• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Know any good video editing programs that work for WIndows 98?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Ok, so here's the deal. I run on windows 98 with a 450MHz processor. Now, this is no good for Windows Movie Maker, so I ask...are there any good alternatives that could work on a computer as obsolete as mine? I mostly want to use it for purposes like AMV's and KH parodies, etc. Any help is appreciated! =D

~Mega

T

The Marauder

I hate to say it, but you won't be doing any video editing on a box like that. :/ You can look all you like, but the sad truth is that there is no concievable way to run any sort of video editng program on that. Small upgrades won't help a setup like that either. If you want to do that type of work, I'm sorry to day that you'll have to get a new system entirely. It seems that this is just a side-hobby, however, so it probably is not worth it to you. :)

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Ok, so here's the deal. I run on windows 98 with a 450MHz processor. Now, this is no good for Windows Movie Maker, so I ask...are there any good alternatives that could work on a computer as obsolete as mine? I mostly want to use it for purposes like AMV's and KH parodies, etc. Any help is appreciated! =D

~Mega

Sad to say, but he's right. Your if you can't run WMM on the machine, your chances of running other video software.. are about 0%^2 * Infinity.

Your biggest limitation is the cpu. 450MHz is just barely enough, if you wanted say, a dedicated linux file/web/firewall server.. That's about all it's good for. If it was about 600-800, you could possibly use WMM.. but you still wouldn't be able to commercial software.

And you probably wouldn't have the ram to run both Windows and edit videos at the same time.

I use Adobe Premiere 2.0, NeroVision Express3, and other programs.

~~Azurith

.:Mega:.

Awards
Hmm, well, how much do you think it would cost to upgrade the processor? If I could figure out decent pricing, I could probably just upgrade it to XP or something. Mabe I could get more ram too~

~Mega

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Hmm, well, how much do you think it would cost to upgrade the processor? If I could figure out decent pricing, I could probably just upgrade it to XP or something. Mabe I could get more ram too~

~Mega

I don't know what motherboard you have, what kind of chip you have, etc.. or if you got the machine as a retail, a model number and manufacturer and date would suffice.

I know 0% of anything about your machine other than it's 450Mhz. You haven't given any information, and without such information, we can't really do anything.

We aren't psychics...

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back