• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Laptops: Vaio vs. Alienware

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I've been thinking about getting a laptop for a while now and I need help choosing which one to get ;_;
The two that have caught my eye are a Alienware M11x and a Vaio laptop, although i'm slightly leaning towards the Alienware due to it having better battery power than the Vaio laptops i've looked at. Does anyone have either of these laptops? What are the pros and cons? Which one is better overall?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Question: Why do you need a Laptop? If you just want to get a laptop to get a laptop, don't. Get a desktop.
If you have a legit reason for a laptop, then I'd go for the Alienware. Those things are a powerhouse.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Everyone that I've ever spoken to or read has said that Alienware is overpriced.

HP Envy 14, but Vaio are usually fairly decent as well.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Alienwares are genuinely overpriced for a slightly more powerful laptop with a led mod =/
Vaio im guessing you mean the vaios made by sony. reputable brand but some times they are overpriced just because of the sony name.
Ive used Hp for years and never really had big problems with mines. and they seem to last =/

it all depends on what you plan on doing with it....

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Get a Toshiba Satellite. Be happy forever.

Though, what exactly do you need it for?

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Question: Why do you need a Laptop? If you just want to get a laptop to get a laptop, don't. Get a desktop.
If you have a legit reason for a laptop, then I'd go for the Alienware. Those things are a powerhouse.

I travel often and want something that I can use for games, movies, and possibly schoolwork if needed.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

Girlfriend's broke two weeks after she bought it because of a faulty motherboard and something (it escapes me at the moment) else. Most of this is Best Buy's fault but it took five weeks to get it back. I don't recommend Toshiba after that, really.

D

Deleted member 36435

Give me your budget and what you will need it for.
ASUS and Acer make better and cheaper laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back