• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] - The 6th Apprentice and Rising Conflicts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well augusut is until the last episode of season one kingdom hearts x airs is everybody ready

Last edited:

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Mickey wasn't saying Xehanort was using Riku as a portal, he was confirming to Yen Sid that his Heartless version was watching Riku and that it was possible he was on the islands the night of the storm.
The way that section is written does not seem to indicate that those two are independent.

Later on, Xehanort himself explains that having possessed Riku was instrumental in knowing how to track Sora.

"Ansem first sent me on my way, and then placed himself here when the time was right."
"What are you saying? That he knew everything that would happen?"
"No, not everything. But remember, Ansem possessed Riku and saw his experiences in real time."
"So? That could only tell him so much. How did he know I would be here today?"
"Simple."

Xehanort didn't use Riku to get into the Sleeping Realm, he used the brown-robed Ansem who was there that night.
Right. My argument is that Robed Figure was able to locate that point in time in the first place by having access to Riku.

Young Xehanort directly explains that Ansem knew where to be because he possessed Riku. But that can't simply be that Ansem possessed Riku, *then* traveled back to the island, because you can only travel in time one way once you go to the past, and he never turn back into robed figure after possessing Riku. He had to have known where to be before, from a 3+1 D PoV, actually possessing Riku -- which means he *necessarily* must be able to glean information just from the simple fact of having possessed Riku ever.

A really telling thing about this scene -- the immediate response to Sora asking how Ansem knew Sora would be there "today" (in the playtime of KH3D) is a flashback to Sora having another person's heart implanted in him without his knowledge. This is implicit, rather than explicit, but still very telling.

It doesn't matter if Xehanort can check or not, he'd forget as soon as he returned.
I would assume he'd be able to pick which point in time he's traveling to, otherwise we couldn't rightfully call any of his plan a "plan". If he can check whether it's *possible* to travel to that point, then that's all he needs. He doesn't actually need to go back, and subject his heart to erasing his memories.

(For that matter, the whole "losing memories" has an easy workaround --

He went further into the past than the night DI fell.
Right. But unless he absolutely stumbled ass-first onto Sora and Riku, for him to "possess that kind of foresight" as the game claims, he would need to be aware that that opportunity even existed.

It's possible that Nomura doesn't examine this. He's retconned stuff a ton over the years, to the point that it's clear that he doesn't plan these out thaaaaat far ahead (remember when Roxas's emotions were due to Ventus's heart, and not because Nobodies create their own hearts over time?). But if it isn't examined, that means that Xehanort simply *did not plan* on even a mediocre level, when the presentation of the series is trying very hard to convince us that Xehanort is an expert schemer.

As a side note, the written Xehanort Report implies that Saix's scar is a Recusant Sigil, implying that he can use that to track his potential vessels through time and space before they actually become a vessel (it says "maybe Xehanort had his eye on him for a long time?"). Depending on how the Sigil works, it could be that Sora has been marked with a Sigil since long before KH3D, possibly at Traverse Town (since the scene where Xehanort says "simple" is eventually followed by remarking on how often Sora has been to Traverse town).

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Haha... I'm starting to remember how confusing this whole part was. What a mess.
The way that section is written does not seem to indicate that those two are independent.

Later on, Xehanort himself explains that having possessed Riku was instrumental in knowing how to track Sora.

"Ansem first sent me on my way, and then placed himself here when the time was right."
"What are you saying? That he knew everything that would happen?"
"No, not everything. But remember, Ansem possessed Riku and saw his experiences in real time."
"So? That could only tell him so much. How did he know I would be here today?"
"Simple."

Right. My argument is that Robed Figure was able to locate that point in time in the first place by having access to Riku.
You forgot an important bit of that quote that comes right after "simple": "Kairi!" It's done in a way that can easily be misunderstood or overlooked, but I think that sequence was implying that Kairi was how the Norts were able to locate Sora at that specific place and time. Apprenticenort sent her out into the sea of worlds so that she could lead him to a Keyblade wielder. This bit of info actually is NOT a retcon, because this was mentioned back in the KH1 Ansem Reports.

Riku's possession had something to do with this, but it was by tracking Kairi that the Norts were able to find Sora at that exact moment.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Haha... I'm starting to remember how confusing this whole part was. What a mess.

You forgot an important bit of that quote that comes right after "simple": "Kairi!" It's done in a way that can easily be misunderstood or overlooked, but I think that sequence was implying that Kairi was how the Norts were able to locate Sora at that specific place and time. Apprenticenort sent her out into the sea of worlds so that she could lead him to a Keyblade wielder. This bit of info actually is NOT a retcon, because this was mentioned back in the KH1 Ansem Reports.

Riku's possession had something to do with this, but it was by tracking Kairi that the Norts were able to find Sora at that exact moment.

Oh thank god you replied with that, I was trying to figure out a way to quickly make that same point. I had always interpreted that scene to mean exactly that, Xehanort knew because he was the one who sent Kairi there hoping she'd lead him to a future Keyblade Wielder.

How long do you guys believe season 2 will be? The same length as season 1? Longer? Shorter?

Personally, I think people are putting too much stock into the term "season." I think Nomura was just trying to quantify how the story is split, not saying the entire game will have a similar structure. I kind of get the feeling that they have a loose plan that can change depending on how popular Unchained X is and what kind of retention the game has.

Luxu

Awards
How long do you guys believe season 2 will be? The same length as season 1? Longer? Shorter?

Don't really know, but the split from KHx happens at that point. as for gameplay, our {Player} is going to have to stay alive somehow, either by the power of Kingdom Hearts or Ephemera and Skuld rescuing us at the last second, or we play as a random Dandelion

But I would assume the length would be much longer, as they won't have the deadline of December.

Personally, I think people are putting too much stock into the term "season." I think Nomura was just trying to quantify how the story is split, not saying the entire game will have a similar structure. I kind of get the feeling that they have a loose plan that can change depending on how popular Unchained X is and what kind of retention the game has.

All we know is that the story goes onwards from that point on, that is where the story of KHx and KHuX spilt. From what we know "season one" of KHuX is following the events of KHx, then at "season two" it spilts. Either it is Unchained, and the events keep repeating and the goal is to escape, and the {Player} pulls off a Sora from KH1. Or something else happens, like them awakening 7 generations before BBS inside the Land of Departure?

Point is, we just have to wait and KHuX story of "season one" ends December.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
So is there supposed to be a story update this month? I haven't seen or heard of one for August.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member

I'm antsy on that -- Ansem certainly *tried* to do that, but Nomura was adamant that that's not what actually led Kairi to Sora, and it was instead the charm Aqua placed on her that she would find "a light to protect her", not necessarily a Keyblade wielder.

In any case, I was reading the Memorial Ultimania today, and the Xehanort diagram is the clincher -- it talks about how at the same time Sora was marked with the Recusant's Sigil, that Xehanort puts on those he wants to make his vessels, he also became "a portal" that allowed Xehanort's incarnations to enter the Sleeping Worlds. Which is entirely too close to "you can time travel to where a version of you exists" to deny. It also states that the sigil is why they are *always* able to track him.

It really, really sounds like the exact mechanism I've been describing with regards to using time-web viability to check whether someone will become a vessel.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm antsy on that -- Ansem certainly *tried* to do that, but Nomura was adamant that that's not what actually led Kairi to Sora, and it was instead the charm Aqua placed on her that she would find "a light to protect her", not necessarily a Keyblade wielder.

What actually lead Kairi to Destiny Islands is entirely beside the point.
Ansem Report 11 said:
I have chosen a girl. I don't know if she holds the princesses' powers, but I will find out. She may lead me to the key bearer.
I shall set her free and observe.
What's important is that Apprenticenort believed that Kairi might lead him to a wielder, and flung her out into interworld space so he could "observe" where she ended up. Thus leading him to Destiny Islands and, by coincidence or not, two future Keyblade wielders.
In any case, I was reading the Memorial Ultimania today, and the Xehanort diagram is the clincher -- it talks about how at the same time Sora was marked with the Recusant's Sigil, that Xehanort puts on those he wants to make his vessels, he also became "a portal" that allowed Xehanort's incarnations to enter the Sleeping Worlds. Which is entirely too close to "you can time travel to where a version of you exists" to deny. It also states that the sigil is why they are *always* able to track him.

It really, really sounds like the exact mechanism I've been describing with regards to using time-web viability to check whether someone will become a vessel.

The exact mechanics of the Recusant's Sigil have been left fairly ambiguous so it's hard to draw decisive conclusions from it...
But from what I'm gathering, are you suggesting that Sora will get Norted eventually no matter what? It's been a month or so and I can't clearly recall your "time-web" argument, unfortunately.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
But from what I'm gathering, are you suggesting that Sora will get Norted eventually no matter what? It's been a month or so and I can't clearly recall your "time-web" argument, unfortunately.

With the revelations of how the Gazing Eye works the same as how I was suggesting this works, yes, I'm arguing that Xehanort has some sort of access to his future vessels similar to the Master of Masters. The phrasing of Ansem possessing Riku allowing him to be connected to what Riku saw is too close.

Maybe he doesn't know full details, like who will do what, but we know Xehanort possesses an artifact that sets up a similar timeweb to what I was suggesting, and we have the game using specific phrasing for Ansem similar to how the MXblade's timeweb works. That's pretty on the nose -- the simplest interpretation is that, like the Master of Masters, Xehanort has some knowledge of what his vessels will know, and so knows who will become his vessel.

Maybe that's Sora, Ven, Roxas, Xion, Vanitas, Sora's Heartless, whatever. How much an "offshoot" counts as the same vessel is unclear -- could Ansem see through Riku Replica's eyes, for example? The sympathetic effect here is still very much open for Nomura to define. But definitely, KH3D and Back Cover basically necessitate that in some way, a "Sora" will become a vessel.

Xehanort having access to the Gazing Eye's powers, or even the Book of Prophecies itself, would also totally explain why Xemnas chose not to use his Keyblade -- either Xehanort trying to usurp the Master's plan for his own ends/doesn't use it because it was foretold he wouldn't use it, or it's Terra fighting back against both of them. In addition, it would totally explain why Xehanort always seems to have a backup plan -- if he can literally see the future, planning is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back