• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to hear your guy's opinions on this very question!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muramasa

Who do you think should make the first move, when it comes to liking a guy or girl? Like say a crush for example.

Would you want them to tell you straight out or not?

How do you go about telling a person you like them?

Did it work for you or back fire?

So discuss and try to take this somewhat seriously. Share your stories if you have any.

Also I don't need dating advice, I'm simply asking a simple question :cool:

Last edited:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Who do you think should make the first move, when it comes to liking a guy or girl? Like say a crush for example.
Who ever has the crush i guess.
Personally if i really likin some one i would just go up and talk to her...
what the worse that can happen? From the short conversation you should be able to
see if she likes you or not...
that i have a crush on them..? No
Genuinely they should be able to pick up the vibe that you like them
becaue you approached them out of no where and, you are trying to make alot of small talk with them.
Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt...
So discuss and try to take this seriously. Share your stories if you have any.

Youniquee

Awards

Any gender can make the first move...I don't think a girl should wait for a guy to make the first move. It's long, boring and might not even end up happening.

Tell me straight out, there's no point going around in circles. Or...well, at least very obviously hint at it lol

It depends who it is. I've told a few people I liked them. Usually, I just say I straight up like them. Just being honest and upfront is the best thing for me.

Haha, the last time I told someone I liked them, I wouldn't say it worked or backfired. It was neutral and the reply I was expecting. At the end of the day, I was just happy to get my feelings out and kick that person out from my mind forever ^o^
I also don't need to keep wondering what if's, which kept me liking them~

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
My friends are all super conservative and all like "if you (the guy) don't make a first move, you don't deserve a girlfriend, ever"

However, I'm pretty lax and I believe the first move can be either person. I feel like two people should be honest about where their feelings are going and if someone's interested, they should try to be bold enough to make a move. It avoids confusion and in the end makes things better when people are honest about their intentions and know when to just be friends or advance a relationship.

I've had girls make moves on me and it's a real turn on for me. Too bad the last couple of times it happened it was a girl I wasn't interested in at all, but the whole idyllic scenario of a shy guy getting pursued by a cute girl is kind of a distant wank fantasy of mine. Then again, I wouldn't mind making a move, either, it just has to be on my timing and with the right person.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I met the love of my life at a job interview, we sat next to each other on a bench waiting, I was playing Final Fantasy 4 on my phone & I noticed her because if her large breasts and the skirt she was wearing, her gorgeous face and slim figure all tlod me one thing... OUT OF MY LEAGUE! lol Anyway she talked to me 1st asking me what I was playing & we hit it off from thleir, I later found out she only talked to me so that our employer would see her as a social & likable lerson lol

Moral of the story: it dosnt matter who comes onto who 1st, as long as you 2 are talking. we started off as coworkers, then friends, then I realized I wanted more than that so I kicked it ul a notch!

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I think the guy or girl can make the first move. There's been times when I've been approached by girls, which I like a lot more than when I gotta go do the dirty work, but sometimes they may just be hoochie mama gold diggers. Not always, but watch out sometimes! But, both genders can and should approach the other.

Eh, I do like to hear 'oh yes I like you!, but having some creativity is pretty nice too. Only if it gets drug out for a while and the message isn't getting across should one say that 'I like you.'

By either telling them that I them, or flirting on the reg.

Both, sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
I don't think it matters who makes the first move. I find the whole notion of the girl expecting the guy to make a move silly. If you like the person and you want something to happen, then take the chance yourself. If you just sit around and wait, nothing might happen and then you might just end up blaming the person you're interested in for not making a move, which is stupid.

When I have a crush on someone, and we're close enough friends, I tell them straight out. I've done it for all my crushes except one, and that is because he already knew (it was so obvious) from others and he made it clear that he's not interested in a very rude way. Also I'd prefer to hear it straight out. I don't like it when someone beats around the bush, and I'm pretty slow at understanding subtle things sometimes so there is a chance that I would be confused and frustrated.

Once I confessed to the guy I like and he said, "I like you more than a friend, but less than a lover". It was sort of ambiguous to me, and I got a little hopeful but later on I realized that he doesn't like me. So I would have preferred that he said it clearly that he doesn't like me, and just get it over with.

I don't remember how I've actually told the person I like that I like him, but I know that it didn't take a very long time. Maybe I started with a "Can I talk to you about something that I feel is important?" or something like that and then just say it clearly and quickly.

Well, most of the time it didn't work out but that doesn't really stop me from telling. For me, it just means that he never liked me in that way but at least I was honest. And most of the time we just stay the way we've always been so I feel happy that way.

...This actually helps me remember why I don't want to have romantic feelings for people.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think the notion that the guy should always make the first move is sexist and outdated in a world that claims to be gender-equal. As far as I'm concerned, if you like someone, you should be the one to make the first move, regardless of what your gender is.

Shawty

Awards
Who do you think should make the first move, when it comes to liking a guy or girl?
Definitely the one who's having the crush. Usually I'm the one who starts talking to someone I find interesting, crush or no crush. It gets a little harder though when I really like someone, I tend to get shy when they start talking to me.

Well sometimes that isn't necessary because I can spot when someone's into me. But yes I would like to have him tell me he likes me.

I allllways start with flirting, and eventually I will tell him straight forward: I like you.

This reminds me of so many things. It has always worked but after seeing eachother 2/3 times they always tell me; This isn't gonna work. Idk why, guess I'm just not lucky when it comes to guys. Or I pick out the wrong guys.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Who do you think should make the first move, when it comes to liking a guy or
girl? Like say a crush for example.

it doesn't really matter if you ask me... making the first move isn't stereotyped... but it is likely that girls will do it before guys I've come to see a little.

it's a bit shocking when the come straight out, I award their honesty but I like it when I have to figure it out...
I like the hypothetical situational approach, hopefully the one I'm telling these to, will figure it out
it's fifty-fifty back fire to neutral reactions... so nothing good yet...

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
It shouldn't matter who does it, but if you're a dude, making the "first move" helps to portray a sense of confidence and assertiveness.

That they like me? For sure. Whether or not a relationship evolves depends on whether I like them in the same way or not.

A couple of dates first. Then you become more straight forward and tell them if you are comfortable with them.

idkmybffjill

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I think whoever wants to make a move, should just make it. it never really matters.

I wouldn't mind it if they did, I also like playful suggestion (as long as it isn't so subtle it goes over my head >_>).

I try to be clever, but like said above, I try to keep the subtlety down.

like once. but i rarely actually make a move unless the opportunity is so good it almost hurts. *penguin*

Sora3D

Website
www.whatahag.tumblr.com
Lol, well one time I had a huge crush on the boy who was a year older than me. I'm a very bold person so I got tired of waiting for something to happen because everyone thought he was interested in me too, so I told him. I literally went straight up to him and said, "I know who likes you!" in a tease-y tone, like it was gonna be one of my friends or something. He smiled wide and said, "Really? Who?" And I quickly said, "I do." And walked away. He yelled out, "Oh.. I didn't know that!" And awkwardly chuckled and turned away.
I wish I couldn't redone the ending differently because it was awkward as heck but whatever, we're friends now still and it's been a few months. I don't like him anymore so I guess everything turned out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back