• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Key: Alternate Scenarios -- What Would Happen?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

1) What would happen if Sora got his own Keyblade and Riku got the Kingdom Key?

2) What would happen if Sora weren't an issue in Hollow Bastion anymore for some reason -- would the Kingdom Key still abandon Riku? If not, what would happen?

3) If Ansem got a hold of the Kingdom Key from Sora, what would happen?

Come up with your own too and tell me what you think of my hypothetical situations.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well for the first one, the first half or so of the game would be the same since you only run into Riku once before Neverland. Though I imagine Neverland and past would've been different.
Rather than trying to take the kingdom key from sora he would've probably just tried to outright destroy him.

As for two that could go a number of ways. What lead the kingdom key to abandon Riku for Sora was Riku had cast everything aside in pursuit of freedom through darkness thus losing what made his hearts strong and acceptable to the keyblade in the first place.
Though if they both had their own the power struggle between them would've never happened and the kingdom key would've likely remained with Riku.
(meaning it'd have been a rather interesting battle of keybearers me thinks)

Three can't happen because, for whatever reason, Ansem lost the ability to use Xehanorts keyblade (as pointed out by Riku in DDD) and if he couldn't use his own I doubt he could take soras.
So not sure if there can be a hypothetical for that one.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I have a kind of, sort of, theory about how it was destined that KK and by extension, KKD be wielded by true heroes of light and Sora, Riku, and Mickey were all interchangeable at one point and came up with a broad scenario. Bbbbuuuttt...it's late where I am so I'm not going to go into much detail now, just wanted to drop the idea of KK and KKD potentially going to either of SRM because destiny needed them to be wielded or some junk. Just food for thought.

fangsora

no the reason why is because terra did the ritual I think to riku and because of that ansem thought riku was terra because they had a similar sent of darkness probably

Master Ultima

Awards
no the reason why is because terra did the ritual I think to riku and because of that ansem thought riku was terra because they had a similar sent of darkness probably
In BBS when Aqua defeated Xehanort he or Terra stabbed himself and fell into the darkness but Aqua sacrificed her self to save Terra but when he awoke in radiant garden he said his name was Xehanort. Then Xehanort was turned into a heartless and then became Ansem so I think Terra's heart may or may not still be in there which would explain why Riku thought Ansem was Terra. Or it might be what you said and Riku and Ansem have a similar darkness maybe.

MyNameisAnsem

1) I would think much of the first game, as well as potentially the entire series, could be drastically different. Just imagine Chain of Memories. If Riku and Sora both got put to sleep, then Riku wouldn't be there to confront Xion and later Roxas. Assuming Xion still decides to go back to Sora and is defeated by Roxas, then what of the end of 358/2 Days when Roxas goes back to The World That Never Was? Who would be there to stop him? Maybe Mickey? Now that I think of it, would we even still have Roxas and Xion? Or the Keyblade of People's Hearts? Another Nobody perhaps?

MyNameisAnsem

2) Nah, I think it would stay with Riku. Even if Riku still went to the side of darkness after getting his own Keyblade, they each have one.

3)I'm not sure that's possible. If he can't use his original self's Keyblade, I don't think he could use Sora's.

Last edited:

Master Ultima

Awards
I think Riku gained the ability to wield his own keyblade when he became Ansem himself but didn't realize he could summon it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back