• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: What happens next?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Kingdom Hearts is loved by many, so course all of us are thinking what could be next for the franchise, so I thought I'd separate it into two questions:

Story/What next's after three - Xehanort's story will (hopefully) comes to a close after Three, so what the direction the series goes is anyone's guess. Regardless, what would like the story to go into? What themes or story ideas do you want to see? Do you want them to continue to make number titles or are subtitles enough for you? Or will they keep their practice; a major game is a number on console, a spin-off is a subtitle on handheld? Or do you want the rest of KH to be console based from now on?

I want more emphasis on light being used for selfish reasons. We have a lot of the the Keyblade War in general, the creation of keyblades, and even Eraqus who used light to try to kill Ventus. But I want a villain or maybe even an anti-hero who doesn't use light to help people. That would interesting. I would also like more emphasis on the status of Keyblade wielders, if there's a organization like the Jedi Council or something like that (something that was a big miss in BBS was not showing more keyblade wielders in the world) and also why Sora was claimed to the chosen one in KH1. Granted, that was more or less because Noruma didn't flesh out the story but I feel like it would help address that glaring plot point for continuity's sake.

(Oh yeah, and more final fantasy characters)

The Popularity of KH - Popularity has decreased for the series, for better or for worse. However, 3 might change all that depending on how widespread and good it is. Hopefully it can reach that but still, how do think the popularity of KH will be like after KH3? Do you except more merchandise and maybe even some more Disney representation? Maybe Disney will finally let Kingdom Hearts into more of the limelight then previous years. Maybe a movie or an animated series (I highly doubt that either way but still lol)

For me, I don't think the popularity will increase that much, even if the game is great. The gaming community in general has too much salt towards KH for many reasons. As far as Disney's side of things, it depends on how popular and widespread it can get to make Disney to see it more then just a video game franchise and push it out there more.

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: What's happens next?

I would like to see another series of the franchise but not having Xehanort in it because that geezer already has been in a full series he's claimed. I would like to see a few more origin story games that would show a more clearer picture of events of the past. But not TOO many origin games, we already have enough of those! xD

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days

Story/What next's after three - Xehanort's story will (hopefully) comes to a close after Three, so what the direction the series goes is anyone's guess. Regardless, what would like the story to go into? What themes or story ideas do you want to see? Do you want them to continue to make number titles or are subtitles enough for you? Or will they keep their practice; a major game is a number on console, a spin-off is a subtitle on handheld? Or do you want the rest of KH to be console based from now on?

This should be the end of the Xehanort saga as Nomura put it, so hopefully he keeps his promise! Haha but I'm hoping for Kairi to have more development and I like the idea of an antagonist who perhaps bumped into Xehanort on his time travels but has nothing to do with the organization, keyblade wielding, his affiliates, etc. Just like an old dear friend who learned all about what Kingdom Hearts was and thinks KH is the greatest evil of the world and seeks to destroy it or something to that nature. Also, I suspect they might explore the date escape concept more so I'd be interested in seeing the characters explore a more digital universes.

I want more emphasis on light being used for selfish reasons. We have a lot of the the Keyblade War in general, the creation of keyblades, and even Eraqus who used light to try to kill Ventus. But I want a villain or maybe even an anti-hero who doesn't use light to help people. That would interesting. I would also like more emphasis on the status of Keyblade wielders, if there's a organization like the Jedi Council or something like that (something that was a big miss in BBS was not showing more keyblade wielders in the world) and also why Sora was claimed to the chosen one in KH1. Granted, that was more or less because Noruma didn't flesh out the story but I feel like it would help address that glaring plot point for continuity's sake.

I like the idea of using the light for selfish reasons too, like the route they're exploring in Unchained.

Hmm a Keyblade Wielders Counsel, that could be interesting something tells me they'll get into this in KH3 though.

But about why Sora was chosen, don't we already know the reasoning especially with the information we were given with BBS and DDD? Or is there still speculation? Because for me it's pretty clear why he was quote on quote the "chosen" keyblade wielder.

The Popularity of KH - Popularity has decreased for the series, for better or for worse. However, 3 might change all that depending on how widespread and good it is. Hopefully it can reach that but still, how do think the popularity of KH will be like after KH3? Do you except more merchandise and maybe even some more Disney representation? Maybe Disney will finally let Kingdom Hearts into more of the limelight then previous years. Maybe a movie or an animated series (I highly doubt that either way but still lol)

The series is still quite popular, it's not on the billion dollar franchise level that Disney wants, but it's still performs very well on every platform they have ventured into. The side stories have been very successful on the other platforms, they're always some of the highest selling games on those different platforms, hence why they keep making them lol & you can get KH merchandise everywhere from online to multiple stores like Hot Topic (they ALWAYS have KH sections), Game Stop, Anime EXPO, multiple Japanese anime stores, etc. I think it's safe to say that KH is much more popular in North America than anywhere else, but still overall quite relevant in gaming culture. The anticipation for KH3 has been building since KH2, the game is going to sell well, you can guarantee that!

As for Disney representation, I believe in their specialty stores you can find KH merchandise but I think that's as far as they'll go for now. As you said it's relatively stagnant for Disney standards, the series needs to hit that billion dollar, high demand mark before they start to sell KH merch at Disney theme parks and stores, the big leagues.

I always liked the idea of a KH animated series, especially after reading the manga. I think it could work very well, especially on Disney XD, that would be exciting I think.

But yeah, KH can break more into Disney markets once it starts making that Star Wars money haha we shall see indeed. It'll especially be interesting to see where it goes post-Xehanort era.

TheRedMage

Isn't there a hidden traitor among the Foretellers? Unless the whole reincarnation theory turns out to be true, I'd love to see a plotline that has Sora combat the traitor across worlds as the traitor tries to destroy all sources of Lux. I'd also love to see the games be numbered, more spaced out, and on console. I couldn't stand to play the DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back