• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Last Whispers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Hi everyone...*waves*...
Uhhh...
This is the fanfic that goes along the same story as [url="http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/143842-remembering-xiv.html]Remembering XIV[/url] ((that I haven't really updated on these forums, and if you look maybe you can see why, but the fully updated one is on ff.net)), but from Xion's POV ((point of view)).
SPOILER WARNING: for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.
OTHER WARNING: If you're a Xion fan, this might be a bit depressing. Especially the intro.

She mainly goes through her memories, re-living them and such until a certain thing will happen later, but I'm not gonna spoil it for you..

Here's the first two chapters...((I have 4 so far, though..))

"Last Whispers" - CH 1

Roxas was strong. I knew that well, even before our fight began. I knew, deep inside, that he would win. I knew that I probably wouldn't see him again afterward.

So why did I even decide to start it? I could have gone to Sora by myself, without forcing my best friend to hurt me. I guess I didn't think about what he would be feeling afterward, or what I would be feeling.

Well, of course I didn't. Nobodies weren't supposed to feel. But still…after being with Roxas and Axel for all this time…how could I not think that we have emotions? What we shared…our friendship…it was as real as possible. Even if we were Nobodies.

"Who are you…again?" Roxas stumbled a bit, from falling so far. At least he was mostly okay. "I feel like I'm forgetting something really important."

I felt like crying, at those words. I knew that it wasn't his fault, but that didn't stop it from hurting. I loved him. Both Roxas and Axel. And I would be forgotten…

When I collapsed, Roxas caught me. His arms were so…comforting. It's a bit late to notice while dying, but it was still true. He asked me if he had done this to me.

I denied it. "I chose this," I told him, as I was beginning to disappear. My feet and legs were freezing in ice, and my strength left. I was dying. But why did it have to hurt, emotionally, so much?

I put a hand on his, the one that he had under my shoulders. "Roxas…I need you…to do me a favor," I managed to say. He was staring at me with those deep blue eyes, the same eyes that Sora had…but I couldn't help thinking that Roxas's eyes were prettier. They reminded me of the deep ocean, while Sora's only reminded me of the sky. The ocean was a much rarer sight.

"All those hearts I've captured," I continued. "Kingdom Hearts…set them free…" it grew harder and harder to form words as my body continued to disintegrate. The ice traveled farther up my legs, covering my knees, thighs…slowly, but at the same time, quickly.

"Kingdom Hearts…free them?" Roxas asked. It was a lot to ask, I knew that. But it had to be done by someone, and…Roxas was probably the only one capable of doing so. I trusted him.

"It is too late…for me to undo my mistakes…" I managed to reply. It was then painful to even let a single word out…every word had to be forced out, burning my throat…still, it was worth it. For Roxas. "But you can't…let Xemnas have Kingdom Hearts…you can't." I probably didn't sound very convincing, since I was fading away, after all…but I had to try. "Goodbye, Roxas…" The ice advanced some more. "I'm glad to have met you…oh…and Axel, too…you're both my best friends…"

I raised the hand that had been on his up before it could be encased in the ice that was now past my waist, and caressed Roxas's face. I wasn't sure why I did. It just…felt right. Comforting. I knew I was about to cry…I would miss him so much…

"Never forget…that's the truth." It took a great deal of effort to even murmur these words. The ice was starting to cover my chest, and I could barely breathe. I wanted so badly to cry…but wouldn't it make Roxas feel worse? I knew it couldn't make the situation any better.

His face was starting to blur in my eyes. My vision wasn't working right, any more. I tried to memorize what I could. Even if it were only for a few more seconds, his face was what I would last see…

I faintly noticed that my arm dropped, but Roxas caught it.

"No!" The pain in his voice only made me want to cry more, but I was too far gone for that to be possible. In the last second, I saw recognition in his face, his eyes, before it became too blurry to make out any details. He had remembered me.

Wasn't that enough?

-----
((next part might be a slight spoiler for "Remembering XIV"))

When I woke up, I was surrounded by white.

'I'm in Sora's mind,' I realized. I don't know how I did, but it just…came to me. Sora was still asleep.

'Roxas…' I remembered what had last happened. 'What is he doing, now? I wish I could see him…'

I would have cried, if I were capable of doing so. But I didn't have a body anymore.

Did I have anything?

-----

DAY 359 ~ Seasalt Icecream

((Chapter 2))

Sora's mind was pretty boring when it was white. Sometimes memories would play--me seeing them through his eyes--and I guessed that they were part of his dreams.

Sometimes he dreamed of talking to some of his friends from the island. But when it was plain white, there was absolutely nothing to do.

I guess I shouldn't complain. I was supposed to be dead, anyway.

So I passed the time by re-living my own memories. I started with the earliest one that was most important to me--the day Roxas invited me up to the clock tower for the first time.

He handed me a blue icecream that was on a stick and asked me to try it. I did. It was salty, but also sweet…unlike anything I'd tasted…though that didn't say much since

I didn't even have memories from the past. I told Roxas what I thought of the ice cream, and he smiled.

I remember thinking that his smile was even sweeter than the icecream, until I told myself to get real. I was a Nobody.

Roxas told me about his friend Axel. I had faintly remembered seeing him before, but I guess I hadn't payed much attention to anyone until I met Roxas. He kind of…broke whatever kind of trance I'd been in for the first week or two.

I asked if I could be friends with Roxas and Axel, of course not knowing what I was getting myself into. I didn't regret it, but if I'd known the future would I have made the same choice? Would I still have even spoken a single word to Roxas?

He said that he could ask Axel. He wasn't sure about this stuff, himself. But he said we could all thee eat icecream up on the clock tower together, once Axel got back from his mission.

I agreed. After that, we didn't talk about much…just watched the sunset and ate our icecreams.

That was barely the beginning of what was to come.

-----

The memory had to end once Sora started dreaming again. I guess I couldn't visualize things as easily when he was dreaming. Maybe I was supposed to watch the dream.

I did, anyway. He dreamt of the old Riku…I guess Sora hadn't seen Riku at all recently. Or maybe he had asleep the whole time, after Riku changed…

Then the dream focused more on Kairi. The day that they'd been split apart, once again, at the island. Sora promising Kairi that he would come back.

I hadn't seen Kairi at Destiny Islands. Though she was more likely to be on the main island, and I hadn't gone there. But Riku…what had he been doing at the islands, the one time I saw him there? Had he been checking on Kairi?

I would probably never know.

Thinking of the beach there reminded me of the promise that Axel, Roxas and I had made…that we would visit the islands on our next vacation day. I wondered if the organization has had one, yet.

-----

Sora's dream had faded, giving me time to think about the past again. I recalled the day that we had our vacation.

I had just used the training room in the Organization's castle, fighting against Dusks and such. Afterward, I rested in my room for a bit. Just relaxing.

I went up to the Twilight Town clock tower to meet up with Roxas and Axel. They were there already, as expected.

Roxas asked if I had ended up going anywhere. I hadn't, so I asked if they'd gone somewhere without me.

"Axel went somewhere. He went to sleep," Roxas teased. We joked about him for a bit--in a friendly way.

I wished I could go back to those days.

-----
DAY 360 ~ Not the Same

I am not sure how, but some part of me was able to keep track of the time. I knew how long it had been since I first came into Sora's mind, and I knew how much time kept passing.

My thoughts were almost always about Roxas. He had been such an important piece of my existence--I was created as a copy of him, but I didn't think that was the only reason. Roxas had always been there. He'd spent more time with me, cared about me more than anyone else in the Organization was even capable of.

I often had wondered if Roxas truly didn't have a heart--and I still do. He showed as much emotion as Sora had in his memories, if not more.

And what about me? I claim to love both Roxas and Axel. Is this real emotion that I'm feeling, or a trick? I have no idea. I don't know if I ever will.

I thought back to the period of time when I had left Roxas and Axel and been with Riku for a while. Riku had taught me a bit about who Sora was, and about myself. But was it worth it to leave my best friends for that?

One other thing I did notice when with Riku, though, was how the way he showed emotions wasn't all that different from. The way Roxas and Axel did. Is that just because Nobodies could fake emotions? Or did we really have them?

I felt like I did. All of us. When I ran from Roxas in Twilight Town a couple times…it hurt me. I felt bad for running from them, but I also felt ashamed of myself and didn't want to face them. If I continued running, I would miss my best friends--and if I didn't, I would have to confront Axel or Roxas. What would they think of me?

I finally decided to let Roxas catch me. I purposely ran to a dead end, knowing that he'd find me there. So I let down my hood and faced Roxas.

"Where have you been?" Roxas started to approach. "Axel and I have been looking all over for you."

"You have?" I felt delighted, but also regretful. They hadn't just forgotten about me and moved on, but I felt bad for doing that to them. They didn't deserve it. I stared at the ground, not wanting to look at Roxas directly. "Sorry."

"Let's go home," Roxas suggested. "If you come back voluntarily, Saïx will let all this drop. He has to."

Really? I think Roxas and I both knew that Saïx wasn't always that forgiving. At least Roxas and Saïx were my friends--but Saïx might be even harder to face. Still, Roxas and Axel seemed to want me back…why didn't I go quickly?

"I don't care what he said to you," Roxas began. "I'll be there. Axel and I--" He started to come closer, and I automatically reacted, taking a step back as he was about to continue.

"I really can't," I said quietly.

"Why not?" Roxas asked, in a slightly demanding voice. He reached his hand out toward me. "C'mon."
I'm still not sure what made me want to run at that exact time, but I started to. I only got a few steps away before Roxas grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Wait!" he almost pleaded. It wasn't like I could go anywhere with him holding onto my arm like that, though. For the first time, I felt a bit of…annoyance at Roxas.

I summoned my keyblade. This startled him enough for him to let go, for which I was glad. But I needed him to see that…I couldn't just 'go home.' It wasn't that simple. I pointed my keyblade at him, as a warning.

I was about to start running again when a pair of familiar Chakrams flew by, colliding with my keyblade. Both Roxas and I recognized who it was even before we saw or heard him.

"Well hello there," Axel greeted in a slightly bitter tone, "Xion."

This had annoyed me even more than Roxas's persistence. Was I just in a bad mood that day? Well, probably not. I am a Nobody, after all. But Roxas had at least used more respect in his voice.

"Axel?" Roxas said this with a questioning tone of voice, though he already knew the answer.
I attempted to attack Axel, without thinking. I just ran up and swung my keyblade at him. My first attack missed, of course. The very first move had been Axel's, so the element of surprise was lost. What was I trying to do when I attacked Axel, anyway? Was it just a reaction?

Axel spent no time hesitating and counter-attacked. "No, wait!" Roxas seemed to be growing panicked. I didn't pay much attention, though--I was focusing on the fight.

I still wonder if the fight had been a real fight or not, though. It felt like neither of us wanted to really seriously hurt the other, and the fight seemed to consist of mostly blocked attacks. All Roxas did was stand and watch. I didn't think much of it, then, but now I see that there's not much he could have done, anyway. It was so sudden.

"STOP!!" Roxas shouted. I was startled enough, remembering that he was standing there, to stop look at him. There was…pain in his eyes. Whether it was real emotion or not, it was there.

In the next second I felt an attack somewhere directly on my nerves, and then nothing. Everything was blacked out as I was knocked into unconsciousness.

It was almost the opposite of being in Sora's mind, where everything was white.

-----

Sora began dreaming again. This time it was of some of his travels to different worlds, with Donald and Goofy. They'd been through so much together. They cared about each other.

Sora's care for his companions didn't feel much different than what I felt for Roxas and Axel. Did that mean that I could truly feel emotions?

Answers to all the questions that I have could fill many books.

-----

I remembered the waking after Axel had brought me back to the Organization. I had wondered how I got in my room, but after remembering what had happened earlier I guessed that Axel brought me there.

I felt a sense of…dread. What would Roxas and Axel say the next time I talked to them? I was a bit afraid to find out. Or at least, I thought I was afraid--I couldn't understand whether I really was or not.

"What should I do, Riku?" I murmured, knowing that he wasn't there. But he seemed to know so much…would he know the answer?

After that day, it was a while before we all had ice cream together again. Even then, we didn't talk much. It was so quiet…I missed the days when we could joke around while we ate icecream. The days when we shared stories or experiences, when we trusted one another.

They had disappeared, even back then, hadn't they? Why did they? What happened?

The next time I actually talked to Roxas more was on our mission together in Agrabah. Somehow, though…I was getting stronger while Roxas was getting weaker. Axel later explained the reason to me, but it made me feel a bit guilty. I didn't want Roxas to go through any hardships because of me.

"I'm glad you're back, Xion," Roxas had said, that day on the clocktower. He gave a slight smile when he said that, though in a way it seemed…sad. "I just wish Axel didn't have to be so rough with you."

It was my fault that he had to be. "I guess he's not coming today…" I mused.

"You want him to?" Roxas asked.

"What, you two have a fight?" I knew why. But I didn't want Roxas to be mad at Axel over that. It was a stupid reason.

"I can't believe that jerk would actually attack you."

These words hurt me a bit. I had attacked Axel, too. Did he just ignore that part? "So he's a jerk, now?"

Roxas didn't respond. He looked the slightest bit ashamed, and just stared out at the sunset.

"Roxas, I wouldn't be sitting here with you if he hadn't done that," I reasoned. It was true. I had been about to run off again when Axel attacked that first time. "He's your best friend."

"So are you," he countered.

That silenced me for a moment before I thought of my next words. "It's just not the same without all three of us."

-----

I hope you liked it~.
If anyone comments, I'll post the next two chapters in my next post here.
~Umbra~

impart

Climb The Sky
id read this all if i wasn't so lazy. but from the first few paragraphs i think its good :)

impart

Climb The Sky
I promise to read it tomorrow.....

cuz if i posted a fan fiction id want it to be read.

so ya.... tomorrow.....

you have my word as a Gypsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back