• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Larxene's book from CoM Manga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

boo_shoe2000

ummm......everyone knows why larxene is reading that...i mean, isn't she violent....suits her type...i mean why would she read love stories if she is violent.....

neon6

ummm......everyone knows why larxene is reading that...i mean, isn't she violent....suits her type...i mean why would she read love stories if she is violent.....
But wouldn't that be an even bigger shock?

Vivi -Rebirth-

Already knew that. But I wasn't surprised when I found that connection. Larxene is my 2nd favorite Organization XIII member, and I really liked how Shiro Amano made that connection in the Manga. I should read that book sometime. Finished reading The Canterbury Tales a few months ago, and I'm in need for a good, sinful read. :p

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Yeah, I found that out when I was looking up any new stuff on Organization XIII the day after I got the manga and the book info was listed in the trivia. ^^

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Okay, so my GF was telling me that the book Larxene is reading in the manga (in card three, page 92) is called 'Marquis de Sade'... So I searched it and this is what I got

That was from Wiki.

More on the dude is here: The Marquis de Sade

"Few have read the Marquis de Sade, yet few are unaware of his nature, the desire to inflict pain for pleasure, especially sexual pleasure. His diabolical nature has become embedded in the language - sadism, sadist, sadistic."

Cool, huh? ^_^

Not suprising. Larxene is a total :cursing: !

Fuyu

I already knew that, it fits Larxene.
Didn't Axel read one book too? Was there any name on the book?
Just wandering, since my CoM manga is out of my reach right now.

Fuyu

Found it. 'Dish Tonight' was the book that Axel read, but few letters might be missing on the biggiong, because speech bubble covers it..

Kurxi

Not really surprising, considering her personality... But Axel's book, sounds like cooking... Cause he got a fire element?

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
Apparently Marquis De Sade was some sort of murderer/rapist from what I've heard. O.O;

Either way: It fits Larxene's personality perfectly.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Already knew that. But I wasn't surprised when I found that connection. Larxene is my 2nd favorite Organization XIII member, and I really liked how Shiro Amano made that connection in the Manga. I should read that book sometime. Finished reading The Canterbury Tales a few months ago, and I'm in need for a good, sinful read. :p

True, and while it is uber cool and fits her, I think it was more tried for humor (like her death), you know? Larxene is a sadist, she's reading a book out of the man who's the namesake of sadism.

I don't take things in the manga seriously, is not exactly canon. I think the manga exaggerated her personality (and put her more in a sexual way), she never dropped me as that sadistic, honestly. Then again....

The Larxene in the manga and in CoM/Re: CoM, is different. The one in the manga is like you give her one wrong look and she'll be slashing your throat mercilessly. The true one in CoM appears more laidback, and just like seeing people squirm and be at the end of her hands. Nothing ever hinted anything more than she's a normal sadist, that does derive pleasure, but I don't think in the sexual way or that massive.

Her death changed my view of her, she sounded, for once, sad. Maybe it was the voice actor (props), but I kind of felt sorry for her. Now, as someone perfectly placed, it, "It's cool that she's actually a sad, insecure little person underneath her facade of sadism and pride."

A bit exaggerated, but it gets the point across. I just wished we could've gotten more of her character, because I personally don't believe someone's a b*tch just for the sake of being one. It had to come from somewhere.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
yeah it was Marquis De Sade that she was reading... you know the word "sadistic"? well it comes from Sade.... that guy was one twisted french dude.....

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
....just wondering, how are sadistic, sadism, and sadist pronounced?

1. Sadistic [suh-dis-tik]

2. Sadism [sey-diz-uh
thinsp.png
m]

3. Sadist [sad-is-t]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back