• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Shader means Pixar worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nomura has wanted Pixar in there for a long time. I don't think Kingdom Shader had anything to do with influencing Pixar's inclusion.
He wanted Pixar back in the PS2 era.

If anything, this just means the Pixar worlds would look prettier.

Bobjam

Awards
Nomura has wanted Pixar in there for a long time. I don't think Kingdom Shader had anything to do with influencing Pixar's inclusion.

This is exactly the way I see it as well. The KS will (unintentionally) make any pixar worlds that may be included look like their original content in their respective films whilst still being able to maintain the visual integrity of the other disney and kh characters and worlds. I think looking forward though Nomura may start mentioning, once world reveals begin to happen, his early ideas behind those worlds and their ties to the KS.

TXMI

I think that's the point he was trying to make. I think it'd be more likely that Disney would let them use Pixar movies if they had better graphics because Pixar movies are very very visual. Does that make sense?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think that's the point he was trying to make. I think it'd be more likely that Disney would let them use Pixar movies if they had better graphics because Pixar movies are very very visual. Does that make sense?

I don't really think that's an issue for Disney, seeing they've released multiple games for those films with worse graphics then KH.

I really don't think Kingdom Shader has anything to do with the inclusion of Pixar films and vice versa. Like Chaser said they would have included Pixar films earlier if they were allowed. So if Pixar is included which many believe to be the case then it has little to do with the shaders. They'll just look closer to the films and prettier than they would without the Kingdom Shader.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure the Kingdom Shader was made so they could make an artstyle that satisfies the concerns people had when thinking that the Disney worlds wouldn't look right if they were rendered in the same style as the pre-rendered CGI videos, while also satisfying those who wanted Sora and the gang to look like how they did in said videos.

But this does of course mean that Pixar worlds would look perfect, yes. But I really don't think it was made with Pixar in mind.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
not in the least. Like Adrian XXII said, Disney released other Pixar games on previous generation systems, albeit some with quite good graphics, but Pixar games generally are not given much love visually or gameplay-wise. It's more likely that previous exclusion has been due to handhelds and the PS2 games being made before the acquisition of the company, back when they actually cared about their own identity. If anything, the Kingdom Shader was made more with Snow White in mind than Pixar. Or at least equally.

Sorakh212

Awards
While this is logical and certainly wouldn't surprise me if it were one of the reasons it's worth noting that it's most likely not the only reason. A lot of it has to do with technological advancements with next gen and how much more crisp and just better all around everything looks or will look in general. It makes sense though and I can't wait to see if and or when they apply it to KH3.

axel95

Awards
I could see it being extra motivation to make KS make everything look great, but like Sorakh212 said, it has more to do with the advancements of the next gen consoles than anything else.

mardiqwop

I too think that it's unrelated to Pixar. But how awesome would it be to have pixar worlds. It'd be a dream come true for me.

The only reason their using Kingdom Shaders to my knowing is because they wanted to make the game look better than the past entries and take advantage of next-gen hardware, but at the same time they wanted to retain that charming aesthetic that the older games had.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I beg to differ. All of the Pixar games I have played such as the three Toy Story games and The Incredible game, they were all very fun to play gameplay-wise and looked great for their time.
Those are the exception. I've played those too and enjoyed them. And to lesser degree Ratatouille. But Up, Wall-E, Bugs Life, and Finding Nemo weren't as good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back