• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts X[chi]: Ephemera and the Non-Existent World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The connection between Kingdom Hearts X[chi] and the main series becomes all the more clear with each passing day. What began with the Book of Prophecy and the Foretellers has now expanded to the existence of the world itself.

Yesterday on Christmas Day, X[chi] received several new story missions taking place in Daybreak Town. These missions introduced a brand new character, Ephemera, a Keyblade wielder from an opposing team. We first met Ephemera when we witnessed him battling an Invisible in Daybreak Town. Believing that ourmeeting was an act of fate, he offered us some unbelievable information.

All this time, we've been defeating Heartless and gathering Lux for our unions, but we've never once questioned what or why we were doing so. We had been told at the very beginning that the Lux we were collecting were fragments of Light of various worlds that we had been visiting. However, Lux are simply fragments of Light from only one world, Daybreak Town

Dwarf Woodlands, Wonderland, Agrabah, Olympus... those worlds were all illusions. They were never really there.

Ephemera explains that there are countless worlds that exist within Daybreak Town, and compares them to that of holographic images. Because it would be impossible to literally go to all of those worlds to collect Lux, a non-existent world was created to make that possible.

Ephemera had entered that world to investigate its structure, and figure out just what was going on in the illusionary worlds. He proposes that the source of those worlds is none other than the Book of Prophecies that each of the Foretellers possess, but the answer is why?

Why were these worlds created?
Why are we fighting over for Lux?
Why are we doing anything and never once questioning it?

He had entered this world to uncover those mysteries, but has since only discovered that the goal of each Union differs from one another. 

It is here when we recall that strange dream we had of the Foretellers meeting with the figure in the Black Coat. With his curiosity piqued, Ephemera suggests that we try to make our way into the tower where that dream took place.

As we depart for the tower, our Chirithy as well as Ephemera's appear, with his possessing darker fur. Our Chirithy suspects that this meeting was a set up by the other, and remarks that his fur color has changed since their last encounter. Ephemera's Chirithy does not deny the accusation, and simply states that we are getting closer to the truth, whatever that may be.

You can view the scene below with English subtitles, thanks to goldpanner!

With such important revelations being introduced through Kingdom Hearts X[chi], it's important that all fans worldwide be able to experience the game for themselves. We encourage everyone to show Square Enix that there is support for a localised version of Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] by using the hashtag #ChiToTheWest on Twitter and Facebook!

Axel92

Awards
Those gray hair... She is obviously................ Kairi's Grandmother =P

I think ehe meaning of her name play a big role here...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Makes me wonder if we'll visit the real Daybreak Town in Kingdom Hearts 3. It seems to be implying it. Who would've thought Chirithy with different colored fur would be significant lol.

Keyslinger

Reminds me of the line sora says in the opening of the original game. "I've been having these weird thoughts lately,like is any of this for real or not?"

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
The thing that boogles me the most during my translation is: 今いる世界はすべて地続きで、無数の世界が存在している。

It literally meant that "there are countless worlds that are connected to this world by land". This is a world-to-world connection that I have never come across in this series.

There is another instance where the game gave vague information. When they said: それらの世界は立体映像のような幻.
This described the fairytale worlds as 3D images (I used holographs in my translation). The term they used is a very technological. They could have alike it to manifestations or summons but they used the term holographs instead.

The entire scene is talking about all the light they have been collecting comes from "this world". But this world is being made too large due to it being connected to so many others, so "this place" has been made to enable the collection from faraway areas. What could "this world" and "this place" be? Chi and Daybreak Town? Daybreak Town and a part of Daybreak Town? Or something else?

Is Daybreak Town & Chi real or data or both? Mickey and gang has unintentionally crash landed in Daybreak Town once before, how did it happen?

Most important of all, "Ephemera". Does the actual word "Ephemera" provides a solid explanation/theory on who "Ephemera" really is? Note that the character Ephemera is wearing a costume that no other Chi players have, besides the Starlight Keyblade.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
OMG this is incredible. I would have never thought of this and I'm not even sure if I fully understand this. could this relate to the story how there was only really one world and then the fight over the light divided it? Also does anyone see the resemblance of this new character to xehanort? Sorry if this was already mentioned...

Still this is really cool to find out!

YukiYashaH

Awards
Oh my god, what a nice work there, that video! :O Thanks Kazr and Sign for the hard work!
I really don't know what to think, so I'd rather wait it out to know hahah </3

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It literally meant that "there are countless worlds that are connected to this world by land". This is a world-to-world connection that I have never come across in this series.
Well, we do know that the World before the Keyblade War was a large, connected mass. It could be referring to that, using "world" to refer to, er... the other worlds connected to Daybreak Town. Or, the places that would become worlds after the War.

There is another instance where the game gave vague information. When they said: それらの世界は立体映像のような幻.
This described the fairytale worlds as 3D images (I used holographs in my translation). The term they used is a very technological. They could have alike it to manifestations or summons but they used the term holographs instead.
DATA WORLD CONFIRMED

The entire scene is talking about all the light they have been collecting comes from "this world". But this world is being made too large due to it being connected to so many others, so "this place" has been made to enable the collection from faraway areas. What could "this world" and "this place" be? Chi and Daybreak Town? Daybreak Town and a part of Daybreak Town? Or something else?
I think "this world" is the World, and "this place" is Daybreak Town, which I'm starting to feel will become the battlefield of the War, and be completely destroyed, leaving nothing but a graveyard littered with Keys. It may be that the Foretellers want the Players to be concentrated and in a controlled environment.
Mickey and gang has unintentionally crash landed in Daybreak Town once before, how did it happen?
Well, if the worlds we visit are being created by the Book of Prophecies, perhaps that's how Mickey and co. showed up as well?

Narxus

I see. This is interesting. Originally when 2.5 came out, it was mentioned that the Book of Prophecies was capable of creating illusion worlds. It was speculated that the world of Chi was an illusion which is why they could interact with future characters such as Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, because they would be "real" while the Chi player was an "illusion". Now, it seems that the opposite is true, that the Book of Prophecies has created these fake worlds featuring characters from the future for the real Player to traverse and create Lux.

And then there's Ephemera. Now here's where the real questions are raised. The first question of course being: does this character mean something, or is he just some throwaway character. If it's the latter, then it must be wondered: who is he? Is he who he says he is? Does he have an agenda of his own? Why is his Chirishii have darker fur then the Player's? How did he discover the true nature of the worlds and the Book of Prophecies? This is really a character I can't wait to see more of

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Still we have two Daybreak Towns in the game, the one from the hub and the one from the world selection screen (maybe even the 1st Anniversary version).
Doesn't this mean that the Daybreak Town we're adventuring in is also a holographic illusion?

roxasbrother1993

Ephemra in greek εφήμερος, means something temporal, or something/someone that lives a day. Also, is it confirmed that the kid is a he and not a she?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Ephemra in greek εφήμερος, means something temporal, or something/someone that lives a day. Also, is it confirmed that the kid is a he and not a she?
Ephemera uses the pronoun 俺, which is masculine.

Of course, it's not uncommon for a Japanese game to pull the ol' switcheroo with a mysterious character's gender. And "Ephemera" does sound pretty feminine.
But I don't see why they'd bother with that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He's such a Kaworu-looking character. Effeminate, mysterious, knows a lot of stuff that most shouldn't know, wind-tossed silver hair, dark cat...(Rofl originally Kaworu was supposed to have a cat)

If this kid transforms into something beyond human, I'm going to cry.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Whoa! This is...whoa!

So...this means data worlds were created from the Book of Prophecies in order to pull the Light fragments of Daybreak Town from their real counterparts, yes? So maybe Mickey an' crew crash landing into Daybreak Town was due to the Book pulling them in. And if the players are also data, it'd explain why we never question anything.

Ah, gathering Lux. Well, if they're pieces of Daybreak Town then to gather them would I assume mean it's in order to restore the real Daybreak Town. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the Keyblade Graveyard, maybe?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Axel92

Awards
As many have pointed it out, imho there is a strong connection between daybreak town and keyblade graveyard.. As they are the same place with the latter be the aftermath of keyblade war!

HaruTheDemon

Or we could all just agree that CHI is not connected to anything in the Series at all O:

Not to hate or something, but people getting angry when their theories arent true in the end-

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Or we could all just agree that CHI is not connected to anything in the Series at all O:

Not to hate or something, but people getting angry when their theories arent true in the end-
Well we could try to do that but Chi is going to have canon elements, if not eventually be entirely canon because Nomura, which will tie into KH3 whether people like it or not lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Then you will believe it is a shame that Nomura has already confirmed Chi is going to be tied to KH3. He's been personally handling the scenarios within Chi for awhile now in order to build on their connection.

Translated: Tetsuya Nomura's Interview with Famitsu - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Not to mention the inclusion of the Book of Prophecy scene in Re:coded HD Theater...

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Well we could try to do that but Chi is going to have canon elements, if not eventually be entirely canon because Nomura, which will tie into KH3 whether people like it or not lol.
Considering we now have an explanation for the Disney worlds, I'd say that it's already entirely canon.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
We don't have an explanation for the Emblem Heartless yet though. Even if the hub is the real Daybreak Town and the one from the world selection is another illusion there are still the raid bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back