• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Knocking or Locking?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which side are you on?

• Knocking

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Locking

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Every now and then, I have an argument with my siblings about knocking on a bathroom/bedroom door instead of bursting right in. Since sometimes a person isn't decent and it's good manners to knock first before trying for the doorknob. Whereas, they tell me I should lock my door, if I want it to stop because, that's how their generation works these days. Except I refuse to, because I think knocking is more polite under any circumstances. Therefore, I'd like the members on KHI to tell me what they think. :D And feel free to share stories or anything like that at all too.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Depends.
As for a bathroom, I'd say lock it. I like to keep my bathroom door shut cause I like it warm in there. And I wouldn't wanna knock on a door when probably no one is in there.
As for a personal / bedroom, nooo. Even if it's not completely closed, you should always knock first. It's called "being polite" :c

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
People just barge into a bathroom that has the door closed?

Do they not know what bathrooms are used for?

Yes! Even if the light is on and know somebody is inside it they presume it's okay to open the door! Their excuse is it should be locked! lol.

I'm sure they do, but they don't think knocking is applied to them.

Lock the door and continue to demand that they knock.

^ lol. I would do that, but I doubt it'd work.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I always lock my doors. Because even people who knock usually don't have the common sense to wait for you to say "Come in," they just walk in as soon as they've knocked for 2 seconds.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Lock the door, demand they knock anyway and tell them not to be disrespectful little hobknockers.

Pandymint

Awards
Seperate bathrooms means no need to lock. When no ones using it, shut the light off and leave the door open.

As for bedroom doors I leave mine open during the day and shut it while I sleep. (funnily enough I would leave it open as a kid)

I prefer for someone to at least knock first, but I never lock my bedroom door. I lock the bathroom door if I'm not in my own, house though.

Anagram

Banned
Definitely knocking. ALWAYS knocking. I'll never accept anything else on that debate myself. I go as far as to lock the bathroom door myself to ensure people knock.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
When you're in a public restroom. You obviously have to lock the room that you're using. When it comes to the restroom, I'd recommend to lock it. I usually do because they barge into the restroom as well. My bedroom door needs a renovation because it won't close. The bedroom I wouldn't lock it and people should knock either way. If you're having some alone time then you'll have to use the lock for caution. And as I already stated; restrooms are a must. For guys its a bit different if you know what I mean. We just take it out and finish our business quickly.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
whenever they use the bathroom

just open the door without knocking like WHOOPS MY BAD

make it routine until something clicks in their head

but if you believe they're rubbing one out avoid the trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back