• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kotaku Speak-up: Should the Kingdom Hearts Games That Suck Still Count?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyzanesucks

You mean the missions? Cause I don't get the repetitiveness on anything else.
No, the combat system. Like the way that you didn't have any sort of commands unless you count the basic magic and Limit Breaks. At first, I was annoyed by the missions, but now I like them to an extent. It makes the worlds feel more like a priority rather than that same old "I guess my friends aren't here, but I'll just help these people while they're in danger".

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Meh, I enjoyed every game to some extent. I wouldn't discount any of them.

I especially wouldn't discount them when it comes to the story, because that would just make things harder. -_-

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
All of them count story wise, but I personally discount Days and BBS (didn't like some of the explanations for things).

Because, every game answers questionsed by the previous one, but each answer brings two more questions. But don't worry, by the time the series comes to a close, everything will be explained.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I wouldn't "count out" any game because even if they sucked they're still there and in continuity. It's like pretending that salad doesn't exist because I don't like veggies.

Days still sucks though. and I haven't played re:coded but I don't want to go through KH1's worlds again so eff that.

also lol Kotaku

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I wouldn't "count out" any game because even if they sucked they're still there.

Days still sucks though. and I haven't played re:coded but I don't want to go through KH1's worlds again so eff that.

No games truly "suck", it is a matter of opinion. In you're opinion, it isn't any good. That's fine, but don't say that it sucks, because there are still plenty of others tha like it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
No games truly "suck", it is a matter of opinion. In you're opinion, it isn't any good. That's fine, but don't say that it sucks, because there are still plenty of others tha like it.

Obviously it's my opinion, otherwise why else would I have said it?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Days on the other hand....

A%20stick.png

If that's not enough to make a game awesome, then I don't know what does.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The only good thing in Days was the dialogue and character interaction wasn't too bad. Some of the ice cream scenes had good stuff.

That's about it. Otherwise, there is no appeal whatsoever. Going through the KH2 worlds AGAIN? nothnx.

theboywonder

Plus, the combat sucked.

Re:coded had rehashed worlds, too, but at least it was still fun.

blueheart

Bronze Member
As much as I would like to not count a couple of the games, they still count, at least a little.

Watching Recoded gameplay videos, I could tell I would have smashed the game to a crumple if I had bought it, but I can see why people would like it. But it could have not existed at all. It added really nothing plot wise. That secret ending could have been a cutscene in another game.

Days though......I guess it was sort of needed to answer some questions about the characters, but they really just messed it up. It had potential, but they went about the story and gameplay the wrong way. imo

But again, you can't really just "not count" games that you didn't like in the series.
You just say "I like *series*, except *something within series that you didn't like*.

But as a whole, you should know\figure out if you like the series or not, despite some unpleasant parts of it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Days though......I guess it was sort of needed to answer some questions about the characters, but they really just messed it up. It had potential, but they went about the story and gameplay the wrong way. imo

What questions did we really need answered though?

theboywonder

It had no reason to even exist. All the stuff that wasn't shown in the other games got retconned, so why did they even make it look like it was important to the story? Coded wasn't important either, but you could tell that by the boxart.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I didn't find the DS KH to be bad. The games do kill time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
LMAO, this guy is stupid.
Why? I actually agree.

If BBS was on the DS then:
  • Lack of cutscenes
  • poor graphics
  • world count is lower
  • lack of abilities
  • no shotlocks
  • Story would have been severely cut down and would have been lame.
  • Gameplay would be different which mean the games "Best gameplay mechanics" wouldn't be around.
  • Repetitive worlds and story(more than BBS actually had)
    And a lot lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back