• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS X novel cover revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

A few months ago, Square Enix announced that a novel based on the story of KINGDOM HEARTS χ would be released on January 25th, 2019. Titled "Kingdom Hearts χ: The Story of You and the Keyblade", the novel is written by Tomoco Kanemaki and features illustrations by Shiro Amano.

The City of Dawn. The Beginning of the Beginning. A Tale of Bonds Forged.

"This is Daybreak Town --- the city of dawn. 

You belonged to one of five unions united by the Keyblade, and began collecting light to fell the darkness. 
The figures known as Foretellers also reside in this town, each guiding a union as its Master. 
Every day, you fulfill your sworn duty to protect to light. But one day, you befriend a boy..."

The 21st installment of the Kingdom Hearts Novel Series is here! 

Preorder the novel from Amazon Japan or the Square Enix e-STORE.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
That cover is extremely cute, and I love how Amano draws these characters. The X/Daybreak Town color palette is so pleasing when done right.

I don't know that I'll be picking it up (probably gonna stop my KH collection habits with the BBS novel) but I'd definitely be interested to hear what Kanemaki does with the storyline and characters.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is amazing, I missed Shiro Amano's art. I really wish that he still did Manga for Kingdom Hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow, how incredibly cute.
How Chirithy is holding their purse, Skuld being all majestic and Ephemer with his totally messy layered hair which I suppose is a total pain to draw.

Also looks like Ephemer's eyes are indeed green while Skuld's are brown, not amber or golden.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait. The novels are canon?...
Fans treat the novels as secondary canon. If the information provided doesn’t contradict the game, then it’s treated as a legitimate part of the lore and backstories.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Will there be a translated version of sorts? I don’t normally read cause words on paper are whole another level (haha), but if it’s Kingdom Hearts, I am more than willing to sit down and read an actual book for once.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Will there be a translated version of sorts? I don’t normally read cause words on paper are whole another level (haha), but if it’s Kingdom Hearts, I am more than willing to sit down and read an actual book for once.
Yen Press have been translating the novels, with BBS as the next to release in March. They haven’t confirmed they’ll be working on this one, but please send them your support on social media if you’d like to see it make its way overseas!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

English translations are published by Yen Press.
So far the novels of KH 1, Chain of Memories, KH 2 and Days are translated and available to buy.

The novel of BBS is slated to be the next one released.

While their official canonity is ambiguous the author of the novels is part of Nomura's team and and sometimes gets background info from him.
Compared to the games the novels are actually superior in some fields, especially when it comes to characterisation and interaction between characters. Being able to read their inner thoughts also helps relating to many of them better.

Xagzan

Awards
Aww, lookit how cute Skuld is. If only she had been included in Back Cover.

Wow, there have been 20 novels before this. I did not realize that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aww, lookit how cute Skuld is. If only she had been included in Back Cover.

Wow, there have been 20 novels before this. I did not realize that.

Yep. Here's the breakdown:

KH1 (2)
CoM (3)
KH2 (4)
Days (3)
BBS (3)
coded (1)
3D (2)
Side Stories (2)

eiczerofour

I hope this releases in English. It looks like a fun read. I may get it anyway it looks nice.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Man, my library only has the manga. And none of them even have all the volumes!

Honestly mate, as much as I want to read these, I’ve got no cash :(

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Simple and effective design. I miss Shiro's manga so much. YenON, continue delivering bb

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
By far the best KH novel cover!

Not only the art is great, but the color scheme is stunning!! I don't think Back Cover Movie did a good job in that department, so props to Shiro! It looks colorful and vibrant as it should be.

Daybreak Town is such a gorgeous World. I hope one day we can go there in a main game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back