• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kojima Productions is no more? Kojima to leave Konami?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, Yeah...April Fools.

You do know that the start of a fiscal year for many companies is April 1st? Financial things that involve shareholders are never an April Fools joke.

This is actually very real.

(To give it context, any company restructuring is done before March 31st in order for these changes to go into effect April 1st; a good example of this is when SquareSoft merged with Enix on April 1st)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Exactly. And the entire point of April Fools is, well, that it actually takes place on April 1st.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Seriously, I honestly don't understand why any one would think it's a joke.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Because Kojima has successfully turned a lot of his fans into crackpot conspiracy theorists.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Seriously, I honestly don't understand why any one would think it's a joke.

Seeing how many times the web has used April 1st as a joke has been redundant but in this case understanding from you guys have been informing me its really a sad day. I believe Kojima has really made note that he wants to be done with MGS in the past from what I have been told.

Speaking to IGN, a Konami representative said: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/19/kojima-reportedly-leaves-konami-konami-responds

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Pretty much all mention of Hideo Kojima has been removed from Metal Gear Solid V promotional stuff, like the websites. This could REALLY suck. I'm hoping that this doesn't impact the quality of Phantom Pain.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'd like to see what Kojima can do that isn't Metal Gear. I have serious doubts this will effect MGSV but what about Silent Hills?

Sdog

Awards
This is definitely a shell shock in the industry if this is true, which it more than likely is. I'm hoping MGSV gets to finish in his vision and has a good wrap up for the franchise, because frankly it should take a rest.

As for Silent Hills, while we don't know it's state of production, it will definitely take a hinder. I'm assuming if Kojima has to bow out I don't see why Guillermo would stick seeing they seem to be close on it. Which is a shame, cause while I'm not big on horror properties, I am stoked for the game.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
As long as this doesn't affect MGSV or Silent Hills, I say go for it. Maybe Sony could pick him up in their SCE Japan studio or something

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Please still make Silent Hills, Kojima. ;~;

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
"Please look forward to future announcements"

wwwwwwww

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I get it, they own the IP but this is so disrespectful. First they removed all traces of Kojima and Kojima Productions from all of the websites and even press releases, now they've already announced that they're going to make a new game without him. This seems really personal. They must feel like Kojima betrayed them somehow for this to make any sense.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I get it, they own the IP but this is so disrespectful. First they removed all traces of Kojima and Kojima Productions from all of the websites and even press releases, now they've already announced that they're going to make a new game without him. This seems really personal. They must feel like Kojima betrayed them somehow for this to make any sense.

I just saw that on the first page of the MANY pages of posts on the link provided before your post.

I don't know what to think, to be honest. I just hope that the Phantom Pain gives a nice closure to the Naked Snake Saga and the Metal Gear/Solid series as we know it, seeing as how Konami will obviously make a fresh start with a reboot with characters that might, or might not, be named after the original ones.
And I hope NEW! MGS (xDD), when it hits, is liked by fans.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think the fact that they're kicking Kojima while he's already down is what's so disgusting. Had they parted on friendlier terms I'm sure there would have been another MGS game down the lane, but it wouldn't feel like they were trying to spit in his face. Imagine if Square Enix and Tetsuya Nomura had a falling out and he left, only to have them announce that they were going to work on a new Kingdom Hearts game right away (probably directed by Toriyama lol).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/Notification-Regarding-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-THE-PHANTOM-PAIN

NOTIFICATION REGARDING "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN"
Thank you for your continued patronage of KONAMI products and services.

The latest title in the METAL GEAR series, "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN" (below, "MGSV: TPP"), will be released as planned starting on Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 in North America, Latin America, and Europe, followed by Japan and Asia on Wednesday, September 2nd. Hideo Kojima will remain involved throughout.

Hideo Kojima Stated: I want to reassure fans that I am 100% involved and will continue working on METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN; I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date. Don’t miss it!

In addition, KONAMI will continue to develop and distribute top-quality content in the METAL GEAR series following "MGSV: TPP." We greatly anticipate and deeply appreciate your ongoing support for METAL GEAR.

As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop new "METAL GEAR".

We will be conducting interviews for main staff to lead the development.

Kinda makes me sick. And fuck me, this is probably gonna ruin Silent Hills now. I was counting on that game to get me into the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back