• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts VR Experience Announced at the PlayStation LineUp Tour

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Big meh. Give us pocket edition instead!!! Well, here's hoping this is released in video format on YouTube or implemented in KH3.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Already a better game than Union Cross. Don’t @ me.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well I have multiple friends with PS VR so I can just play it with them like I have for the few VR games I was interested in so far lol.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
But we are getting two performances from Utada’s “Laughter in the Dark” tour in the VR experience, so that is something
Is that directly connected to the KH thing or...how does that work? I got the impression they were just advertising these two things together and the tour songs (obviously Hikari and Chikai right) will be performed for VR at a specific TBD tour date live but now I'm confused.

Honestly they should just stream one of the dates live like they did for WILD LIFE 2010 but I only say that because I'm selfish and can't let Japan have anything exclusive with their J-Pop queen.

Already a better game than Union Cross. Don’t @ me.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They said we unlock new content, they didn't say that unlocked content would be free.

Neo_

Awards
Gameplay will probably only be a small part of it, but VCAST 2.0.

sephydark

Awards
Watch this thing include vitally important information not available anywhere else...

But honestly, why? KH never really seemed like a property that would be vastly improved by VR or anything like that.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
the preview during the presentation was legitimately awful, looked like a bad Unity fan project. The idea that something that aesthetically poor can wear the KH title, regardless of how much money it costs, is a little bit pathetic and quite embarrassing on SE's part.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the preview during the presentation was legitimately awful, looked like a bad Unity fan project. The idea that something that aesthetically poor can wear the KH title, regardless of how much money it costs, is a little bit pathetic and quite embarrassing on SE's part.

It’s a rushed product meant to “cash” in on KH, so to speak, by getting people to buy VR headsets. You can tell it’s probably had MAYBE a year of development on it. It is a shame because a VR experience could have been interesting and even exciting if it had been planned and built with more care.

I would hope that after KH3 they would take a minute to revisit it and completely overhaul it but we know they won’t.

AR829038

Awards
They should just call it Corporate Greed: the Kingdom Hearts Edition.

Seriously. I pray to God I don't have to give a shit about this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They should just call it Corporate Greed: the Kingdom Hearts Edition.

Seriously. I pray to God I don't have to give a shit about this.
How is it corporate greed for Square Enix when it's being released for free?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
How is it corporate greed for Square Enix when it's being released for free?
I'm not sure what AR829038 was referring to but it's probably worth noting that a Playstation VR Headset is decidedly not free at $300. Like Spockanort said, this game is obviously targeted to sell VR systems to KH fans who don't have them yet (like me! it won't work though), so for Sony at least, it's a cash grab. I don't know what Square gets out of it on their end, but it's probably safe to assume they didn't make the game to advertise Sony's stuff for nothing in return.

jahob000

The one thing that I can say for Kingdom Hearts is that they've always tried to do something new weather people ended up hating it or loving it. A lot of the games feel different. However, that can only be appreciated if TRUE effort went into it in order for the player to have a somewhat different experience.

I do agree that this came out of left field and makes no sense to me either. I mean I'd be willing to try it but seeing as how there was never any hints or information about this, it doesn't seem like a lot of effort is going into it. Like most of you are saying, this seems like a big cash grab (for Sony at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back