Film ► La La Land

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
[video=youtube;MmKlaGpmYig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmKlaGpmYig[/video]

This movie. Oh my days, as a hopeless romantic, I am in love with this movie. The music is infectious, the visuals are reminiscent of Dick Tracy and Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone have such strong chemistry!

What's everyone's thoughts of this iconic movie?

Lonbilly

bisexuals in space
  • Ninja'd
  • Nose Stuck in a Book
I loved the film myself. That being said, it ain't a perfect movie (is there really such a thing though, lol) but since it blew up like Frozen and was pretty much everywhere, it seems to have become the mainstream opinion that it's actually just meh or bad.

Which, I mean, if someone did dislike it or found it boring, they're not wrong for having that opinion. But I use Frozen as a comparison since even people who didn't see that movie, or joined in on the mainstream thought process regarding it, started hating on it.

That aside, I find the film to be great. I loved the music, I loved the visuals (holy shit, the visuals) and I loved how nostalgic it felt while very much feeling modern.

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
I loved the film myself. That being said, it ain't a perfect movie (is there really such a thing though, lol) but since it blew up like Frozen and was pretty much everywhere, it seems to have become the mainstream opinion that it's actually just meh or bad.

Which, I mean, if someone did dislike it or found it boring, they're not wrong for having that opinion. But I use Frozen as a comparison since even people who didn't see that movie, or joined in on the mainstream thought process regarding it, started hating on it.

That aside, I find the film to be great. I loved the music, I loved the visuals (holy shit, the visuals) and I loved how nostalgic it felt while very much feeling modern.
Yeah, I suppose it's the hipster effect when a movie like this blows up. I mean, the movie was from the director of Whiplash so I knew I was getting myself into a treat. I still don't know how to feel for La La Land not winning the Oscars.

The only nitpick I have is the time era. I just find it so jarring that the characters are using modern applications like an iPhone, modern cars and YouTube whilst mashing this clearly intentional 70's noir theme. I really don't understand the purpose of that.