• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts VR Experience delayed to January 18th in Japan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Previously set to release December 25th, 2018, Kingdom Hearts VR Experience for PlayStation VR has been delayed to January 18th, 2019 and will receive further updates in Spring 2019.

During E3 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Square Enix announced Kingdom Hearts VR Experience, a free Playstation VR application that combines a beautiful visual experience with the iconic music of the Kingdom Hearts franchise to immerse fans in a 10-minute interactive video covering the history of the series. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Via 4Gamer

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wasn't this supposed to release like... within the next few days? Why not announce the delay earlier?
Also weird that the updates are being given a much larger delay.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wasn't this supposed to release like... within the next few days? Why not announce the delay earlier?
Also weird that the updates are being given a much larger delay.

I think they probably only just realized it wouldn't be ready in time probably because of something found during QA.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not surprised, they got flamed hard when we got the first look and saw how Kairi looked. People wouldn't let up lol so maybe they are wanting to refine it so people make them feel less shitty about it. Personally, I don't care if they look like PS2 graphics, I'm excited to be able to actually JUMP IN. I wonder what it's like playing KH2 in first person with the VR headset on. Hmmmm

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean...they didn't even look PS2 quality. There is something very mobile-esque about the models with the hard lines where there should be smooth curves. VR isn't the easiest to develop for but I think the PS4 + VR can handle smooth edges for the models. It's clear they could manage rendering KH3 models with Goofy without any issue, so it was weird the KH1 stuff seemed to look so rough.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean...they didn't even look PS2 quality. There is something very mobile-esque about the models with the hard lines where there should be smooth curves. VR isn't the easiest to develop for but I think the PS4 + VR can handle smooth edges for the models. It's clear they could manage rendering KH3 models with Goofy without any issue, so it was weird the KH1 stuff seemed to look so rough.

Yeah, so hopefully they're actually putting more effort into it :p

Neo_

Awards
I still wish this was VR CAST; everyone wins: an excuse to not only play one of the series' lost games (which everyone wants to forget exists), but also for the graphics to look like a flip phone.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I don’t think this bothers anyone *shrugs* #oops

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t think this bothers anyone *shrugs* #oops
It bothered me :(. I was looking forward to getting home on the 27th to download and play this, but I guess I can wait until January 18th because it’ll help pass the time until KH3 launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back