• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Larxene's de Sade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
I don't know if anyone knew this (or even where to put this for that matter) but, since it's in CoM manga I'll list it here.

In book one of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories when Larxene is introduced she is holding a book labeled
"Marquis de Sade".

khcomv1c3_18-1.jpg

Now at first I gave it no thought(I had no idea what it was) but, after a very uuh... interesting discussion with my History teacher I gave it a second look through. You wanna know what I found?

[Link]

I actually found ALOT more but, I didn't want to risk being banned even further than I probably am. That and most of the material I didn't list here was even MORE disturbing than anything I would ever read/look at let alone have someone else sufer through it.

It seems our darling Larxene is a tad more sadistic than we had originally thought and gives new meaning to "The Savage Nymph".

I'm not out to bash her, in fact I think I like her more. I just thought that this was a quirky little tidbit to share and Larxene fans might find this interesting. I know I did.

It also raises the question: Is the KH manga even FOR kids?

I know that if my parents ever found out that KH had references of that nature I'd be banned from ever reading/playing it again.

If you would like to research the matter further for yourself you are more than welcome to do so but, I warn you it isn't for the faint of heart.

-ChocobosComet

Last edited:

Cissy

Bronze Member
Oh yeah. That. Wiki helped me figure that out a year or so back.

She is very sadistic indeed. I mean, the word sadism came from that guy. ;D

It just goes to show, huh?

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
I didn't make the connection until today. I haven't read the manga in a while and we were studying about France in History and something clicked and I was like Oooooh! So I went and looked it up.

I love Larxene lots! 8D

Cissy

Bronze Member
It's very interesting, anyway, once you look up the guy. A memento to her sadism, I suppose.

Plus, it just sort of reaffirms her "evilness". ;3

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I never really took at the manga for canon and having ties with the game. As we see, it deviates and changes plot completely, including deaths and scenes, and in manga CoM itself, instead of the Orb, they had security cameras >.>. Oh, and Nomura Fried Chicken. In its own manga canon? Yeah, sure, Larxene reads Marquis de Sade. Does it connect to the game Larxene? Unless it proves to do so, then no. We don't ever even see her read [though, it will be nice if she was a sort of scholar that way]. Hell, even manga Larxene and game Larxene have their differences. The only one I can safely see to take is the KH2 manga, and that's only because Nomura worked on it.

Personally, as the manga is full of outrageous comedy and ironies, I thought the Marquis de Sade was a inside joke, since Larxene is a sadist, and it symbolizes the origin of sadism, etc. I already knew where the book stemmed from, so, it doesn't surprise me as a Larxene fan myself.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Interesting, I never knew that, thanks

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
I never really took at the manga for canon and having ties with the game. As we see, it deviates and changes plot completely, including deaths and scenes, and in manga CoM itself, instead of the Orb, they had security cameras >.>. Oh, and Nomura Fried Chicken. In its own manga canon? Yeah, sure, Larxene reads Marquis de Sade. Does it connect to the game Larxene? Unless it proves to do so, then no. We don't ever even see her read [though, it will be nice if she was a sort of scholar that way]. Hell
Game Larxene and Manga Larxene aren't very different. :/ The only reason Manga Larxene seems different is because you see more of her and they can fit lines and text that they couldn't get away with in CoM without upping the rating.

The plotlines vary between manga/game that much is for sure but I had never implied that the game and the manga were the same. They're not.

This was a fun fact for Larxene herself, not a debate discussion for the differences between paperback and playstaion. Having read the manga after playing bothy RE:CoM and CoM I can honestly say that her character is more or less the same. With differences in her behavior being meaningless things like speech, level of flirting, and such. Like I said before things that they can't really put in a videogame without raising the rating and losing majority of they're targeted audience.

But as I said before, this is about Larxene's reading material in the manga not the game or the variances in her character.

Interesting, I never knew that, thanks

Your welcome. :3

MasterHearts7762

I didn't make the connection until today. I haven't read the manga in a while and we were studying about France in History and something clicked and I was like Oooooh! So I went and looked it up.

I love Larxene lots! 8D

Yeah Larx is awesome! i cant see why so many people hate(maybe cuz she's a bit bitchy, but thats why we love her XD)

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I was thinking about this awhile ago.

Larxene has, and probably always will be, one of my fave Org. Members.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Game Larxene and Manga Larxene aren't very different. :/ The only reason Manga Larxene seems different is because you see more of her and they can fit lines and text that they couldn't get away with in CoM without upping the rating.

The plotlines vary between manga/game that much is for sure but I had never implied that the game and the manga were the same. They're not.

This was a fun fact for Larxene herself, not a debate discussion for the differences between paperback and playstaion. Having read the manga after playing bothy RE:CoM and CoM I can honestly say that her character is more or less the same. With differences in her behavior being meaningless things like speech, level of flirting, and such. Like I said before things that they can't really put in a videogame without raising the rating and losing majority of they're targeted audience.

But as I said before, this is about Larxene's reading material in the manga not the game or the variances in her character.

I understand.

Despite this, I was just getting out and explaining my point, so it won't come off as "BAH! THAT SO NOT CANON DDD<!", if you get where I'm coming from. And it was more to the fact that some might get confused with connections [I mean, people get Axel and Riku as Other and Nobody confused], so it was a way to get to them vaguely that it isn't the same as the game, discussion wise.

And my goodness, that close up boob pan of Larxene is pure fanservice. Then again, that's what she mostly serves in the manga *_*.

WantaSoraplushie

I think it's just saying how much of a sadist she is that she is reading a book about the biggest sadist ever. It's not saying she's as bad as him though.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
And it was more to the fact that some might get confused with connections [I mean, people get Axel and Riku as Other and Nobody confused]

People that assume that are retarded. The only thing that connects them is the times they talked to each other. Axel has about as much chance of being Riku's Nobody as Demyx has of being Maleficent's. People that assume that do so because they:

A. Like Axel

B. Like Riku

C. Look to far into the RoxasAxel, Riku/Sora friendship thing

D. Are INCREDIBLY biased

There's nothing that physically connects these two. Nothing. Riku doesn't have a Nobody or at least not that's been seen. End of story.

And my goodness, that close up boob pan of Larxene is pure fanservice. Then again, that's what she mostly serves in the manga *_*.

A part of me is offended by this statement. And another part of me (the boob obsessionist) agrees.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Cho, you only found out about this recently? I mean, speaking as a deviant, I know one when I see one. It's even detectable in CoM, let alone the manga.

Larxene: It looks like Sora's memories have taken root, just as we planned.

Axel: Let's see how far our boy will go, then. Think it's time for another
round?

Larxene: Only if it's my turn to play. You had your fun on the first floor.

Axel: (throwing cards to Larxene) Remember, Larxene. Our job is to deliver him
in one piece.

Larxene: Fine. But who says I can't have my way with him first?

Axel: Don't break him.

Larxene: Do I detect a soft spot?

Axel: He's partly one of us.

Larxene: I'm not going to break the toy, Axel — just play with it. I'm not
dumb.

Larxene is a cruel, tempting, sadistic, masochistic bitch, thus my attraction.

Someone even pointed out that she flirted with Axel in Re:Com, but I have yet to see that. He just brushed her off like she had herpes on her lip. Possibly because his love connection to Roxas.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's just saying how much of a sadist she is that she is reading a book about the biggest sadist ever. It's not saying she's as bad as him though.

I don't think she's as bad as him either. She's presented as a sadist, of course, but we don't know by how much [not everyone's the same]. In reality, all she did was taunt and tease, and kick and fought Sora a couple of times, beshslap Naminé [and personally, I think that was the first time she laid a hand on the girl, and it was only at a focal point where everything was ruined and she was in a worse mood]. Most of this can be fit to even fights in physical, as I'm sure a pair of pointy chakrams are worse than a hand slap [and somehow, people turn out alright on that one >.>]. Otherwise, she grabbed/forced Repliku to change his memories. Compared to a real sadist, that's kind of tamed. That's more like bullying, than anything. That's how I kind of see it, anyway.

As for the book, Marquis de Sade, I think, it isn't even a book in real life [as the titlel suggests anyway], so the name was thrown in there as a type of tribute/joke of her being a sadist since the name was derived from the man. Is very simple. My friend actually read Justine, for a class debate about banned books.

People that assume that are retarded. The only thing that connects them is the times they talked to each other. Axel has about as much chance of being Riku's Nobody as Demyx has of being Maleficent's. People that assume that do so because they:

A. Like Axel

B. Like Riku

C. Look to far into the RoxasAxel, Riku/Sora friendship thing

D. Are INCREDIBLY biased

There's nothing that physically connects these two. Nothing. Riku doesn't have a Nobody or at least not that's been seen. End of story.

Er, don't have to tell me that. I was just making a point of how people can be lost at times, and mix things.

A part of me is offended by this statement. And another part of me (the boob obsessionist) agrees.

Why offended? xD

It's kind of true, though. Larxene does have a lot of fanservice shots in the manga, and is hard not to notice despite me being a girl, cause is like, right in your face [like the one above. I mean, when you see that certain panel, is like right there. She's always in a provocative position too, but, that makes me like her more in terms of attitude in the manga xDD. Is almost like she's saying, "I'm sexy, so I'm going to show my sexy. I know you like it, anyway"].

I shouldn't be complaining, though. We got the bishies, which satisfies me enough.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Why offended? xD

Because Part of me is a hypocritical asshole. XD

It's kind of true, though. Larxene does have a lot of fanservice shots in the manga, and is hard not to notice despite me being a girl, cause is like, right in your face [like the one above. I mean, when you see that certain panel, is like right there. She's always in a provocative position too, but, that makes me like her more in terms of attitude in the manga xDD. Is almost like she's saying, "I'm sexy, so I'm going to show my sexy. I know you like it, anyway"].

I'm Bi. With my vast love of teh boobies how could I not? X3

kh_com_volume_2_chapter_2kh_com_-1.jpg

Er, don't have to tell me that ^^;. I was just making a point of how people can be lost at times, and mix things.

I know you were. I was just stating my piece on the matter. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back