• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Konami ignored the 20th anniversary for Silent Hill!

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

I miss the series. This is very disappointing...

Seriously: I have not seen Konami acknowledge this series respectfully in many a year. Besides slot-machines, of course, you wonder if they want to revive this franchise. Nobody cares about gambling machines when they cancelled a real game.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, I was coming in here to say because it isn't a slot machine lol. That's all Konami themselves care about anymore.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Fuc k Konami. What were you expecting?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I miss Silent Hill, to this day it's still my favorite horror series. I even really enjoyed Homecoming and Downpour despite the flak they received (nothing is as good as 2 though). Konami really sucks.

D

Deleted member 32967

I played through 3 back in 2017 and it's still a great looking game. I honestly care more about older games than I do with newer ones, because I don't really find many new games are that creepy. The closest we can get to that now is with games such as The Evil Within, which is underrated. I'm surprised that game doesn't have as much appeal as Resident Evil. It's like nobody cares about Shinji Mikami anymore.

Capcom is really just trying to take all the glory for something he began all those years ago. It was stupid of Capcom to sell out and go the way of third person shooters. But that's due to horror not always being a money making genre. It's arguably kind of niche. Sad, but true...

Scorseselover

I think it’s fair to say Konami has turned themselves into a gambling company and just shifted away from making games for consoles.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Konami is still gonna make games for consoles, but they’re shifting their priorities around. As much as I loathe Konami for their decisions and what they choose to do, I feel like I’m in the minority when I say I’d like to see them get back on their feet. They’re home to too many IPs that I just don’t want to see under utilized.

And besides, having the 20th anniversary being very close to the cancellation of Silent Hills as well as all the negative press surrounding them would seem kinda iffy. Especially if they choose to crap something out for said anniversary.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Konami is still gonna make games for consoles, but they’re shifting their priorities around. As much as I loathe Konami for their decisions and what they choose to do, I feel like I’m in the minority when I say I’d like to see them get back on their feet. They’re home to too many IPs that I just don’t want to see under utilized.

And besides, having the 20th anniversary being very close to the cancellation of Silent Hills as well as all the negative press surrounding them would seem kinda iffy. Especially if they choose to crap something out for said anniversary.

Don't they still license Yu-Gi-Oh! in the US, which includes games and cards? I'd say they're still pretty relevant, just wish they'd make more modern video games again.

Back