• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts X[chi] 3rd Anniversary Key Art Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-prays there's a feature in kh3 where we can leave the hoods up, or that they'll at least where them in some cutscenes/environments that calls for them: hello, arendelle-

But I love how Sora, Riku, and Kairi all have hoods and are matching in some way! (Because I'd like to believe that Kairi has those buttons herself, but that we just can't see them in this image. That's so adorable!)

Also, FREAKIN' KAIRI IS HERE!!!! And better yet: she's standing beside Sora and Riku?!?!?!?!! I need a moment. This possibly hinting at actual Riku and Kairi interaction? And even more for Sora and Kairi (because even though they need it less than Riku and Kairi, and Kairi needs to develop with people outside of Sora, they've only had, like, three conversations this entire series, so their relationship could also use some work)?

Thank you, Square Enix, thank you Nomura, thank you Disney! Thank you that this maybe hints that Kairi might actually be important in KHIII, and be allowed to do stuff for once. -gets on the ground and bows to them- Maybe some of that KairiNeedsLove2K15/2K16 and Kai4KH3 stuff on Tumblr actually worked!

Though tbh, I'm kind of disappointed that her outfits looks so much like her 2 one (at least in this picture), but the hood is cute and it at least seems to have more thought/detail than her KHII one did, so I'm not complaining (especially since this might link her to Ava, or hint that Unchained Key is Kairi's dream like that one theory says?).

But it's so exciting that people are going to have something new to draw where she's concerned! So far, we've only had her four-year-old look, her KH1 outfit, her two KH2 ones, the one in the KH1 secret ending, and the Chi second anniversary art for her and that's it. Compare that to the bajillion outfits that Sora alone has had, and this is really refreshing...

Though it almost seems like Nomura was inspired by some fanartists for Kairi's look (and Shiki again, giving even more evidence that Shiki was a Kairi expy, maybe).

But I'm gushing too much about Kairi! Let's talk about everyone else! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Riku's new look. I didn't think I'd want his hair to grow back out, as I preferred his KH3D style, but I'm loving this. It's a happy medium between his 1 and 2 hair, imo.

This is also his best ensemble in the franchise, imo (like Sora's KH3 one is for him, and maybe even Kairi's KH3 look is for her, though the jury's still out on that one for me; I might still prefer her KH1 to this, one but we'll see). It just embodies him and his arc SO well, with the equal shares of light and darkness displayed here.

The fact that Ven's gotten a new outfit (and the inclusion of Ven in general) has me really curious, and it gives me hope that everyone will be getting new attire. At least those with the Recusant Sigil on them, anyway. Lord knows that they need it.

And is it me, or does it look like Skuld's hair got cut here? Kairi's hair is also a bit shorter. Maybe these two will be best buddies in 3, and bond over their new bobs. I sure wouldn't complain, if that was the case! We need more girl interaction in this saga!:)

But in any case, Ephemera, Skuld, and Chirithy being uber important to III confirmed? (Kind of already figured that, tbh, but this only adds more fuel to the fire.)

But back to the theory about Ven maybe actually being from the Keyblade War, and maybe having his heart shattered before, I would just like to say that you could argue that Aced could've shattered Gula's heart in the new trailer, maybe, and if the Rebirth theory is true... Then well, there you go^^

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also, I just have to point out that there are seven people here, and supposedly there are seven Guardians of Light.

@Lunafreya And don't forget that Ven's in the art! (But I totally don't blame you for forgetting him in your post comparing the past key arts to this one, though. I did the same thing when reblogging this on Tumblr. Haha. Poor Ven. How could anyone ever forget about you?)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Do we have any reasonable implications towards that this is indeed more than an "aesthetic celebration" (and possible stealth reveal of new outfits) or is this just a gut feeling?

You just said it yourself, it’s a stealth reveal of Riku and Kairi’s new outfits. That alone is beyond an aesthetic celebration. Plus, with the 3’s double meaning of third anniversary and Kingdom Hearts III, it must have a subtle connection to Kingdom Hearts III in some context. The first anniversary image was Kingdom Hearts had Sora, Riku and Kairi recoloured and drawn over to look like Mickey Donald and Goofy, the second anniversary image had Sora and Kairi in their Kingdom Hearts II appearance with their outfits swapped with Roxas and Namine. Now we come to this image, the previous two anniversary images were themed towards the respective numbered Kingdom Hearts. This is no different.

What does Aqua's 0.2 Birth by Sleep chapter have to do with x[chi]'s 3rd anniversary? Strictly spoken she has no more business than Ven to be on this art piece. Also, Ventus isn't "out of place" with the rest of the characters at all or have you forgotten that he's very closely connected with Sora?

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is being released around Kingdom Hearts X third year anniversary, plus, there’s also the fact that 2.8 contains Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover: a part of Kingdom Hearts X. That alone would be a validation for Aqua to be there. And yes, Ventus is still out of place with the rest of the characters. Sure, he’s connected to Sora but so is Roxas, Xion and Vanitas. Why is he randomly selected, when quite clearly, Roxas would be more ideal as he’s more popular and is Sora’s nobody?

There might be a theme going on like this however as we might eventually get another art piece down the line where only Terra is featured with a group of characters he's apparently "out of place" with.

I struggle to see what theme Ventus fits with beyond the association with Ephemera and Skuld. If we was to be positioned on the left side near Riku, or next to Kairi then I would have not associated him with Ephemera and Skuld, but because he’s clearly near them in the right hand side (a side that is all X characters so far for a Kingdom Hearts X anniversary artwork). And as far as Terra goes, I highly doubt… actually, I’d outright say that it’s unlikely that Terra would be featured “out of place” for artwork like Ventus is (at least, not until official Kingdom Hearts III promotional art comes). This isn’t artwork out of the blue, this is artwork celebrating Kingdom Hearts X. It has significance.

According to Xehanort in his reports Ventus was "too benign for his own good", that doesn't sound like a darkness-fueled rebellious dark character with asshole personality-tendencies.

I never theorised that Ventus was outright evil, just that he had darkness harbouring in his heart. Ventus is a character prone to memory loss and a shattered heart, Xehanort wanted to train him: that much was certain. I can’t really speculate Master Xehanort and Ventus’ relationship from this picture, I just feel as though that Ventus being part of the X trio may have been an unbeknownst (or known) added bonus of Master Xehanort wanting to train Ventus under his wing.

Well, this particular "trio" is more of an fan-invention up to now as we never see all three together even once, but theoretically this possibility is indeed there.

Of course, I’m not saying that what I said is outright facts. It’s theorising. I just feel as though that theoretical possibility is definitely there. Ventus has a mysterious past before Eraqus and his connection to that past through Skuld and Ephemera may be a clue to solving that mystery.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
The only connection I see between Ephemer, Skuld, and Ventus is that they could be considered the "Keyblade Graveyard trio".

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm tempted to stop calling SRK "the Destiny Trio" and refer to them as the "Hoodie Trio" from here on out.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
@Alpha Baymax If you're right about Ven living during the Keyblade War, and being Player, it would kind of fit what we've seen so far.

I mean, first we were introduced to Roxas, that Days made clear was in a trio with Axel and Xion (and we already even knew about the Axel side of it in II). And even before Days, we got the BbSFM secret ending where we saw who we believed to be Roxas having a previous life and trio.

Of course Ven and Roxas are completely different people, but they are connected.

Maybe it's just becoming a thing, that a lot of the major trios have some sort of Ven or Roxas doppelganger in them?

I mean, Nomura did it twice already, so why not again? Especially since three would be the perfect number for this (for obvious reasons), and the series already celebrates that number with its trios.

Plus, Nomura loves him some parallels and crazy plot twists.

@BlackOsprey Do it, friend. This fandom does crazy things when we get hyped--like calling this fandom the "traindom"--so why not this, too? LOL.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Hoodies rule. Join the Hoodie appreciation club.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm loving Ventus a little.
I'm also loving Riku a damn lot.
And Kairi looks adorable.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Yes, Riku looks the best and will always look the best! Er- *cough* what were you saying? Yeah...... Kairi is adorable or whatever. So yeah anyways, love the new Riku though! =w= *thumbs up*

.xone

Awards
I just realized that Zephyr art really resemble Nomura style (BTW, I just see that art day ago). And seeing Ventus or possibly Roxas there makes me (pretty much) hype for Nomura next artwork.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I just realized that Zephyr art really resemble Nomura style (BTW, I just see that art day ago). And seeing Ventus or possibly Roxas there makes me (pretty much) hype for Nomura next artwork.

You are absolutely right, friend. OMG. I feel like Zephyr actually figured out what Nomura's art style was transitioning into (this) before he himself did! o_0

Good on you, Zephyr. Good on you for being psychic and super talented:D Seriously.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, FREAKIN' KAIRI IS HERE!!!! And better yet: she's standing beside Sora and Riku?!?!?!?!! I need a moment. This possibly hinting at actual Riku and Kairi interaction? And even more for Sora and Kairi (because even though they need it less than Riku and Kairi, and Kairi needs to develop with people outside of Sora, they've only had, like, three conversations this entire series, so their relationship could also use some work)?

They are always together on art when it is the Destiny Trio.

Thank you, Square Enix, thank you Nomura, thank you Disney! Thank you that this maybe hints that Kairi might actually be important in KHIII, and be allowed to do stuff for once. -gets on the ground and bows to them- Maybe some of that KairiNeedsLove2K15/2K16 and Kai4KH3 stuff on Tumblr actually worked!

Well, again Kairi is usually on the art where the trio is concerned like in KH1 and KH2. It doesn't really confirm anything. Not to mention she's been on every anniversary card since the first one.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sorry to be that guy, but I really wish the intros would leave out anything story related that's not under a spoiler cut. I consider myself pretty far in the story, but I haven't met a Skuld character yet, and here we're referring to her in past tense, among other events in the plot. I realize we are talking about X and not Unchained X, but I just wanted to look at some art yo...

Anyways. NICE ART. NICE COSTUMES. <3

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
@Master Spockanort Yeah, but I've just gotten to this point where I don't expect Kairi to be in anything, so I won't be disappointed that way. But I really probably should stop it. They've been doing really well with her and the KH girls in general lately:)

I think that SE has heard our complaints, but more than that: that Nomura's probably always had some pretty big plans for Kairi in 3.

But still... old habits are hard to break, but I'm going to try and be more positive now. Square Enix ARE leaps and bounds from where they have been in the past with how they've handled the girls, I mean. And that's certainly something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back