• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

padlock

Awards
kingdom-of-amalur-reckoning-logo.png

Kingdoms_of_Amalur_-_Reckoning_coverart.jpg

So I am totally surprised that there isn't much more interest in this game. It appears to be the Wesern equivalent of Kingdom Hearts. If KH is Final Fantasy + Devil May Cry then Amalur is The Elder Scrolls + God of War. And it looks amazing! It looks like something that people on a KH board would definitely get into between games. There is stated to be over 200 hours of gameplay so it will be a good time user in the wait for KH3 :D. Demo comes out on the 17th and full thing on February 7!

Info Links:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reckoning - an open-world role-playing game | Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Below are some videos of Combat and RPGness:

[video=youtube;nfGjNHruBXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGjNHruBXw&feature=plcp&context=C3aac75dUDOEgsToPDskKqKeIudwqA5Ut2boyY9Au7[/video]

^ Aaaah it looks so fun.

[video=youtube;2oEV0lenp5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEV0lenp5A&feature=plcp&context=C338ad83UDOEgsToPDskKxzseaFY1hHehUQ32wEtL5[/video]

^ I am super excited about the Destiny system. It looks like a great blend of Class system and Job system.

Screenshots and Pictures:

1806057-map_of_the_faelands_super.jpg

^ Obligatory Fantasy Map

xlarge_reckoning-outer-rathir.jpg

^Obligatory Fantasy Town

kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-20111101014343353_640w.jpg

^Obligatory Giant Phallic Sword

tumblr_lxn6cmF9Ft1qeid08o1_500.jpg

^ Crossover with Mass Effect 3, you get an exclusive Armour and weapon from the Mass Effect 3 Demo.

(So I could find a thread for this but it was from like six months ago I thought this one would be more exciting :3)

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I'm actually pretty excited for this game. Definately going to get the demo tomorrow and see how it goes. From the looks of it, its Skyrim except with funner gameplay but looks like Fable. Either way I'm down

padlock

Awards
Hear hear! I am going to have to get a US PSN account methinks. don't think the demo will be out here. I'll have to check up on that..

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It looks pretty cool. I plan on downloading the demo later.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
this came out of nowhere just to be put in my list of must-buy games
I wonder why I've never heard of it.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Dear lord this demo is amazing. I'm still playing after the initial storyline ends because of demo purposes. Doing sidequests and killing things are fun. The combat is fluid especially when changing between different weapons and magic attacks. I'm definantly getting this on day one.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I can't find the demo on XBLA. Is it under the new demos?

edit: Never mind I found it

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I was surprised how much I liked this. I must have played that demo for like two hours and I felt like I barely scratched the surface of the beginning of the game. The review on IGN highlights the combat as one of the most enjoyable parts of the game, seamlessly switching between weapons and racking up combos. So I'd definitely like to get this game and see how that turns out later on in the game.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I'm really enjoying this too, wow. Might give the demo a couple more playthroughs with different character builds.

It's a little glitchy for me, though. Does anybody else have the game randomly skip through conversations? Or muted NPCs?

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Like everyone else, I agree the demo was pretty epic. I'm going to go back for a second playthrough soon and try out some different play styles. I had some weird glitches happen though, the most impressive being when I killed an enemy he turned into a building.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I had some weird glitches happen though, the most impressive being when I killed an enemy he turned into a building.

lol This happened to me in my second playthrough, but the building was flat. And when I came out of a cave or something, the ground wouldn't be there until I walked a few feet. On top of that, the game is still forcing me to skip through conversations. I can overlook a whole lot of glitches, but this one happened throughout my entire second playthrough, and I'm worried it'll be a problem in the final product too. Regardless of how fun it is, I'm not playing it if I can't enjoy the story.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I haven't played through the entire demo myself but I loved every moment of it. I went to the movies with a friend and my roommate asked if he could play it while I was gone. He had just finished by the time I got back. He's addicted haha

padlock

Awards
i just played the demo! The NPC speaking bug is horrible but it was good to get a feel of the game :)

And 38 Games have confirmed that the demo is from a much earlier build of the games and many if not all of the bugs will be gone by final release :)

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I went ahead and preordered the game yesterday. I've played through the demo twice. Took me two hours+ each time.

Looking forward to experimenting with the talent trees and all the different destinies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back