• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS X novel releasing on December 10, 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yen Press will be releasing the Kingdom Hearts χ novel adaptation on December 10th, 2019!

Written by Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by manga artist Shiro Amano, the novel delves into the story of the original Kingdom Hearts χ that launched for PC browsers in 2013. 

Welcome to Daybreak Town, home of the five Unions of Keyblade wielders led by the Foretellers. These wielders spend their days fighting against the darkness and collecting light for their Unions-and that includes you. But then, one day you make an unusual new friend...

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m curious to see how the POV writing was handled in this because it’s always weird to read a novel in first or second POV.

hlc1988

Awards
These are coming thick and fast for Western shores now... I'd missed the announcement about Dream Drop Distance novelisation coming in October 2019... I'm looking forward to reading through all of these once I have all of them...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
From what I remember seeing on Twitter, the novel is written from Chirithy's PoV and also covers events that took place during the KHX time period but wasn't covered until UX (such as Strelitzia's death). Should be interesting!

But I still disagree with the decision to to put Player in Anguis.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
From what I remember seeing on Twitter, the novel is written from Chirithy's PoV and also covers events that took place during the KHX time period but wasn't covered until UX (such as Strelitzia's death). Should be interesting!

But I still disagree with the decision to to put Player in Anguis.

Such an awful choice with no narrative fulfillment xD

Hirokey123

Awards
Such an awful choice with no narrative fulfillment xD
Actually it makes sense because if they don't then Invi will get basically zero book screen time. Aced and Ava get the most regardless of their union, followed by Gula who got some key moments in X/UX and BC, and Ira was a pretty big player in the end of X and parts of BC. Invi had almost nothing in BC and she literally does not appear in X, save for that 3 second glimpse of her fighting aced, until the KG unless she is your leader.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The book doesn't cover the ongoing events of UX so I'm not sure how much it'll actually help? D:
Wait, then what's the point of the book!? I thought the KHX events got erased due to worldline jumping?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, then what's the point of the book!? I thought the KHX events got erased due to worldline jumping?

The novel covers the events of the original KHX on PC browsers, from the Player's awakening to the Keyblade War. UX on mobile devices picks up after that, as the Player relives those events but the war never happens, and adventure continues on from there.

Back