• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Laguna was planned to be in Birth By Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Nomura and Takahashi on Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (andriasang.com, 12.21.2010)

"The two shared a few new details on the recently announced Laguna character. The FFVIII hero was actually supposed to have appeared in Kingom Heats Birth by Sleep, Nomura revealed. They'd even partially prepared a scenario where Laguna appears as the head of Mirage Arena. In the end, they decided that if they were to have a new character from FFVIII in Duodecim it would end up being Laguna, so they left him out of BbS."

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Well, at least this way I can play as him. I see what they did with the whole Zack <- Cloud and Laguna <- Squall thing though.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Wow, that would have been cool. Zack being the only FF character kinda made BBS a little stale even though I appreciate Zack.

Ah no, that would have been so cool. I love Laguna but I hate Dissidia.

the fluff?

SQEXGAL

Website
sqex.wordpress.com
the fluff?
No, I think the gameplay is boring unless you are playing against another person, but even then it gets stale after a while.

On topic though, the whole relationship with Squall didn't even cross my mind until Pinwheel said so! It would have been a nice tie-in.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No, I think the gameplay is boring unless you are playing against another person, but even then it gets stale after a while

To each his own, but that is DEFINETLY not the case.

I enjoy playing random matches now long after capping everyone and beating the story.

blackberi

Laguna? SRSLY?

Fml man... that would've been amazing. FFVIII is my favourite FF and he's my favourite character from it, ugh. Although him in Dissidia makes up for it, I s'pose.

D

Deleted member 87467

petecry I think that would have been awesome. Laguna would be perfect for Mirage Arena if u ask me.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
wait he not in the final mix is he?
i wish the psp2 was out then they could fir more into the game

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
birth by sleep was ther chance to put in all the knights, wario of light, cecil, oniln knight,
kh and forward only seem to be able to conncet to ff chracter in the futuristic worlds

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Wow, so that explains where the tie-ins to the Leon/Squall plot went. And making him head of Mirage Arena actually makes sense due to his character from FFVIII. Fuck this actually had potential to be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back