• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Languages

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I wasn't too sure if there was a topic on this (The search function doesn't seem to turn up anything I search for now), so I figured I'd make a topic to discuss any languages some of us might speak. I know most of us will speak English to some sort of standard, but I was wondering if there are people who can speak other languages. A lot of people come from all over the globe, so I thought it might be interesting to learn more about the languages they can speak.

I personally speak English. However, I have studied German in the past and have recently started learning again through Duolingo. I'm hoping to learn it more fluently to impress one of my friends.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I can help you whenever you want with German!

I speak 3 languages: German/Austrian (yes there are differences), English, and a little bit of Italian.
I don't know what else to say~

Rix

:)
Awards
I speak English, Norwegian and Swedish. Well, my Swedish is very bad though.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Finnish & English here. I've been studying Swedish since I was like 10 or something but I never liked it so I can't really speak it well. I understand it fine though, especially written text. Also some Japanese, I study independently and have only gotten up to a bit over 300 kanji, but I can understand most of the songs I listen to just fine lol. That's a start. I wish I had more time to study it, I'd love to learn another language at least somewhat properly.

So yeah I'm sure many of you are interested in learning Finnish, the most important and practical language to know in this world. Every employer wants to see that skill in your CV. I'm available for lessons anytime.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I speak English and Spanish - the two dominant languages here in the US. I have also over the past few months started to learn Japanese - inspired really, since I'll be taking a trip to glorious Nippon within the year. I am nowhere close to retaining their alphabet though and must resort to Romanji when reading. Personally, I've always wanted to learn two other languages outside my mother tongue, and l felt my more practical proclivities would lend themselves well with Spanish / Japanese under my belt.

! If anyone can suggest some great browser-based or phone apps for Japanese that would be wonderful. I currently use Duolingo for Spanish, and they offer many other languages, just not Japanese.

So yeah I'm sure many of you are interested in learning Finnish, the most important and practical language to know in this world. Every employer wants to see that skill in your CV. I'm available for lessons anytime.

<3

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
Well i speak Spanish and English. I have been thinking of learning a new language it´s between Japanese and Portuguese.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Btw, Italian is probs the most difficult language I ever had to learn.
K i l l m e i n s c ho o l

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
i can only read and write in english

but i can speak 3 other languages

Kounelli

Awards
I speak Greek and English.

I tried learning German a few years back but to no avail. Maybe I will pick it up again sometime. I really want to learn Spanish though since my students' demographic at work is mostly Hispanic.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I can pretty much speak Spanish on a conversational a level, but the specifics and ins and outs of it are a bit hazy for me. English, is my native language and at some point in time I want to learn how to speak Yoruba(u-ru-bah, for anybody that hasn't seen that word before:smile:), maybe my parents will teach it to me or something.

Dodi Dream

I speak Italian and also English, even if not very well. I would like to learn Spanish too. I also studied French for three years but I didn't continue to study it so I remember almost nothing now.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
My best language is English, but I can also speak Spanish. My friend is teaching me to speak Korean so this'll be interesting.

Rix

:)
Awards
I know what you mean, it happened the same thing with me and French, that's why I abandoned it

Same with me and Spanish. I really wanted to learn Spanish, but the teacher was horrible :/

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I should probably be thankful now seeing I have a hilarious Spanish teacher. Then again I could take ASL (American Sign Language) instead of Spanish again next year. What should I do? :/

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I should probably be thankful now seeing I have a hilarious Spanish teacher. Then again I could take ASL (American Sign Language) instead of Spanish again next year. What should I do? :/
Unless you are really committed you probably won't learn either language just from school work. So I guess take what's more fun? unless you see yourself practicing Spanish or ASL a lot in free times.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Gonna hold ya to that.

I speak German and English. I also have some knowledge left out of my French-classes a few yesrs ago and I'm trying to learn Turkish but honestly I can't properly speak it yet.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ayyy I'm a loser who only speaks English. ... Well I've taken Latin for about 6 years now, but I wouldn't call myself fluent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back