• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I'm curious as to how the music'll turn out, being composed by Grant Kirkhope and all... :3

Janus Q

the demo had allot of glitches for me since i only have a 4 gig harddrive, so i moved it onto my flash drive with nothing else on it so that helped cut down on the glitches. and once you get past the first dungeon you can skip the tutorial level to just go onto the roaming level in your demo save. overall i like it, not sure if i'll buy it, but i definitely want to rent it or buy it when the price goes down.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
Does anyone else abuse harpoon as much as I do? Or ocasionally yell "Get over here!" when they do? As of now I love this game, it's quite the break I've been needing from a lot of games.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Kingdoms of Analur: Reckoning

finally got the game today and after playing through just the beginning which I had already played through in the demo I already have so many complains
- why is the sound so bad
- when a huge rock fall down from the roof it sounds like there's a gap in the roof and some dust etc fall down
- why do they talk twice as loud in the cut scenes compared to the rest of the game. I have to have really loud volume and turn down effects and music a bunch to here them speak and then a cutscene come on and my family goes, "turn the damm sound of!"
- the camera still suck
- The dodging is way to slow to react if your in a combo and when the battle is so fast paced that sucks
- why in a dialogue do they push floating green shit (that are suppose to be leaves) up in our face??? I can't even see what plant they come from when I go out from the dialogue so you kinda start to think that they really wanted the game to flat out look bad. If not they did a really bad job there.

done ranting, I needed to get it out of my system

PS. how in hell does the dispel system work. one would think it is as simple as to hit all the circels when you go over them but I do that and I know I'm good with timing because I've played plenty of games like this but I still can't open a easy lock. it's something about the order you dispel them in I think but I still can't do it. WTF!?

edit - the game drives me insane and I can't stand it anymore.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member

Thats because when you dispel, you're supposed to activate all the "ones", then the "twos", and lastly the "three's". Like you hit all three "ones", then the two "two's", and fi9nish up with the last "three". I have yet to run into any of the problems mentioned except for sound.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Was anyone else really underwhelmed by this game? I loved the demo, but I think it was because it was so short. The actual game, IMO, is just very boring. Gameplay is great but the lore and the world etc are pretty meh. Perhaps though, it was because before playing this I had sank 50+ hours in Skyrim.

Macabre

Gold Member
y u all no discuss this game more?

I've had Reckoning for a while but I didn't get a chance to play it properly until yesterday when I started up a new save file with a Might build character and I'm already having a lot fun despite only completing the first main quest + a few side/task quests. Seriously underrated game.

I can't comment on the story because obviously I haven't gotten too far into it but I'm liking everything else. Especially the art/visual style which isn't too innovative but it's pretty appealing. Gonna spend the next few days playing this.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
I haven't gotten very far into the storyline personally(I saw the direction on the mini-map for the main quest, saw something shiny the other way and ended up halfway across the map doing whatever). I can say that I enjoy the combat in the game and I think the destinies concept is a cool one with room for improvement. Also, out of curiousity. Has anyone bought the DLC for it and is it worth getting it? I think the only worthwhile DLC is the Teeth of Naros but I could be wrong. Oh, and one more thing. I really enjoy the music and the way the world works. A concern of mine though is the destinies, I don't feel the urge to fool around with them, but that may just be me(I'm doing Might/Sorcery/Rouge).

Villen

I have preordered this game impulsively when they showed TF2 hats, but haven't played yet. Liked the demo, the combat is great, I don't know why it is just collecting digital dust on my steam library.

Wittgenstein

I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I absolutely love this game. I just started playing it again since my PS3 broke and I think it's well written and extremely engaging. Just needed to be said. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back