• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Knit two, purl one. Aw forget it! Pass me the crochet hook! Cat and yarn...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

xiaojen7

I love your work! The lemon in the first post made me giggle. Do you ever sell your work or you just like do it for fun?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
OOps, it's been a while. But I've tried, but unfortunately I use other people's patterns a lot. No go on selling; so I mostly do it for fun and for making stuff we need.

For example, here's something I tried to sell. Yes, that's commercial socks; I crocheted some lace on them.

vqZcFNW.jpg

Here's a sad one. I was knitting my mom a pair of mittens b/c she had to drive a car with no heater. (She died btw, that's why it's sad.) Oh and no dirty jokes about what's sticking out. THAT IS A THUMB..
mQTYvI7.jpg

This was from when my nieces were even younger. Mittens, again.
tUsvSqL.jpg

Purse I made for the older niece one day out of some of my stash:
dQl9TDH.jpg

This was a sock attempt. I want to be able to make socks since my sis needs..special socks. (Think diabetic socks). I'll try again later.
mkKoJGs.jpg

It may take me a bits to restore all the old pics, but I will. Oh and I'm thinking about making a potholder or two with wayfinders on them (we always need potholders)...I try to be subtle in real life about my fandoms, but I figure anyone who doesn't play KH wouldn't recognize that as any thing more than a pretty design..

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
OOps, it's been a while. But I've tried, but unfortunately I use other people's patterns a lot. No go on selling; so I mostly do it for fun and for making stuff we need.

For example, here's something I tried to sell. Yes, that's commercial socks; I crocheted some lace on them.

vqZcFNW.jpg

Here's a sad one. I was knitting my mom a pair of mittens b/c she had to drive a car with no heater. (She died btw, that's why it's sad.) Oh and no dirty jokes about what's sticking out. THAT IS A THUMB..
mQTYvI7.jpg

This was from when my nieces were even younger. Mittens, again.
tUsvSqL.jpg

Purse I made for the older niece one day out of some of my stash:
dQl9TDH.jpg

This was a sock attempt. I want to be able to make socks since my sis needs..special socks. (Think diabetic socks). I'll try again later.
mkKoJGs.jpg

It may take me a bits to restore all the old pics, but I will. Oh and I'm thinking about making a potholder or two with wayfinders on them (we always need potholders)...I try to be subtle in real life about my fandoms, but I figure anyone who doesn't play KH wouldn't recognize that as any thing more than a pretty design..
I wonder how much attention a keyblade made from fabric would garner. It might work as well as a sheath, but generally might be expensive and a waste of time since there might not be a big enough demand for it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks Dusk! I recently made another baby sweater for our visiting teacher, Sister Miller (She's having a baby in a month and they were throwing a shower!); since I didn't take a pic beforehand, let me link a screen from a vid where the lady got it. I used butterfly buttons this time (I may not like the sister I live with much, but since she sews, she has QUITE the button stash!) Said video is in a closed group on Facebook so not sure if I can post it here. (I'll see if I can find a "victim" on Discord to check to see if I can. If I can, I'll post the link to the post.)
fZ9rGFn.jpg

Also here's a scrubby I made for my well..mother in law for Christmas. Gave it to her with some homemade foot soap I got off Etsy.(I think that's the best way to explain it.)
RRfdqfX.jpg

And yeah, knitting can be slow; that latest sweater took me a week! I just don't do stuff to wear too often b/c it's hot and humid here in the summer, so this time of year I don't do much unless we need hot pads or dishcloths. Oh and right now the weather's been nuts: warm then cold then cold again, so I wanted to make sure Sister Miller's baby was going to be warm when she took it home from the hospital. (She's due in a month..)

Last edited:
Awards
Awwwwwww!!!! These are adorable!! And I totally get you on the weather issue! It's pretty crazy here too! One day it was 70, next it's 40, then back up to 80. I wish it would just make up its mind!!!!

Oh yeah! Here's the heartless I crocheted. I named him Chester after the comic dub "Demyx's Pet" by pokemonnarutofan10. :)
4353a74429bd7b02b913a9e7def18359.jpg
open
view

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Awwwwwww!!!! These are adorable!! And I totally get you on the weather issue! It's pretty crazy here too! One day it was 70, next it's 40, then back up to 80. I wish it would just make up its mind!!!!

Oh yeah! Here's the heartless I crocheted. I named him Chester after the comic dub "Demyx's Pet" by pokemonnarutofan10. :)
4353a74429bd7b02b913a9e7def18359.jpg
open
view
That's so cute! Were you able to finish your Wayfinder project by the way?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hey, so I don't crochet or anything, but holy crap you guys are so talented! Like, seriously, if you sold that heartless thing Dusk I'd buy like four haha.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Dreaded; I sorta do but b/c selling stuff didn't work out it's not really active. Tho yeah grono; I'd prolly gladly do a scarf or hat for someone, it all depends on the pattern! The problem is making sure the writer of the pattern doesn't mind people making stuff to sell. ^^

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Dreaded; I sorta do but b/c selling stuff didn't work out it's not really active. Tho yeah grono; I'd prolly gladly do a scarf or hat for someone, it all depends on the pattern! The problem is making sure the writer of the pattern doesn't mind people making stuff to sell. ^^
Okay, thanks for responding. I hope your business lifts off.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thread revival!

There's a couple I proly won't post, but I recently made two scarves and a tiny alicorn (The alicorn's for Penny, the younger of my two nieces) for Christmas presents. I'll post up the tiny alicorn when I get back from my walk, and I promise I'll post up the scarves AFTER Christmas so I can be sure I won't get caught by my youngest brother and my sister in law! (Sorry, paranoid there and I want this to be a surprise! Since the kids are not on social media, I think it's safe to post the toys up.)

I'm also planning on making a llama for Evee; unfortunately for Little Jon, I can't find good free patterns worth a crap for pokemon and he likes pokemon, especially Squirtle. (I usually don't pay for patterns.) Gonna end up buying one instead.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay. Sis had me running around a bits so this took me a while to post up. Here's Penny's tiny alicorn! The pattern's from Ahookamigurumi.

XIIxkvT.jpg

EMLdVeJ.jpg

Turned out really cute and I hope she likes it! I'll post up the llama for a Evee once I'm done with it. Need to get some more yarn and some bigger safety eyes, I thinks. ^^

Also do I think I need to tell everyone here to keep quiet? I don't think so lol. Surprises, you know. But commenting here's fine. Just don't spread this around plzkthks. I know no one here knows my nieces and nephew so I feel safe about this here.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay, here we go again. SHH! This don't leave this place since this is for Eviee. Oh, and this ain't no drama llama:

bQruMx9.jpg

kKKKWfy.jpg

I also found a decent Squirtle pattern (nice!) so making that next for Little Jon. Then I'm making a pair of mittens for Shadowneko, then I'm free of this for now. ^^

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay one more thing before Christmas; this is more of a plea.

Is anyone here good at Photoshop? I'd like to get a pic of some wayfinders/moogle for embroidery for a case for some computer tools. I've been having the feeling that I'm going to need to "DUCK!" pretty soon, and this is one way I can prepare tho I'm not going to get serious until after Christmas.

I'll see if there's a way to check the disks I have and look into tools so I can rip the required files myself, but I admit it; I'm going to need some help! Please let me know so I can make this a reality. ^^

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. No need to hide stuff anymore!

TfdOm16.jpg
-- A scarf for Jared. Little Jon's with him.

A8F5kD0.jpg
-- Scarf for Joanna. The kid there is Eviee.

KGH2yCF.jpg
-- A pair of mittens for Shadowneko. He's been complaining about cold hands!

BTW, Jared's scarf is the first striped one I've ever done and I think it turned out great.

Back