• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Wired Controller for Xbox One Coming December 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

PDP have announced that they will be creating and releasing a Kingdom Hearts III inspired Xbox One controller that is designed to work on Xbox One and Windows 10. The controller costs $34.99 USD and will be released on December 4th 2018.

Celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts III with the officially licensed Kingdom Hearts Controller for Xbox One.

With a sleek design featuring artwork from the popular franchise, non-slip grips, and textured trigger and shoulder buttons, you’ll have all the gear you’ll need to restore peace to the realms.

Enhance gameplay with vibration feedback and give yourself plenty of room to get comfortable with the 10 foot detachable cable.

It’s time to join Sora and his friends on their next adventure!

Features

• Officially licensed by Disney and Square Enix
  • Dual textured trigger and shoulder buttons
  • Compatible with Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Windows 10
  • Dual rumble motors
  • Detachable 10 foot cable
  • 3.5 mm headset jack with onboard audio controls
  • Compatible with the PDP Control Hub - a free application on Xbox One and Windows 10 that lets you customize your controller

Highlights
Experience why PDP is #1 in 3rd party controllers with the PDP Wired Controller for Xbox One & Windows. With a sleek design, non-slip grips, and textured trigger and shoulder buttons, you’ll easily crush the competition and look good doing it. Enhance gameplay with vibration feedback and the audio control button located directly on the front of the controller, so you can adjust game and chat audio levels without interruptions. Plug in your headset to the 3.5mm audio jack and you’re ready to chat with friends. The 10 foot detachable cable gives you plenty of room to get comfortable.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You had me at special edition KH controller.

& then you lost me at wired & XBox.

Squall Strife

I don't own an Xbox One so I'm definitely not going to buy this even though I want to. One of the very few times where it pays to be an Xbox fan.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You had me at special edition KH controller.

& then you lost me at wired & XBox.
I'm a bit confused on the decision to have it be wired, but I'm not too familiar with third party controllers and if this is how they have to be made and it's not something I'm keen on actually researching and learning about aha.

Personally, it's not my style. I think the design is a bit busy and the gold may have been a bad choice to make, but if someone wants to buy it then they should. It's great to have a dedicated controller and for Xbox which has gotten the short end of the KH stick these last 6 years, then it is at least something.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah... I'm not feeling this one? Like, the symbols scattered everywhere really do not work in this case and the gold seems tacky.
Also, Xbox, huh? Well, I guess if it still works with a PC...

also, italian trivia: it's funny to see the PDP logo because that's the acronym for Scrooge McDuck's italian name.
So in my mind Scroog is the one behind this promotion.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm just surprised it's not plaid.

I don't mind the symbols, but I think the KH3 logo looks awful at that size.

also, italian trivia: it's funny to see the PDP logo because that's the acronym for Scrooge McDuck's italian name.So in my mind Scroog is the one behind this promotion.

First ice cream and now controllers. What crazy scheme will Scrooge come up with next?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I like the design. You can still use the controller for PC Gaming if you don't own an Xbox One.

Veevee

Awards
Not fond of this, actually. Plastering the symbols all over the place looks kinda messy and is not too nice to look at and the Gold doesn't really fit Kingdom Hearts - yeah, I know the two Kingdom Keys have golden parts, but this just doesn't impress me. I don't own an XBox anyway, so nothing missed.

TheZX

Awards
It doesn't look half bad. Also the wire is detachable in case any of you decided to only read the title. It'd be nice to have for PC but I actually do prefer PS4's controllers over any other.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's both hideous and not as hideous as I expected.

I'll take a PS4 one.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
It's just...ugly. A bad design and while I understand Sony is more strict when it comes to third party controllers, it seems an odd choice for XB. Kind of like when they tried to promote FFXIII and Vesperia on XB and it didn't really work.
Even if it was for PS4, though, I wouldn't be getting it. It's just trying too hard and ends up a mess. I'd give it a 5/10.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Give me wires over battery-eating any day.

The symbols are okay? I don't hate them but I don't like them either. Having the logo there is just a bad decision.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Square Enix Manager : "Throw that design out, it's bad. We'll go with the current design for the upcoming PS4 Pro bundle"

Square Enix Employee : "Yessir!"

*months later*

Square Enix : "Introducing the Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro Bundle!"

Microsoft Manager - Xbox Devision : "Well what about us? Are we chop liver?"

Square Enix Manager to Square Enix Employee : "Resurrect that bad design. Microsoft wishes to be included."

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I don't hate that too bad; I'd considered going Xbox controller for my PC btw if my PC Dual Shock 3 with unofficial driver stopped working. (Every time there's a major update now a days I have to reinstall the thing.)

So we'll see on that. ^^

Neo_

Awards
As long as it charges while it's plugged in, the cable is removable so it's no issue (and better that way). I'm not crazy about the busy design either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back