• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Latest Famitsu features KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly has a feature on KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, showing off the new scenes from the Tokyo Game Show 2016 trailer..

The Drop Gauge is missing from these scans indicating at a possible removal from KINGDOM HEARTS [Dream Drop Distance] HD, which was first speculated after the TGS trailer dropped. KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage – shows off the Aqua mirror boss fight, as well as her reunion with Mickey Mouse while the scans from KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover highlight the Foreteller's problems with the upcoming Keyblade War.

Click to enlarge!

They also give us our first look at Chirithy in KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover.

Famitsu reveals that Unchained X Japan players who log in on October 1 will receive 3000 jewels and Sora & Friends as a present.

The feature also includes a message from Co-Director Tai Yasue. Zephyr has translated it below:

Hear from Co-director Tai Yasue
KH2.8 POINT

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 is a work that will give you a taste filled with all sorts of different excitements and is undergoing finishing touches. You can dash through the colorful worlds in KHDDD with adorably cute Dream Eaters. Discover the goals and conflicts between the Foretellers in KHx Back Cover. Solve puzzles and face terrifying boss fights while adventuring through the Realm of Darkness in KH0.2. KH0.2 in particular is intense. It uses the same development engine as KHIII. We aimed to make the last dungeon enjoyable, the sense of environment scale and the movement when Shadows become a large vortex is amazing! The game system incorporates elements from KHBBS and KH3, and the action branches from the terrain to influence how you fight. You can try the demo at Tokyo Game Show, and by all means please experience the new KH that leads to KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Remember to click the images for the full picture!

Still no drop gauge in KHDDD. Very suspicious.

Chirithy is longer than the plush toy I have of him. I demand a second one be crafted!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
wow Chirithy look like a plushie as his render

Last edited:

Michael Mario

We all want a Chirithy. I'm surprised Square hasn't released plushies of the little guy by now... Or have they?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We all want a Chirithy. I'm surprised Square hasn't released plushies of the little guy by now... Or have they?
They have! Plushes of Chirithy released in Japan in June and it was available for preorder from Square Enix NA's website but it looks like that has been removed.

appleboy82791

Awards
I'm very happy to see that there's no drop gauge. I didn't really mind it too much but I think the game will feel a whole lot better without it. Maybe now there will be separate Sora and Riku save files like CoM had.

Draxirch

Hmmm no Drop Gauge.
I woulda thought that a better way to do it was to make sure the gauge is frozen during boss battles.
Now it seems they might have added a second mode that disables it or it's been entirely removed and now you can only drop from the menu or with a button combination possibly.
One other thing to note. We saw both Castle of Dreams and Dwarf Woodlands, but if you paid close attention, the part with the Darksides, look behind them to see a castle that looks like Maleficent's and then you have thorns too.
Does this mean that the first three worlds we visited in Birth by Sleep are the premise for 0.2 Birth by Sleep <A Fragmentary Passage>? And all three worlds are associated with one of the seven princesses of heart.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
hello

CsVB6eSUMAAXt_V.jpg

this is new

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
could use ps4 light as repesntation as the drop stystem wehn the color flashes you know whn it time to drop

Muke

whatever
Awards
Correction: I'm buying all DLCs excluding DEs that don't look good

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
hello

CsVB6eSUMAAXt_V.jpg

this is new

Looks like the elephant DE. Don't tell me we get accessories on them now. If yes I hope they're similar to Chi/Ux accessories. I want a frog in a Roxas cosplay with a pink fedora and cat paws to jump around while I kick Xehanort butt.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, his render is adorable, can't tell what the lighting is like with the quality right now...? Like if its better than the Aqua one from before...which I wish they would make another for her before release lol.

They have! Plushes of Chirithy released in Japan in June and it was available for preorder from Square Enix NA's website but it looks like that has been removed.

Wait they removed the whole item or the ability to pre-order it? I pre-ordered months ago and they never said anything about my order being cancelled or anything :/ If they cancelled it all together I think this is the third time Square of North America screwed me with KH merch and I guess the extra money to import it is worth it then ha.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Looks like the elephant DE. Don't tell me we get accessories on them now. If yes I hope they're similar to Chi/Ux accessories. I want a frog in a Roxas cosplay with a pink fedora and cat paws to jump around while I kick Xehanort butt.
It's not, the tusks are different

Zolephant.png

Wait they removed the whole item or the ability to pre-order it? I pre-ordered months ago and they never said anything about my order being cancelled or anything :/ If they cancelled it all together I think this is the third time Square of North America screwed me with KH merch and I guess the extra money to import it is worth it then ha.
I think just to preorder. I can't find it on their website from a 2 minute look.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Aw, Chirithy looking more like a plush in it's rendered form, and the KH Chi ending makes me want to get the Chirithy plushie... even thought I hate cats... shame they no longer have it available on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back