• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kojima Productions - Death Stranding feat. Norman Reedus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really want the bridge baby CE but I don’t have space nor do I intend on making space for it, so I’ll just get the steelbook edition. Unless they make a Mads edition. I’ll make room for Mads.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Well it looks like the Collector's Editions are all sold out already unfortunately. My buddy managed to get one from bestbuy, I missed 'em. Hoping more will be made available.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Oh, cool. I was expecting this game to come 2020. I'm glad I was surprised like Recon.

Also, not gonna watch the trailer. Gonna stay "virgin" haha

D

Deleted member 246005

Launch trailer.

#1moreweek.

I'm off to preorder it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Good reviews so far. Tbh I’m going to wait until it becomes discounted.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm bummed because I bought my baby-in-a-jar edition off of Ebay, so they won't ship mine until launch day :/

D

Deleted member 246005

I bought the game and I liked it.

However, it's a slow burn/acquired taste so it's probably not for everyone.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I really like the player connections and how the roads are built. It’s a unique system, but also reminiscent to how Mother Base worked in MGSV.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I really like the player connections and how the roads are built. It’s a unique system, but also reminiscent to how Mother Base worked in MGSV.
Clear evidence that Kojima has been wanting to work on stuff not-MGS for quite some time now. Glad to see he finally fulfilled his artistic goal.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Clear evidence that Kojima has been wanting to work on stuff not-MGS for quite some time now. Glad to see he finally fulfilled his artistic goal.
To me, it looks like he just took used and unused ideas from MGSV and implemented them into this game. I’m sure he is happy to move on though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To me, it looks like he just took used and unused ideas from MGSV and implemented them into this game. I’m sure he is happy to move on though.
Kojima has been wanting to work on something not MGS since the very first MGS. The series was never meant to exist, which is why the original game has two endings: Meryl or Otacon. Even the premises of MGS2 were different: someone sighted Liquid in the Middle East, which ended up being MGS4's first chapter, and then we got what we got in MGS2.

That said, a lot of the ideas he implemented in the MGS saga must have been things he wanted to explore outside of it and then decided to reuse them in Death Stranding. It wouldn't surprise that, if he makes a sequel, DS2 will have a Mother Base kind of system, which I think would affect more the overworld.

D

Deleted member 246005

An explanation of Death's stranding in-universe terms and concepts.

Minor spoilers ahead.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
More than ten hours into the game. I literally spent eight hours doing "Standard Orders" from each center (sidequests) and maxed three of 'em to get three stars on my pants~

Even though the game isn't very action-y and the combat is basic, the game is good, almost great, but not as spectacular as the hype the fandom made it have. It's certainly a thing of its own.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Ah Norman Reedus and the Funky Fetus. Picked up the game at launch but haven't gotten a chance to finish it yet though. It's certainly one of those love or hate kind of games. If you love exploration and a more cinematic game ( I mean, it's Kojima, the man loooooves his cutscenes), then this one is right up your alley. Otherwise, probably would skip it or wait for the price to fall if you're not really interested in such a game.

Kojima did an excellent job with the visuals from the landscaping to the character scanning/animations. The characters are really charming and interesting in their own personal way. I especially love Deadman and all his adorkable awkwardness lol. Gameplay wise, didn't really have any issues here since it had the feel of a Metal Gear Solid game. Had a few derp moments on the whole balance of the cargo weight and fluctuations in the terrain though lol. It's sad we're not going to get Kojima's Silent Hills because I think he would've nailed the whole psychological horror. But as a substitute, this is still a great experience.

OneDandelion

Awards
Why do you say it is a "very bad game", if you don't mind sharing?

Also, is there already a "Strand" genre, or was DS the first game to introduce the genre?
It was a joke based on this tweet:

1579133978753.png

I don't think its a good game because its not really a game, quicktime events or walking from cutscene to cutscene just makes it an interactive movie in my opinion. If you're into that sort of thing, as I know a lot of people are, then I'm sure you enjoyed it though. Admittedly, I would not come to me for opinions on games like this or the newer tomb raider games, etc.

Back