• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kotaku Speak-up: Should the Kingdom Hearts Games That Suck Still Count?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
About Speak-up:
Our readers have a lot to say, and sometimes what they have to say has nothing to do with the stories we run. That's why we have a forum on Kotaku called Speak Up. That's the place to post anecdotes, photos, game tips and hints, and anything you want to share with Kotaku at large. Every weekday we'll pull one of the best Speak Up posts we can find and highlight it here.

Anyways, todays Speak-Up conversation is the topic of this post. I figured it would be nice to post it here in case some of you wanted to get in the conversation which I think is completely stupid. The fact that it is phrased as "Kingdom Hearts Games That Suck" is completely biased in the first place.

Here is a link if you want to, I just figured some of you might want to argue your point of view:

Should the Kingdom Hearts Games That Suck Still Count?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i mean he makes a point coded did suck ass. though i didnt mind playing though days the story was bad when it turned out Xion was a he/she puppet of sora....

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Please, if anything Re:Coded is probably one of the best KH Games. I love Days and KH2, but it was much better than both of them even with the rehashed worlds. None of the KH Games have actually "sucked", they're good as actual games. It's just sometimes they're not what they could have been/were expected to be.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Please, if anything Re:Coded is probably one of the best KH Games. I love Days and KH2, but it was much better than both of them even with the rehashed worlds. None of the KH Games have actually "sucked", they're good as actual games. It's just sometimes they're not what they could have been/were expected to be.
Eeh really?
i know saying it sucked ass was kinda harsh but it wasnt the best imo no by a long shot....

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Eeh really?
i know saying it sucked ass was kinda harsh but it wasnt the best imo no by a long shot....

Gameplay and character development is enough in my department. KH2 lacked this, Days lacked a bit here and there. It's not as great as BbS, Re:CoM or KH1, but it's still better in those aspects than KH2 and Days. Hence, better.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Kotaku users are pretty terrible.

And i loved RE:coded for the reasons Billy said.

And I don't like Kotaku.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
You can't really "count out" any KH game, even though I would would love to count out Days, because their all important to the plot Xion will be returning and saying what KH game sucks is pretty subjective there are people who think KH1 sucked as well as BBS. Chanced are there will be people who think KH3D sucks too.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yeah, I prefer every game in the series to BBS, but that doesn't mean it's not important.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
:/

Even though Days wasn't my favorite, I didn't think it sucked. It was actually fun to play. I didn't play Re: coded but I watched it on youtube and it looks okay.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Which games suck and which games don't is completely subjective in the first place. Re:Coded was also one of games I've had the most fun playing on the DS. :/

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I don't mind spin-off games as long as they make sense. I think all stories, no matter the media, should develop plot that builds depth and concrete information to the story. Re:Coded and 358/2 Days both were "spin-offs" but tied to the main games linking all sorts of underlying messages and a few twists.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
People need to realize that just because you dislike a game does not mean it's terrible.

Days and RE:coded have got nothing on truely bad games like Daikatana.

CA59

Birth By Sleep, however, had a tremendous story, graphics where amazing, and the gameplay was just awesome (only because it was on the PSP, if it were made for the DS I'm sure my opinion would be different).

LMAO, this guy is stupid.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm suprised this isn't something from IGNorant. I honestly am.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Kotaku has a knack for posting...expressive articles from time to time.

The only KH game I really didn't like was Days. Didn't care for it because the gameplay was just awful. Coded lacked story-wise, but at least the gameplay was fun enough to keep you playing. I think the mistake of Days was the focus on letting people play as every single Organization XIII member.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the mistake of Days was the focus on letting people play as every single Organization XIII member.

I thought it was actually one of its saving graces.

Actually, it's the reason I've kept it. It would have been chucked to the nearest trash bin otherwise. Maybe. I at least want some sort of refund.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I thought it was actually one of its saving graces.

Actually, it's the reason I've kept it. It would have been chucked to the nearest trash bin otherwise.

I mean the fact that they focused on that instead of just Roxas' combat system it came out repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back