• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts X Rumor Appears Again - KHInsider Breaks it Down

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts Insider - Kingdom Hearts 2 II 3 III Final Mix

Alright, alright, I can't believe this is coming back again. Before I even show this segment of an article written by Gamingtarget, I will just go ahead and throw it out this is completely speculation and is pretty much untrue. (I explain why after the article).

The gist of it is, GamingTarget was listing the Top 21 Surprises of E3 2007. They do specifically state that everything is a rumor and all in good fun, but seriously it seems they completely made up the Kingdom Hearts bit. Check it out:

#20 Kingdom Hearts X refers to an Xbox 360 version
Square-Enix doesn't do cagey. They let you know what they're up to and when they'd like it to happen. Then whatever they said is negated a few months later when whatever it is they're working on gets inevitably delayed. But they don't seem to want to discuss anything relating to the project company executives are referring to as "Kingdom Hearts X." Why? Because I believe the X stands for Xbox 360.

This belief jibes with two recent statements from the company about their future projects. First, an executive was quoted as saying "The Xbox 360 slate is empty as far as it comes to Final Fantasy." Meanwhile, the company's CEO, Yoichi Wada, stated that the company will focus on multiplatform gaming because that's what the market demands. Before this, Square-Enix has basically ignored the 360 (a port of Final Fantasy XI and the unproven Last Remnant don't count) and if the PS3 and Wii have Final Fantasy games locked up, what's left for the 360? Kingdom Hearts X, that's what. The 360 gives the company the install a game like Kingdom Hearts needs and the graphical abilities that developer Tetsuya Nomura wants.

Alright, it is time to break it down. Everything above is completely false.

A) We have proved time and time again that Kingdom Hearts X is a rumor, the last time I even remember seeing it was months ago.
B) We already know the next Kingdom Hearts game is not being announced at E3, but at Tokyo Game Show 2007.
C) These quotes are actually very recent, but it truly seems like the article writer tried to find random excuses to justify Kingdom Hearts on the Xbox 360. The last I heard it was between the handhelds, the Wii, and the PS3. Square Enix is a Japanese company and really, the 360 does not seem like the premier console for a Disney and Final Fantasy type game.

Feel free to discuss what you think, even if you disagree with me!

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
he 360 does not seem like the premier console for a Disney and Final Fantasy type game.
WTF.

I guess that haven't heard. The 360 is getting kick ass JRPG like ES, BD, LO, etc. Getting more JRPGs then the PS3. LOL. And ES is the most beautiful JRPG I seen in long time.

Just another rumor. I can tell you now if PS3 sells don't pick up it wont be on the PS3. Unless its mutiplate game.

learacuroe

Why would someone think that Square Enix and Tetsuya Nomura would want to change consoles when they have been on the PS2 for kingdom hearts since it came out. It would drop in the marketing for the game. Even if the new kingdom hearts is not kingdom hearts 3 its still kingdom hearts even if they change the name.

Sora18

exactly, think about it. PS2 is it's home, it's where everyone has played it. I don't see why these people have to make up stupid rumors like that. And I have another question.

Who in the world created KINGDOM HEARTS X?

It's such a stupid name, and it's not a official name,

can someone please tell me that.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Why would someone think that Square Enix and Tetsuya Nomura would want to change consoles
I don't know maybe because they did before and Square will go where the money is..

Like there doing now, with the handhelds. Square likes money, like Capcom and these other devs.. That why there in bed with the 360.

PS3 is losing this gen and if sell don't pick up. The the next KH won't be for the PS3, if it is it will be Mutiplat. I mean 85k a month is something to lol at.

So unless Sony pays for then don't give your hopes up.

Eagl

Well ps3 came out later than the 360 and its more expensive. But the price will prbly be cheaper to te time when the next KH game for console will be out. Also the other KH game and also Final fantasy has been on PS. So why change it now when its "home" is PS. And I agree with monkey about that he tries to come up with excuses to launch it for 360.

Also what s Kingdom hearts X?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD Super, I'd appreciate it if you didnt turn every thread into a console wars one.

SE at this time is only gauging the next gen systems. The next KH will clearly be on a handheld.

Kingdom Hearts X is just a rumor someone started.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
monkeybutt said:
Well ps3 came out later than the 360 and its more expensive. But the price will prbly be cheaper to te time when the next KH game for console will be out. Also the other KH game and also Final fantasy has been on PS. So why change it now when its "home" is PS. And I agree with monkey about that he tries to come up with excuses to launch it for 360.
Sorry Monkey last time. I just want to point something out.

Did you forgot that FF was on Nintendo first and KH was also on Nintendo?

Also the 360 is cheaper then the PS3 and there going to be price drop soon. I can give reasons why to change systems and make a game mutiplat but I will get flame and It this will just turn into a war.

xD Super, I'd appreciate it if you didnt turn every thread into a console wars one.

SE at this time is only gauging the next gen systems. The next KH will clearly be on a handheld.

Kingdom Hearts X is just a rumor someone started.

Sorry I'm not trying to. I just fixed his post, Just because KH was on PS2 doesnt mean it will be on the PS3. Like I said Square is goes where the money is, Isn't that true? Right now thats with the Handhelds, Wii and 360.

Eagl

Someone at square enix (dont remember who) said that the handhelds are better in time than the consoles right now. The consoles where better for games in a few years from now. So the next KH game will most likely be out for PSP or DS. If I remember it right this game will be the new sidestory serie. So maybe the game that they will do after this one will be the KH3.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD Actually, SE has said that right now its ONLY on the handhelds, they have not decided with big consoles. (KHI newsposts for support). I have never heard SE say Xbox 360 or Wii is where "it's" at. I've never heard them say that about the PS3 either. I have heard them say "DS AND PSP YAAAY".

Rikuswish

"Kingdom Hearts X" comes from the title listing IGN has for the next Kingdom Hearts game:

IGN: Kingdom Hearts X

Their description for the game is as follows:

The third chapter in the mash-up adventure of Square-Enix and Disney.

NOTE: Although this project has been confirmed as being in production, the exact release plans have not yet been announced. The game has also not been announced for any specific platform (though good bets are on the PlayStation 3 system due to the series' history.) Please check back for official info.

They also have a news article there, that seems to indicate that this is for the game that will be announced at TGS. Although other sources have said that game will probably be a spinoff on the PSP, this article suggests that it could be for any platform and perhaps" KH3":

IGN: Kingdom Hearts Set For TGS

I think IGN just lists it "Kingdom Hearts X" because they know a new KH related game is coming out but they don't what to really call it, since Square has released little details about it. There is no actual game from Square Enix/Disney with that title and it probably won't be "Kingdom Hearts 3" either. Perhaps IGN needs to update their description as well.

Last edited:

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
Surely by the time that the new kh projects get released, PS3 prices would fall and more poeple would want PS3 over 360. If SE goes where the money is, then they would make a multiplat games. I dont know how that would work with the Wii as it is different but still.. They might make a game for Nintendo like they did before with CoM. But, IMO, the new kh game would be headed towards PS3 as it is a better and more powerful console...

PS3>Wii>360

G

Gfal

It would make a ton of sense for Square to put the next Kingdom Hearts on 360. The PS3 is flopping and I don't even think a big market game could save it

GAPLKA teh Bioz

I don't think the Disney side of the Game would fit right on the system that was made for gruesome graphics and hardcore FPS action. It also wouldn't make much sense because everything on the Xbox 360 kinda felt... like it was all... Not important. I do believe that the NKHP (New Kingdom Hearts Project) will be for a handheld, or maybe just stay in limbo until the PS3 picks itself up, or the prices drop.

I know for sure it won't be for the Xbox 360 or the Wii. The reason not for the Wii is because it is to, what's the word, altered because of the ****in' control system. I'll put money on the PSP or the NDS because the DS has awesome sales and the PSP because of the fact it's Sony.

[√]Genuflect
I like the way square handling things here.Xbox 360 owns!Ps3 will go down!
Why?Too expensive.SE says=handhelds.
Square makes the decision.Even if you shout to the world that it would suck on Xbox360 and u will not play the game,Then don't play it!You'll miss a freakin chance of playin one of the greatest games in the world.(FOr me)

Team Johnnycake

Website
kh2spoof.blogspot.com
i think it would be great if some future kingdom hearts game came with a small kingdom key, equipped with motion sensors, that can be detected by the gaming system, like a wii. then sora can mimic your keyblade strikes. of course, you'd also need a joystick and other buttons on said miniature keyblade to perform his more insane attacks, but really, how cool would that be?

Roxas!

Well, i'm kinda hoping something gets released on the 360! I myself can say that i really don't like the PS3 and the price isnt just worth it. If something comes out for the PSP i'd be happy too.

Sexy Angel
O_< 2 things:

1. MB has a new avatar! ^.<

2. Why would these people even write an article that is completely false? Just to get attention (like those horrible American I. singers)? KHX isnt even confirmed or anything. If 'KHX' were going to be released to the Video Game Trio (Wii, 360, PS3) then it would probably go to the PS3, because of better graphics and because SE is with Sony.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
C) These quotes are actually very recent, but it truly seems like the article writer tried to find random excuses to justify Kingdom Hearts on the Xbox 360. The last I heard it was between the handhelds, the Wii, and the PS3. Square Enix is a Japanese company and really, the 360 does not seem like the premier console for a Disney and Final Fantasy type game.

well, since disney is an american company, and controls most of the world, which i heard frmo the msn website, most powerful companies who control the world, id think that the 360 has a pretty good chance of getting a kh based game, since it already has final fantasy games, also, hte 360 is getting ass kicking JRPG games.

that is just all my opinion because i love the 360 xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back