• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kirk Thornton confirmed to voice...wait for it...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I meant in BBS he's only around Ven's age, so Saix's KH2/KH Days voice would be a bit...awkward

saix-insanefan

@Sahrvergnugen - Yeah that's true too. But who knows, they might redo his voice a little to make him sound younger... but even that might be a little strange if you ask me.

(>.< I want Saix's real name NAUGH, dammit! >.<)
Trust me... I do too. But looks like we'll have to wait.

Last edited:
A

Azrael

The cheap-asses haven't been able to make the lips match up with the words--and you think they'll bother with that?

I hope they do, though. Hopefully Kirk is just a good VA.

Because they were using high quality FMV's not the in game graphics. It's the same story with Days and prob. BBS.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
And don't forget, Saix's voice shows no sense of emotions too.

And I might be quite positive that Saix's real name will NOT be reveal until the game is released in Japan and for those who pre-order it, will have to play and find out....unless his name is leaked by any chance, just like the 'Sia' name on the info we get about Saix's costume on Avatar Kingdom of KH Mobile.

You guys do remember when Roxas' name was leaked....reveal on a KH candy wrapper and later the leaked track list of KH2 soundtrack?

A

Azrael

And I might be quite positive that Saix's real name will NOT be reveal until the game is released in Japan and for those who pre-order it, will have to play and find out....unless his name is leaked by any chance, just like the 'Sia' name on the info we get about Saix's costume on Avatar Kingdom of KH Mobile.

You guys do remember when Roxas' name was leaked....reveal on a KH candy wrapper and later the leaked track list of KH2 soundtrack?

and no one thought it was Roxas.

They came up with some shitty names from Sora's bro to Tidus

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Wait, what? Candy wrapper? :/

It was 4 years ago and I was a noob back then, info about KH2 candies with names and pictures of characters on it, one of them had Roxas' face and his official name but many of us think its fake. Then later, that name appears again on the leaked tracklist of KH2 soundtrack and still, we think the track list was fake. :/

Until the release of his name was reveal, we went O_O and it was indeed Roxas.

Yeah, funny names like Saxor and Kiru, I think

Awards
Because they were using high quality FMV's not the in game graphics. It's the same story with Days and prob. BBS.

No, from the looks of it, I'm pretty sure the BbS cutscenes aren't prerendered. Plus, it seems as though the game has about as many cutscenes as any of the other major installments, so there's no way they could fit that many FMVs in there.
This time they have no excuse, not like they did for Re:CoM and Days where all of the scenes were FMVs.

EDIT:
On the same token, I'm not sure how encouraging that should be.
For both KH1 and KH2, the FMV sequences (ie the endings in particular) adjusted the lip syncing for English. That means they could have adjusted the lip syncing even if they weren't in-game graphics. The fact that BbS does use in-game cutscenes, then, may mean nothing.

Either way, if they pull this non-lip syncing shit again, I may just import the Japanese copy (even if that means I waited for nothing). After KH1/2 set the bar for lip syncing, the disparity in the subsequent games (especially Re:CoM) between English VAs and the lip motion is too distracting. Really takes away from the experience, and it's upsetting to know that they'd rather just repackage the games when they have ample time to adjust for an English version. I'd rather play the Japanese game, have not the slightest clue what they're saying, and look up translations, instead of having to sit through what appears to be a Godzilla movie.

The only thing they're doing in neglecting to have English lip syncing is alienating a fanbase, because the only mentality I see that could possibly motivate this is, "Let's see how little effort we can put into this wh still making it accessible to an English audience." They may as well be feeding us garbage with that line of thinking.
Yeah, I realize many other series don't go the extra distance for lip syncing, but this isn't one of those series. Truth be told, I'm not sure I would even be with the KH series still had it not been for the amazing voice work and lip syncing, as it was a wow-factor for me throughout the first game.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
No, from the looks of it, I'm pretty sure the BbS cutscenes aren't prerendered. Plus, it seems as though the game has about as many cutscenes as any of the other major installments, so there's no way they could fit that many FMVs in there.
This time they have no excuse, not like they did for Re:CoM and Days where all of the scenes were FMVs.

EDIT:
On the same token, I'm not sure how encouraging that should be.
For both KH1 and KH2, the FMV sequences (ie the endings in particular) adjusted the lip syncing for English. That means they could have adjusted the lip syncing even if they weren't in-game graphics. The fact that BbS does use in-game cutscenes, then, may mean nothing.

Either way, if they pull this non-lip syncing shit again, I may just import the Japanese copy (even if that means I waited for nothing). After KH1/2 set the bar for lip syncing, the disparity in the subsequent games (especially Re:CoM) between English VAs and the lip motion is too distracting. Really takes away from the experience, and it's upsetting to know that they'd rather just repackage the games when they have ample time to adjust for an English version. I'd rather play the Japanese game, have not the slightest clue what they're saying, and look up translations, instead of having to sit through what appears to be a Godzilla movie.

The only thing they're doing in neglecting to have English lip syncing is alienating a fanbase, because the only mentality I see that could possibly motivate this is, "Let's see how little effort we can put into this wh still making it accessible to an English audience." They may as well be feeding us garbage with that line of thinking.
Yeah, I realize many other series don't go the extra distance for lip syncing, but this isn't one of those series. Truth be told, I'm not sure I would even be with the KH series still had it not been for the amazing voice work and lip syncing, as it was a wow-factor for me throughout the first game.

is it just me or is this the most stupid reason for not buying an english version of a game

αsiя

space coke
Man this just makes me hope that BBS will come out in april or march

Awards
is it just me or is this the most stupid reason for not buying an english version of a game

It's just you, bro.
I enjoyed Re:CoM in Japanese more than in English for that reason alone.

Wat bug crawled up this person's ass.

A little bug called, "The English developers don't give a shit."
Apparently, you enjoy that bug up your ass.

As for the whole debate about how they'll try to make Thorton's voice fit Saix's somebody, the worst that can happen is, obviously, that they don't, and he sounds exactly like Saix.
We had all been wondering whether Osment would try to make his voice sound younger for Sora with a higher pitch or if they'd use the wonders of technology to do it for him. Turns out neither happened.
I think it may be different here because the difference in age might be a bit too great for them to just ignore this.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
what the fuck man, we are getting alot of confirmed voice actors :D

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It's just you, bro.
I enjoyed Re:CoM in Japanese more than in English for that reason alone. QUOTE]

I apolgize for being being rude but it kinda was a dumb reason to dislike an english dub for lipsyncing. So even if the acting was shakespirerian and the voices matched the charaters perfectly you would hate the dub for not being lipsynced?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I found the lip-syncing to be off putting. It distracted me from everything else

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards

For anyone who has ever watched Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, Don Patch is voiced by the same guy who does Saix, also same for Kisame from Naruto. I couldn't believe it. Saix's lack of emotion in KH was so strong, it didn't even sound like the same person! Hopefully, Sia will be more enthusiastic as a whole person.

Awards
I apolgize for being being rude but it kinda was a dumb reason to dislike an english dub for lipsyncing. So even if the acting was shakespirerian and the voices matched the charaters perfectly you would hate the dub for not being lipsynced?

No problem.
And yes, even if it were the highest quality VA, I'd still choose the Japanese version (unless of course the Japanese VAs suck).
The reason is because, when there's actual lip syncing, I feel as though I'm actually listening to the character speak. In the case that the voice doesn't match the lips, it's a constant reminder that I'm listening to an actor's voice superimposed in a cutscene. I just can't immerse myself, and that one tiny alteration can make a huge difference.

Though, for the record, I even thought the VAs suffered occasionally in the English Re:CoM, not because the voice actors were bad, but because of the lack of lip syncing. There were clear instances where they awkwardly changed dialogue and made inappropriate pauses in order to better conform to the characters mouth, which essentially made it even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back