• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Languages

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, since I from Finland I speak Finnish as my native tongue. I also speak English and I think I understand it well at this point. I read novels in English sometimes, and some of the exam books that I have read are in English and I think I understand them pretty well. Also, all Finns have to study Swedish from the 7th grade onward(I think now they changed so it`s starts in the 6th grade) so I have learned a little of that too. But like 80% of other Finns very little means very little, and my Swedish skills are pathetic. I think I can say basic stuff like what is my name and all that jazz, but no where near enough where I could start an actual conversation with an Swedish person.
I tried to learn Spanish with my sister and my cousin during high school, but the text book was so horrible that stopped after the first course.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Eh, take whichever one you're most interested in.

Unless you are really committed you probably won't learn either language just from school work. So I guess take what's more fun? unless you see yourself practicing Spanish or ASL a lot in free times.
Idk, I kinda wanted to take both.
My friends and parents tell me to take ASL but I really like Spanish so far.
And I have a hard time remembering sign language, my best friend is trying to help teach me what she knows so far in ASL so I may as well stick to Spanish. xD

Muke

whatever
Awards
So Spanish it is!

I also have to say that Italian is a really hard language to learn/get used to. Imo anyway

Chuuya

Awards
So Spanish it is!

I also have to say that Italian is a really hard language to learn/get used to. Imo anyway
I know what that's like with Spanish cause of certain ways you need to say words in a sentence. That and trying to learn Korean lol.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Italian is just really this "ugh"-language. I never know ehat to say

Chuuya

Awards
My teacher says she has 4 languages.
English.
Spanish.
Sarcasm.
And profanity.
That's the kind of Spanish teacher I have.

Muke

whatever
Awards
My Italian teacher takes stuff into the exam which we haven't even talked abou yet (the whole class got a 5/an F or whatever you call it)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Same for me, I can only say "mi chiamo Michael" and that's about it.
And honestly I just don't find the language appealing. :/

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm not a big fan of all those languages either. French, Spanish and Italian are quite similar and I don't particularly like either.
I like Finnish and Russian a lot, though.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm not a big fan of all those languages either. French, Spanish and Italian are quite similar and I don't particularly like either.
I like Finnish and Russian a lot, though.

Come here and I'll teach you Finnish. You might learn some Swedish too since everything here is in both languages. Also Russian sounds so cool, I was thinking about learning it back in high school, but as always, was too lazy to actually do it.

Chuuya

Awards
I can give you guys examples of what I've learned.
¡Hola! ¡Buenas Noches!
Me IIamo Howler.
Me gusta dibujar y escribir cuentos.
Soy artìstico y yo habla español.
¡Nos vemos!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Come here and I'll teach you Finnish. You might learn some Swedish too since everything here is in both languages. Also Russian sounds so cool, I was thinking about learning it back in high school, but as always, was too lazy to actually do it.

Yeah as soon as I can afford a bike, I'll be on my way.

Chuuya

Awards
Woah wait.
There you learn Swedish?! :eek:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Woah wait.
There you learn Swedish?! :eek:

That's the case in many countries. In Germany, depending on the school form you attend, you have to learn either French, Spanish or Latin from 6th grade on. It's to give you more possibilities later.
And...well, Finland and Sweden are pretty close, so it makes sense :D

Chuuya

Awards
That's the case in many countries. In Germany, depending on the school form you attend, you have to learn either French, Spanish or Latin from 6th grade on. It's to give you more possibilities later.
And...well, Finland and Sweden are pretty close, so it makes sense :D
I'm never given those many options here!
It would be nice learning that many languages.
So if I'm around someone I don't like, I could swear in a different language at them and not knowing what I'm saying.
I'm joking, that kind of power comes great responsibility.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm never given those many options here!
It would be nice learning that many languages.
So if I'm around someone I don't like, I could swear in a different language at them and not knowing what I'm saying.
I'm joking, that kind of power comes great responsibility.

Besides, you never know if they speak that language as well. :p

Rix

:)
Awards
I've actually wondered about why so many Finnish people are good in Swedish xD

Speaking of having Swedish in the school program.. I'm from Norway which is also close to Sweden. During the Norwegian classes in high school, we had to read some texts in Swedish. We asked our teacher why, and she revealed that understanding Swedish is part of the shool progam, which is very odd considering that Swedish is not an official languagr in Norway. We did never really get an explanation why it was part of the school program, we just had to deal with it.

Regardless, Swedish is very similiar to Norwegian, so it's easy to understand most of the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back