• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts...why hate it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
A simple question really, I want to know why so many were disappointed in certain or all kh games after the first??

Please do not flame others in this thread, thank you.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kingdomhearts...why hate it?

Same reason you'd hate anything else I suppose.

Can't please everybody

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

I get that you can't please everyone but I'm just saying what don't they like about the game specifically. Like is the gameplay far too easy, or the story got too complicated, etc.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

My fovorite is KH1: FM, but I hate the way some people who think it's the best game in the series look down on people who don't share their opinion.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Are people not allowed to think that way about something?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KH2's gameplay was too easy and the script was mediocre. Days' story was one that didn't necessarily need to exist which makes it easy to attack. BBS' story seemed too short.

We are allowed to have our own opinions about the games. :/ There isn't any way to describe why we dislike it for those reasons, but we do.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Because of the fact that the franchise lost its original direction. Games since haven't brought forward the whole formula, but rather parts of it. Combat become so much of the focus that puzzle, platforming and exploration suffered quite a bit. Pretty much, KH2 to KH1 is like Invisible Wars to Deus Ex. A lot of elements were sacrificed or simplified.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

Are people not allowed to think that way about something?

I get that everyone has their own opinions and how it is impossible for everyone to like something but I was just curious as to why exactly people weren't getting into it anymore.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

It's plot is too complicated for newcomers, and it's own good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's plot is too complicated for newcomers, and it's own good.

The plot is hardly complicated. I think at times it is overly simplified to stupidity. It's the way they presented everything to us that makes it seem "complicated". Relevant plot points aren't mentioned in the dialogue of the game. You have to read the reports and decipher their meaning in relation to the events in the game.

Then the other half of understanding comes in the interviews, where we should really be getting the meat of the games in the first place.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

The plot is hardly complicated. I think at times it is overly simplified to stupidity. It's the way they presented everything to us that makes it seem "complicated". Relevant plot points aren't mentioned in the dialogue of the game. You have to read the reports and decipher their meaning in relation to the events in the game.

Then the other half of understanding comes in the interviews, where we should really be getting the meat of the games in the first place.

Your right, but even Nomura admitted that it's difficult for newcomers to get into the series.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

The series as a whole has its flaws. Every game has something that can be nit picked to certain degrees and some fans are more forgiving then others. For some the positive things out way the negative while others see the flaws as too big a hampering and then there's the usual "opinionated" flaw were while a certain aspect is appreciated by some it may be disliked by others. Things like plot holes and mechanic quirks like the camera at times are general flaws that may bother some people more than others while things like the direction of the story and the battle systems are qualities that fans will battle over for all eternity.

Basically, like all things KH has its flaws and some fans are more critical about them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Your right, but even Nomura admitted that it's difficult for newcomers to get into the series.

Only because we are so far into the series and there are about six games to play in order to catch up. Not because it is complicated to understand.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Only because we are so far into the series and there are about six games to play in order to catch up. Not because it is complicated to understand.

Pretty much this. You don't need to be 'smart' to understand it. You just need to have money to understand it.

billyzanesucks

I don't feel that way myself, but I think I know why some people do. The main thing was probably the Disney-focused/styled story and concept. Disney characters and worlds were made much more important, and the story itself was very Disney-like and easy for everyone to understand. They dislike the way that the other games remove Disney as the main focus, and the plot becomes harder for them to understand. Other than that, people liked the exploration and interaction with the environment enabled by the first game, whereas now the gameplay focus is entirely on coming up with different battle systems.

My favorite part of the KH series is the story, so I care very little for Disney's part. Exploration is definitely something they could work on, but I think they're doing that with 3D already, since there will be much environment interaction, and probably many buildings.

Apollo

Silver Member

I waited a long time for KH2 and when I finally got it and played through it... I felt let down.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

That's why FF is so popular. Almost a different story every time, something new.

With Kingdom Hearts, it's just a load of complicated crap that no one will understand unless they've been a "fan" for as long as most of us have.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's why FF is so popular. Almost a different story every time, something new.

With Kingdom Hearts, it's just a load of complicated crap that no one will understand unless they've been a "fan" for as long as most of us have.

And I have to say it again that KH is not complicated. It isn't about being a long time fan. It is about being able to play all of the games on three (four if you take in account CoM) systems and actually connect the dots in the games.

Complicated is MGS. Complicated is Zelda's continuity. KH is simple in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back