• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Knit two, purl one. Aw forget it! Pass me the crochet hook! Cat and yarn...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I was trying to ask, but people AFK..Sorry if this is in teh wrong forum!

I don't know if people know this, but I do crochet and knit now and then. Not always mm..fan art in 3 dimensions (tho I HAVE made a moogle, I'll find that bad cell phone pic in my Photobucket if you guys are curious), but I do make things. Give me some knitting needles and yarn, or a crochet hook and some yarn, and I can proly make something cute.

This evening, I was glaring down a big problem!! My sister in law had gotten me this stress ball for Christmas:
pwZcbSU.jpg

I liked the stress ball, no bueno on the cover ripping up. Not to mention it made me mad to see something like that rip up so fast. So I checked pattern sites, found a cute pattern that might work to make a new cover for it. Turned out great:
xFBs9Xr.jpg

Ha, made it into a lemon XD. Cute though and hopefully it'll last me a few more years!

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Since I got more time now, let me put up the rest of my yarn-y exploits.
6iUlpCU.jpg

This was the beginning of a light cancer cap for my baby sister (she had ovarian cancer) -- It turned out great btw.
nQBpIy2.jpg

Cat ears I made for a silly hat contest.
OIdUzQN.jpg

Selfie with the cat ears.

giq0DKa.jpg

Hat and mittens I made for my nephew.

hs58YSR.jpg

Baby booties I made for a friend's baby.

eRIMMIf.jpg

Baby sweater I think I either made for one of my nieces or my nephew.
O2tNCcS.jpg

Another baby sweater, this def for the nephew.
ONlo3Ze.jpg

Mittens and scarves I made for my nieces.
EDwtuPL.jpg

Dishcloth.
G9zUqh5.jpg

That moogle I mentioned. Hadn't added the wings yet, if I try that again I'm wiring them instead of using glue-stuff.

Scarf I still use!

I'll put up more later.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I can't help to admire all of the things you've knitted, maryadavies. I can't knit anything more than a scarf! It seems like you've had loads of practice! I really like the lemon the most, because it looks just like one! The cat ears are quite fitting for you and amusing to say the least, because I know you like to play as cat girl. xD The baby sweater and dish cloth are also fantastic too. Seriously, I'm impressed with all of the things you made. And the moogle. Oh the moogle. <3 It's so precious! I hope you add the wings for it soon. <3

I hope it's not too weird for me to ask you this: Have you ever consider making a business on Etsy? You're really good at knitting, so I imagine you could get quite a few customers.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I mentioned this on IRC, but I have tried Etsy; the problem is I use some patterns from Ralvary that people actually ask you not to make for anything but personal use. And to make yourself stand out, you need to have some unique stuff, which I don't. ^^

Also the moogle did get wings, I sold it to a friend after I stitched them on and stiffened them with a glue-stiffener. (They were felt.) If I ever make another one, I mean to wire the wings instead.

Also if things get better (And I think people could get behind this) I mean to make chemo caps for the cancer centers in my area in my mom's honor. I do have a thing about cancer, since I've had two people in my immediate family with ovarian cancer. (Mom died of it; well the complications. Still unhappy about that)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Sorry about bumping this after so long. But we seem to have a Monster That Eats Dishrags (tm) in the linen closet. AKA; we got a case of disappearing dishcloths.

Yesterday after I donated plasma, I went over to Hobby Lobby and got me a cone of cotton yarn 40% off with a coupon. (They always seem to have good coupons) and started knitting dishcloths.

Pardon the mess on these photos; I am NOT a neat person and I need to pick up my room a bit once I'm not chasing my tail round and round.

P8310010.jpg

The cone of yarn..

xKn4PRo.jpg
Finished dishcloth.

Would you believe that I knit dishcloths more than anything? Now if that monster that eats dishcloths..or whatever is causing the dishcloths to disappear..goes away, I won't have to buy a cone of yarn every year or two :/

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Sorry about bumping this after so long. But we seem to have a Monster That Eats Dishrags (tm) in the linen closet. AKA; we got a case of disappearing dishcloths.

Yesterday after I donated plasma, I went over to Hobby Lobby and got me a cone of cotton yarn 40% off with a coupon. (They always seem to have good coupons) and started knitting dishcloths.

Pardon the mess on these photos; I am NOT a neat person and I need to pick up my room a bit once I'm not chasing my tail round and round.

P8310010.jpg

The cone of yarn..

P8310011.jpg

Finished dishcloth.

Would you believe that I knit dishcloths more than anything? Now if that monster that eats dishcloths..or whatever is causing the dishcloths to disappear..goes away, I won't have to buy a cone of yarn every year or two :/

Are you thinking about knitting a dish cloth or an oven mitt with a Paopu Fruit on it? It's just a thought.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Hmm, Dreaded! I'll think about doing a hot pad/oven mitt later on with a papou fruit on it once I finish fixing our immediate problem (okay, who stole the dishcloths?), I'll check my yarn stash. :3

The trouble with doing it on a dishcloth is 1. Dishcloths are textured on purpose (hard to do a pattern on that) and 2. I find they last longer made from 100% cotton yarn, so I usually make them from that. Well, when they don't keep vanishing! I mostly have acryllic in the stash, and I wouldn't make a dishcloth out of that. And I usually use multicolored yarn for dishcloths just because I like how that comes out a lot of the time. ^^

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Hmm, Dreaded! I'll think about doing a hot pad/oven mitt later on with that on it once I finish fixing our immediate problem (okay, who stole the dishcloths?), I'll check my yarn stash. :3

The trouble with doing it on a dishcloth is 1. Dishcloths are textured on purpose (hard to do a pattern on that) and 2. I find they last longer made from 100% cotton yarn, so I usually make them from that. Well, when they don't keep vanishing! I mostly have acryllic in the stash, and I wouldn't make a dishcloth out of that. And I usually use multicolored yarn for dishcloths just because I like how that comes out a lot of the time. ^^

Well, whatever you decide to do. I wish you luck with it. I hope you can find them.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me too Dreaded. I do get tired of having to knit new ones every couple years or so. They should last longer than that!

I think some ones my Grandma Clay made lasted us 5 years or more? Geez. We really need to catch the dishcloth thief/monster that eats'em.

And Tao: Thank you. I think that lasted 2 babies, I'll have to ask Joanna. ^^

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Me too Dreaded. I do get tired of having to knit new ones every couple years or so. They should last longer than that!

I think some ones my Grandma Clay made lasted us 5 years or more? Geez. We really need to catch the dishcloth thief/monster that eats'em.

And Tao: Thank you. I think that lasted 2 babies, I'll have to ask Joanna. ^^

Hopefully, it isn't a pet that is making off with them.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Dreaded: We don't have a pet around here (sis seems to have allergies to furry things) but I have it on good report that when my younger niece is over here, she likes to steal them to use for baby blankets..

Maybe we'll find out where that kid dropped them, or find out where in the closet they ended up. That closet is a mess.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Wow, you do a really good job!!!!! :biggrin:
Love the bee sweater, hat and mittens!!!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
You're welcome!
Good luck with finding a program! :)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I did.

Cstitch

Far as I can tell, it works with no crashing. Just need to find some good pictures/screens now and if needed, talk to someone who's good at photoshop (if I'm working with screens). The reason I have to start with that is if you can believe it, knitting and cross stitch have one thing in common. To do a pattern with either knitting, embroidering on knitting, or cross stitch, you work with a grid.

So a cross stitch program will work for knitting, really easy. ^^ I just need some good pics with no background, and I've never been good at getting rid of a background without erasing it one pixel at a time.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
This looks really nice! It's been a while since I've seen knitting art. Good job!

Back