• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kojima Productions - Death Stranding feat. Norman Reedus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m not convinced. People were hoping for 2019, but it’s definitely looking closer to 2020. I’m still interested, but I’m still confused haha. In Kojima we trust though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They started Japanese VO now? I’d figured they would do that first. Probably has something to do with the Mo-cap actors.
Isn't it a Kojima thing to do to first do English stuff?
I’m not convinced. People were hoping for 2019, but it’s definitely looking closer to 2020. I’m still interested, but I’m still confused haha. In Kojima we trust though.
I mean, isn't voice-acting one of the last things to do?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
MGS2 was always going to be about Raiden. There's not only a lot of subtext, but a lot of meta narrative to it as well. It was supposed to be Kojima's last MGS game. Snake was passing the torch to Raiden, as Kojima was passing the torch to his team. The entire way the game is set up with the Tanker visually representing everything people expected from a traditional sequel featuring Snake, and then the Plant being completely different on a surface level but literally going through a checklist of the events of the previous game using it as blueprint for the successor which is also woven into the story. The message that anyone can do what Snake/Kojima did with the right training and under the right circumstances, including how the player is Snake regardless because you, much like Raiden who is also your new avatar, beat Shadow Moses in VR (just like you did). I'm just scratching the surface here, but you get the point.

Kojima kept everything about Raiden hidden from the public. He wasn't shown in any trailer or demo. Kojima also specifically instructed the gaming media to not mention him, and they obliged. He's not on the box art either. It'd be hard to pull off something like this today.

This is really late but I want to correct you on one thing, Raiden was shown Briefly in the lead up to mgs2. He was seen swimming in his scuba gear, (his face was covered so most thought it was either snake or an enemy.) and he was shown in the last shot of the last trailer fighting alongside snake. However most thought he was just a supporting character. Sorry for rambling.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm always glad to see these little updates, and it's awesome the great relationship Kojima has with GG

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I wonder if those first two hours was a long ass cutscene xD

Also, praise thy Troy.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Death Stranding Trademarks Hint at Multiplayer Gameplay

There is new evidence that Kojima and the development team at Kojima Productions are preparing to unveil the game’s multiplayer – or at least that the studio is making good progress on it. It has been revealed that earlier this month, Kojima Productions filed two trademarks for the terms “social strand system”, and “strand game”. This has led fans to believe that the online multiplayer will somehow be woven into the game rather than there being a separate feature that they can access from the main menu.

Interesting. This sounds like what Kojima wanted to accomplish with the disarment in MGSV, but on steroids.

---

Edit:

Funny coincidence that I posted a bit of curious info yesterday, and today we get this:

Death Stranding Is ‘Slightly Behind’ The Schedule Hideo Kojima Had For It

Hideo Kojima has spoken out about the progress of Death Stranding. In an interview with J-Wave, the interview brought up how fans were waiting for a release date and asked how production was coming along. In response, he said, “Many studios lag behind their planned release date, and Death Stranding is slightly behind our initial plan, but it is not too far behind.”

I mean, Japanese voice-acting recording began on January of this year, so it's possible that Kojima considers that it's behind schedule, but not as much as to warrant any sort of change. I feel like this game's release date will depend on when FF7's will be.

---

Edit, 2:

Thanks to a GameFAQs user that found an interview in Japanese:

https://www.j-wave.co.jp/blog/news/2019/03/32-death-stranding.html

It seems the game is a bit lagged behind schedule due to its open-world nature requiring more quality assurance revisions.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
From what I could gather from Resetera's VERY dedicated following of the game and the devs' and VA's twitter account, it's possible the game will be released mid, late 2020. I think the game might just be ready, but the bug testing will be on its way, which may take a year, given the God of War example they gave.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
From what I could gather from Resetera's VERY dedicated following of the game and the devs' and VA's twitter account, it's possible the game will be released mid, late 2020. I think the game might just be ready, but the bug testing will be on its way, which may take a year, given the God of War example they gave.

In that case, this game should have been saved for the PlayStation 5. I would have forgiven it if it was early 2020, but why release this sort of first party blockbuster game in the end of the PlayStation 4 lifespan?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In that case, this game should have been saved for the PlayStation 5. I would have forgiven it if it was early 2020, but why release this sort of first party blockbuster game in the end of the PlayStation 4 lifespan?
Or why not double-dip and release two versions?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hideo Kojima Could Be Teasing A New Death Stranding Trailer

D5Yt7qPUUAEelvl_thumb.jpg

In Siliconera's comments section, a person noted that Kojima is using Adope Premiere, confirming he's workin' on a trailer.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/30/hideo-kojima-could-be-teasing-a-new-death-stranding-trailer/

Also, dibs on the Kojima figurine:

D5YJ9OeUYAAGDfg.jpg

Recon

Art of War
Awards

November 8, 2019

Incredible trailer. Reveals much much more than what we know. We're going to the moon

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Kojima: Did you like it?

Also, the pre-order stuff looks ok. They're just gold in-game items for characters.

I'm not convinced. People were hoping for 2019, but it's definitely looking closer to 2020.

Oops. Definitely wrong. I'm surprised it's coming out this year despite all the rumors.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Kojima: Did you like it?

Also, the pre-order stuff looks ok. They're just gold in-game items for characters.

Oops. Definitely wrong. I'm surprised it's coming out this year despite all the rumors.

I'm getting the Baby-in-a-Jar Edition.

Back