• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

forget-me-not

Alright, I know I am going to sound like an idiot, but this has been bugging me for a long time, and no matter how many times I play the games, I can't wrap my head around it.
What actually is Kingdom Hearts?
I know, it's the heart of all worlds, but that's about where my comprehension stops.
Sora says kingdom hearts is light, yet when they open the door to darkness(?? I think it was the dtd) (and what the heck is that? the door into kingdom hearts? if so, then what is the door to light?) there's heartless everywhere. Is kingdom hearts good or bad? What does it do, what does it control, is it light or dark, and why could the nobodies use it to potentially make themselves exist again?
I'm sorry, this is probably so obvious and I'm missing it, but someone please clue me in. Thanks

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
ok i dont know ether about what kingdom hearts is or does. Inside there is heartless but there was light to defeat ansem? is the power of Kingdom hearts Twilight??

Nameless

I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this already. I might be missing a few details but...
There are two different Kingdom Hearts: the heart of all worlds (KH1) and the culmination of the hearts of men (KH2). Yes, Kingdom Hearts in the first game led to the realm of darkness. I can't fully explain the light that temporarily shown through the door and destroyed Xehanort's heartless (probably just symbolic of the story told by Kairi's grandmother), but it was the Door to Darkness (explaining why Riku and King Mickey were on the other side).
Organization XIII was basically collecting hearts in order to create the Kingdom Hearts that is the hearts of men so that they could obtain their own individual hearts.
As far as I know, the power of Kingdom Hearts can be used for either good or evil depending on the beholder just like the keyblade.
Basically there are two different Kingdom Hearts for the two games, both of which are surrounded by vagueness so I don't blame you for being confused. We've never been given a legit explanation as far as I know.

Edit: link to the thread I was talking about. I hope it helps. http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts/124142-unanswerd-qeustions-plz-help.html
Rain gives the most comprehensive answers to the questions

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is the title generally bestowed upon anything that contains more than one Heart. By this classification, the Kingdom Hearts seen at the end of the first and second games can still contain different kinds of Hearts, yet still share the same title. By this classification, Sora was, for a time, a Kingdom Hearts.

The Kingdom Hearts seen in KH1 was the Heart of all worlds, and was, for all intents and purposes, 'natural', it had always been there.

The one at the end of KH2 wasn't the Heart of all men, as some might like to call it, but was rather a force gathering of the Hearts taken from Heartless when they fade away. This is an artificial Kingdom Hearts.

DarkRoxasNobody

It depends on who opens it. Like someone endulged in darkness (like XH) would open the DtD to Kingdom Hearts to open the dark side of Kingdom Hearts. But to open the DtL you need someone with lots of light in their heart (like Sora) to get to the light side of Kingdom Hearts.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
It depends on who opens it. Like someone endulged in darkness (like XH) would open the DtD to Kingdom Hearts to open the dark side of Kingdom Hearts.
Actually, the PoH's are the one who open the DtD. XH and Maleficent used them to get to the DtD.

Lolita

Dear You
Well, in KH1 Kingdom Hearts is the Heart of All Worlds. Kingdom Hearts is light, yes. In KH2, Kingdom Hearts is where the hearts released by the Heartless go to and it was what Organization XIII needed for them to become whole again.

the15thmember

Kingdom Hearts is the ultimate light AND dark because it is just a big heart and every heart has light and darkness. It showed the light to destroy "Ansem" because it has intelligence and was helping Sora, jus like when it gave him the door to get to Xemnas in KH2

forget-me-not

Ok, thanks for the link to the other theory
But as for the other kingdom hearts, I was under the impression that the nobodies had made almost a copy of the original, and were going to twist it so that they could become real. As in, their kingdom hearts was fake, and somehow they stopped the flow of hearts released by heartless from going into the real kingdom hearts and redirecting them to their own fake copy. This would eventually give them power over the hearts where they could destroy the actual kingdom hearts and create their own reality. Maybe I'm crazy, I just got the impression that the kingdom hearts in the WTNW wasn't real
And if it was real, the why did it give xemnas so much power? he pleads to kingdom hearts to give him more hearts and power, and it does.

oh, and sorry that there was another thread on this. I didn't see it

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Kingdom Hearts from the first game related to the Hearts of Worlds. The one in KH2 related to the Hearts of Men.
As to why it gave Xemnas so much power, he said so himself - without Xemnas, that Kingdom Hearts couldn't be complete, since it needed more Hearts. hence, it gave him the power so he could stop the ones who wanted to get in their way.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
It's made of many hearts though, so the heart of hearts is the heart of Kingdom Hearts and not Kingdom Hearts itself?

the15thmember

I don't think there are 2 Kingdom Hearts. Pete said "this in between world is way too close to the darkness". If the drakness is the dark of Kingdom Hearts like I was saying, then maybe Xemnas was just offering hearts to the same kingdom hearts as before to get a heart of his own from it, which he did at the end.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
He would have had to build the whole World that Never Was around the original Kingdom Hearts in less than a year.
Rain's right, she is a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back