• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lag with Swap Magic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Nobodies

I'm using a burned copy of KH2: Final Mix. RE: Chain of Memories works just fine, no problems at all, but KH2: Final Mix lags like hell between events, and loading areas. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem? Or maybe it was a bad burn/image?

Also, I have both, Swap Magic 3.6 and 3.8 and I've used two different PS2 systems (one of them relatively new). So it can't be a console problem.

IDX Rider

Try reburning it. I've had a similar problem with a different game, but burning it at 2X did the trick.

Hyrenking

The most common problem with lag on a burned disk is that the disk is of low quality media, if that's not the case, then IDX Rider is probably right and a reburn will probably fix it.
This is a Back-Up copy of KH2FM+, right? :D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm using a burned copy of KH2: Final Mix. RE: Chain of Memories works just fine, no problems at all, but KH2: Final Mix lags like hell between events, and loading areas. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem? Or maybe it was a bad burn/image?

Also, I have both, Swap Magic 3.6 and 3.8 and I've used two different PS2 systems (one of them relatively new). So it can't be a console problem.

I've never burned a game before, but I know other people who have burned games. Maybe you should reburn it or something?

IDX Rider

I used my Nero burning software the first time the game I copied lagged. It's slowest was 8x. Someone told me to download the free software called DVD Decrypter because it's slowest is 2x. That's what I did and viola!

XIII Nobodies

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just bought some new Sony DVD+R discs yesterday and tried reburning it at 4x speed using Alcohol, and it works perfect. My previous one was on a Phillips disc, and was also burned at 4x using Alcohol. So I think Hyrenking may have been right about the quality factor. Anyway, thanks again for your support.

@Hyrenking
And yes, this is a backup. I always backup my games because I live with my sister and my 2-year-old niece, who likes getting into my stuff. After she used a pen to damage my Tales of the Abyss game, I figured it would be best to start backing up all my games, and make sure they all work, just in case it happens again.

MF29

Make sure to never burn a game onto a scratched disc, and remeber to always burn at the speed that equals half of what is certified on the disc.

IDX Rider

That's what people have been told to do to because it's the preferred way, but there were cases where that still didn't work. I was one of those people. Sometimes when it did work, the quality wasn't as good as it was when I burned it at an even slower speed. Some might not notice, but you can sometimes see boxes in the darker colors during gameplay and/or move sequences. Burning it at the slowest speed possible gets rid of those.

Also, for some reason my PS2 can't read DVD+R. I use Memorex DVD-R. Never failed yet so I always use them for movies and games...and when I need a data DVD to backup files and stuff.

MF29

That's what people have been told to do to because it's the preferred way, but there were cases where that still didn't work. I was one of those people. Sometimes when it did work, the quality wasn't as good as it was when I burned it at an even slower speed. Some might not notice, but you can sometimes see boxes in the darker colors during gameplay and/or move sequences. Burning it at the slowest speed possible gets rid of those.

Also, for some reason my PS2 can't read DVD+R. I use Memorex DVD-R. Never failed yet so I always use them for movies and games...and when I need a data DVD to backup files and stuff.

If your PS2 can run DVD-Rs, I will recommend the top 3 medias to buy. Buy either Verbatim, Maxell, or Taito Yuden [from Japan], these are the top high quality medias and have been certified. Burning a game at 1X, is the safest speed, it gives the burner time to accurately dispense the data onto the disc, thus making the burn more sufficient and playable.

You can also check to see what speeds your burner supports, if it supports speeds 2X and 4X try either of those and they should work fine. Also, I would recommend you use DVD ecrypter to burn backups.

IDX Rider

I believe the lowest mine does support is 2x, so that's the speed I always use and that's the speed I recommend to others. If not, the the lowest speed they can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back