• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Laurence Fishburne Is....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
The voice of SILVER SURFER.

That's right, in Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer, Laurence Fishburne will be playing the role of the cosmic surfer. I think it's a fine choice, he has an interesting voice. Is it the best, I'll have to wait and see. Personally, I had a few other choices in mind. At least he's not british.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
They should have left Doug Jones to do the voice.

From the way I imagine it, Surfer's going to have too deep of a voice for his appearance.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Weird i didnt think that Silver Surfer had anything to do with the Fantastic 4 hmmmmm oh well but for some reason i am in doubt that this movie will be successful again but you never know till it comes out i guess

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I keep thinking of ice man for some reason oh well. but yeah this might be good role but the movie as a whole is a different story

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, you're all idiots. Yeah, there's only one Laurence Fishburne that would merit its own topic, that I know of anyway. Silver Surfer is NOT known just because of the Fantastic Four, I grew up with the Silver Surfer and had no idea he started in FF. I love the guy, but he can hold his own.

And this isn't about X-Men, this is to discuss the choice for Silver Surfer. I'm very glad they didn't get Doug Jones, he doesn't have a strong enough presence, vocally, to be the Surfer.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Jones has enough presence for the Surfer.

Fishburne's voice is good for a narrator, for a mentor type (Like in the Matrix) but the Silver Surfer is a conflicted character. He submitted to being Galactus' Herald for the safety of his planet and then pulls a 180 on him and rebels to protect Earth.

I'll wait to see some trailers, but I always imagined Silver Surfer having a soft voice. Not rough like Fishburne's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back