• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lair....over hyped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Hey, not sure if there is a thread for Lair, didn't see one on the last 4 or 5 pages. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile. It looks amazing and the storyline seem pretty good. For those who don't know, Lair is a PS3 exclusive that was supposed to be released August 14th but was pushed to September 4th. In the game you are a Dragon Knight, a soldier who fights while riding a dragon. The story is slightly politically driven and moral choice based.

I got the latest EGM yesterday and they said the controls were iffy and the camera was a pain. Basically they said it didn't live up to all the hype at all; it was the complete opposite. Some say the delay was not because of online features, but because of bad early reviews(ex. EGM). Do any of you have thoughs about the game? Was it overhyped? Is it biting Eragon too much? Should I just wait for Heavenly Sword and Metroid Prime: Corruption?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
1. Never listen to EGM. They don't know anything.

I've been reading and watching videos all about Lair. I never once found any bad reviews. The camera looks fine to me. All controls are iffy to some people. You're riding a friggen dragon =\ It is going to be different than what people are usually used to. But if you turn down a game based solely on controls and camera, you shouldn't even have the power to review.

I think EGM is just full of themselves. Lair looks awesome. The camera in the videos looked fine. Controls might take a few seconds to get used to, but it surely won't be horrid.

I

Inuyashigan

it doesnt look that bad to me...in fact....i dont care what the camera or controls are like, riding a dragon is just plain badass.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
1. Never listen to EGM. They don't know anything.

I've been reading and watching videos all about Lair. I never once found any bad reviews. The camera looks fine to me. All controls are iffy to some people. You're riding a friggen dragon =\ It is going to be different than what people are usually used to. But if you turn down a game based solely on controls and camera, you shouldn't even have the power to review.

I think EGM is just full of themselves. Lair looks awesome. The camera in the videos looked fine. Controls might take a few seconds to get used to, but it surely won't be horrid.

Red Steel looked great from gameplay videos.

Awards
I admit that I don't base my game choices solely on EGM, they have been quite wrong in the past when it came to reviews and previews. I was just a bit shocked after reading they're 'review' In the end, I'm still going to buy the game, it looks too good to turn down if you're a PS3 owner. Thanks for the input and opinions everyone-

Zane-

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

As for tons of games..

One the reviewers gave The Darkness a low score just because he keep getting lost in the game..

Ultima Keyblade said:
I think EGM is just full of themselves.
I would agree if Lair wasn't by Factor 5, one thing Factor 5 is good at is making there crap seem good..

Inuyashigan said:
..i dont care what the camera or controls are like, riding a dragon is just plain badass.
I lol'd, if that is the case why not play a good game what lets you ride on a Dragon?

If thats all you want to do.

I

Inuyashigan

actually, red steel is one of the shittiest looking games i've ever seen in this next-gen.

Subtly Inspiring
It looked like badass Wii title and cool game to use the Wii remote with though.

...lol Wii.

And if the problems were controls and camera, then people would say that Shadow of the Colossus is also no good.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Its all on opinion in the end. I think it looks good. I, and others, will buy it, regardless of what gaming magazines say. That is what it comes down to. You must try it yourself. I believe it will become very hot once its released. If the camera and controls do suck, I'll get over it. I am more interested in the gameplay and story than minor details.

Sora'sOtherSide

If the controls are the only problem, get used to the damn controls. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Plus, if there was anything difficult about the controls, they're probably fixed/ are fixing them now.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
And you can vouch for that 100%?

No, not really :p, but Panzer Dragoon is one of the best on-rail shooters around.
What I should have said was "I suggest Panzer Dragoon if you like Dragon Games". I don't really know what to say about Lair, and can't really trust EGM(they give a lot of games bad scores).

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
If there's something I want a game to do correctly, it would be my ability to actually play the game and see what the hell is happening. I think the controls, something I'm going to be dealing with 100% of the time, is pretty high on the list of things I should be able to enjoy when playing a video game

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
The one game to me that is over hyped is Heavanly Sword. Lair looks cool, but HS just looks...bleh.

I

Inuyashigan

I lol'd, if that is the case why not play a good game what lets you ride on a Dragon?

If thats all you want to do.

name one and i'll buy it.

they're probably fixed/ are fixing them now.

kotaku said lair was already sent to manufacturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back