
Hopefully that won't make Yozora's part in KH4 be too incomplete, it has for sure worked well before with Roxas getting such an expanded background in 358/2 days after his debut in KH2

SuperNova

Awards
Glad to see that the issue of KH4 being VR is being cleared up better because some of the fandom still thinks they are one in the same. I was fully expecting a VR game before we got KH4 but now that KH4 is being prioritized something tells me VR is gonna be a backstory/"what happened offscreen in KH4 adventure" type game.

Chie

Awards
Oh yeah, rather than Shin Twewy, it kinda feels more significant to me that Ishibashi wrote for FFXV, considering everything...

Cooper Newton

Awards
Seeing that the writers of KH1, CoM, and KH2 are returning for KH4 gives me a little more hope for the story. I have a feeling KH4 at the very least won't be a colossal mess like KH3 ended up being.
While I personally enjoyed Kingdom Hearts III, I understand why a lot of the fans ended up not liking it. That being said, based on the feedback for NEO: The World Ends With You, it seems Nomura made a really good call in hiring the scenario writer for that game. I also found it a bit ironic that he hired the scenario writer for Final Fantasy XV to help him on this game, considering his history with that game. Anyway, I think the presence of Igarashi could address the issue of the female character representation the series has been dealing with, if done correctly. All we can do is wait and see what the results are.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Right. Which leaves me wondering how much of the original "Verum Rex" concept is going to be integrated into KH4, as opposed to set aside and saved for a separate future release. It would be seriously weird, though, if Yozora and company didn't play a major role in KH4. My expectation is many of those concepts are now being folded into KH4 and, if Verum Rex is ever actually developed, it may provide some backstory/backtrack chronologically.
The way they talk about it sounds like Verum Rex is still on the table, but I guess it remains to be seen.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think KH4 could be the video game equivalent of a backdoor pilot episode for Verum Rex. It’ll get us more familiar with the characters and universe while allowing Disney/SE to gauge interest in the concept. Then it’ll become it’s own thing once Sora gets back home.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think there will be more work on 4 than 3 and 2, writing-wise, since it needs to lift a new saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back