• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Land of Departure disappeared.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerjuice

The land of departure has completely been removed from my map on kh bbs (2.5). I have already defeated vanitas lingering spirit so I wanted to fight the mysterious figure. Can somebody help me on why the land of departure has disappeared and how I might fix that?

Silverwarrior

If you're playing in the final chapter, then aqua has sealed the land away and so it's no longer accessible. You'll need to play in either the character chapters.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Has it disappeared from all the files? Once you completed each of the four stories you should be able to return to LoD in all of them except for the final chapter I think.

gamerjuice

I thought you had to beat vanitas first though and he is only in the final chapter. I've already beat all of the stories, and have done everything except for the mysterious figure. He is the only thing I have left to do to unlock the secret chapter and have 100% on reports. Is there somthing Im missing?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
No, I don't think you have to beat VS first and he's supposed to be in all the stories. Like with MF you can challenge him as Terra, Aqua, and Ven. There aren't supposed to be any special requirements to reopen LoD outside of finishing the characters respective story-lines. It's been a while since I played BbS but I don't think you even need to beat the whole game, just complete a story to get MF for that file.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Vanitas' Remnant can also be accessed in the character files, otherwise you could not challenge it with Terra and Ven (and yes, you need to defeat Vanitas' Remnant first before you can challenge Young Xehanort).
In fact, it is recommended to do any of the extra challenges in the respective stories of the characters.
Final Episode is intended for the final boss fight with Terra-Xehanort at Radiant Garden only.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Well, to be able to access the Mysterious Figure fight, you need to load a save file on which Land of Departure is still available, but you can also access the Badlands at that time. Like, just before going to the Badlands for the last time in all stories, LoD is available from what I remember. Save right before going to the Badlands for the last time, that save file would be perfect. After you beat Vanitas Remnant, you got to LoD and Mysterious Figure will appear there. Ta-daa~
*I hope I got that right, must remember my own old gameplay*

Mavrix

"Once you have defeated the Lingering Spirit, you will need to load a game that grants you access to the Land of Departure. Here you will find the games ultimate boss waiting at the summit for you. Once again, I suggest Aqua, due simply to her invincibility while cartwheeling. Also keep the mine slots. Especially Seeker Mine. You can now also use recovery spells, without penalty like before. Just do not expect your foe to give you a good deal of chances to use them. If you feel brave, all elemental spells o normal damage, so long distance spells such as Mega Flare are descent in the fight. Your main focus will of course be Shotlocks. Make sure you can get the very best of the best for these. When you feel prepared, head to the world. An events will bring you to your foe at the summit."
(From FinalFantasyKingdom.net - Birth By Sleep Optional Bosses)

Here's what I don't understand: It says that after beating Lingering Spirit Vanitas, you need to load up a file that you can access LoD in, but if you think about it, the fight against LS Vanitas is available AFTER fighting Terra/Xehanort at Radiant Garden in the Final Episode, where you can't access LoD. So how do you carry over the info that you have beaten LS Vanitas to another file where LoD is accessible so that you can fight the Mysterious Figure? That doesn't sound possible. You'd have to be on Final Episode, beat Terra/Xehanort to unlock LS Vanitas, then in turn beat LS Vanitas to unlock the Mysterious Figure, which you fight in a non-existing LoD. It doesn't add up! How the heck do you expect to do that? I want to fight the Mysterious Figure, but I have no way to get to him cuz in my files where LoD is accessible after beating the game, he's not there cuz I haven't beat LS Vanitas yet, but then I can't get to him after I beat Terra/Xehanort and LS Vanitas cuz LoD is gone! WTF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back