• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts V-CAST Game Files Ripped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

theimpatientsamurai

Awards
I'm planning on posting a bounty for the last chapter to be released. I've posted a bounty before for a lost game, and we've found someone who has it, it just needs widespread attention to find that person that has it. I found the previous Superscapes CEO and sent him a message on Linkedin, but he hasn't responded. I have someone I know that could make it more widespread, but I'll just have to see if they're willing to post about it. I'll add it to the video of the game working on those LG Devices.

kraze1984

Awards
Thank you so much for your post, you literally saved my life! It was 5+PWR while connected to the PC to get it into download mode, and I used my old windows 7 laptop and it injected the program no problem. 3d BREW games run great on it, including KH! I have the VX9200 env3 and the LG VX8800 Venus as well to test it on, I'm just waiting on the charger to ship to me and I'll make a post on what I found to work for me with everything.
I'm bogged with college at the moment, but I'll post within the next couple weeks on everything, as well as update the directory with the drivers and extra programs I've found, and remove some of the duplicate files that were listed in the directory (and remove the password lock on one of the RAR's I've found, "BREW_by_Straces" pass is "Straces", apologies!)

If anyone else has Brew games and wants to add them to the archive, I'd be more than happy to add and credit you. I'm hoping to make the collection as large as possible and maintain it/ organize it to the best of my ability. (right now it's got everything, but I have plans to organize it, and translate all the Korean game filenames, whilst keeping originals for archival sake.)
Well, all the stuff is already on archive.org, but any mirrors are welcome.
Also we have a Discord server where new finds are usually posted.

kraze1984

Awards
Kahvibreak Discord is mainly dedicated to J2ME preservation, as well as to other lesser known feature phone platforms like BREW, WIPI, ExEn, Mophun, MRE, i-mode etc.

theimpatientsamurai

Awards
Quick update on BREW phones:
-Planning on a huge overview of BREW itself, it's history, and what phones work to get BREW unsigned apps running along with the bounty for the last chapter.

Phones I found to work so far:

Casio G'zone Raving 2: WORKS - (Obviously) Runs BREW games at full-speed, feels great to play, available in mass on ebay, runs off of SD, so no storage limit or need for external programs to load in games. MOST recommended out of every phone.
LG VX8610 (Decoy): WORKS - Works with every game, runs with less frames than C781, Joystick is good, but deceptive as it only allows one direction at a time. Really nice, but expensive, and hard to find. If you have one though, it's a good option.
LG VX8800 (Venus): WORKS - Runs at same speed as Decoy, works with all games, but it has a touchscreen for buttons, which makes it difficult to play some 3D games. Very difficult to find as well, so I can't recommend this one.
LG VX9100 (env2): WORKS - Runs every game I put into it, and this phone is the only phone in landscape that runs BREW. Controls are awkward for games that use numpad, as buttons are on top, but it's currently the only way to play games in landscape. Widely available on Ebay as well, and affordable. Would definitely recommend if you want landscape gameplay, and don't mind the difficult controls.
LG VX9200 (env3): DOESN'T WORK - I tried to install the patched BIN file with the VX9200 DLL from the LG DLL repo, but the program wouldn't recognize it no matter what I tried, even forcing it in to work. I looked up installable MSI versions and other .DLL's for it, and I could only find the same DLL that's part of the DLL repo. I can't get the BIN on it without it, so for now, this option is a no-go. Can't recommend this phone.
LG VX5400: N/A (will test once it arrives, but is stated to only work with 2D games)
LG VX8350: N/A (will test once it arrives, but it should work with everything)

It'll take time to make the video on everything, so it will probably be a while until I update again, but those are my thoughts on ways to play KH in case you wanted to use something other than the C781.

Last edited:

kraze1984

Awards
I will verify the vx9200 - I have that phone now.
I verified - the OP did not install all the necessary files.

Last edited:

theimpatientsamurai

Awards
Quick update (again):
Both phones arrived, and I found out some results:
LG VX5400: Contrary to the Wiki article, this phone DOES indeed play Kingdom hearts, even though it's a 3D Game! However, other 3D games I tried like Bioshock, and Midnight Pool, don't work. Bioshock crashes immediately upon leaving the main menu, and Midnight Pool doesn't format itself to the correct resolution. The issue might be that Bioshock also can't handle the tiny resolution of the phone's screen, which is why it crashes, or the most likely case, there isn't enough working memory in the phone to handle such a large amount of assets at the same time. Kingdom hearts runs slightly slower than other phones as well, but it works, even with the small screen. It's a cheap phone, and widely accessible as well, so if you're only planning on playing only KH, I'd definitely look into this one.

LG VX8350: Doesn't work for me unfortunately. When attempting to use either LGNPST or LGDownload to get the data off the phone before downloading the bin, I get an error saying it couldn't connect to the phone (even with multiple .dll's I found online for it) I even bought multiple phones to test and they all had the same issue. I might be doing something wrong, but the same process worked for every other phone, so not sure about the reason why this doesn't work. I'd say to skip out on this one for now as well, as there's other working options you'd be better off pursuing.

That's all of the BREW phones (to my knowledge) that can run unsigned BREW games, so hopefully this helps others when looking into options to play KH! :D

Delta-47

Awards
I was trying to hunt down a Zeebo but I want to try first with buying a Casio G'zone Raving 2. Is there anyway to attach some sort of external controller to the phone? Recording footage I can 3D print a holder for the phone + camera and use the audio jack output for audio. But then controlling it is gonna be hard'ish.

kraze1984

Awards
Qualcomm phones have a mechanism of controling them via simulated keypresses (i.e. revskills has such a functionality). This mechanism uses its own protocol, it is not like you just plug in a joystick and there you go. You would probably be able to replicate that functionality with an Arduino and enhance it. I.e. i the way it is now, long keypresses, often used in games, are not supported.

GardenAll

Awards
Hello guys, I'm from Brazil and Zeebo is not that hard do find... here we have MercadoLivre (is from the eBay group) and we can find it from $100 to $250. Unnafortunally it can't ship outside Brazil, but if you have a friend you can ask him for help, I think the shipping will be about 30-50 bucks.

Some links:

Soldier

Awards
NO WAY! That's so cool! Excited to see there's actually a chance we may be able to play this game! Edit: Do we know why Wonderland is still missing? I thought that chapter was recovered early on and the Maleficent chapter was the one that had been elusive this whole time.

Wonderland missing is very simple: the way the V-Cast game worked was that you had levels in the forms of chapters. When you finish a chapter, the game moves on to the next one and removes the previous one (I think?) Most of the chapters we have acquired are from phones that were specifically ON those levels when the user stopped playing the game.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Holy shit, let's go
NO WAY! That's so cool! Excited to see there's actually a chance we may be able to play this game!

Edit: Do we know why Wonderland is still missing? I thought that chapter was recovered early on and the Maleficent chapter was the one that had been elusive this whole time.
We have a handful of Wonderland assets that are present in the base install. Nobody has come forward with the full episode yet

Sven Cakemann

Awards
I just wanted to draw attention to this comment on Reddit. Someone had posted a link to this conversation on Twitter a while back; this person says that they stopped playing VCast in Wonderland, have gotten with a friend to back up the phone's data, and will be posting it in Summer. In case anybody else comes across this, I really doubt this is legit (but please prove me wrong).

I don't want anyone to get their hopes up when this person claims they have it but have done nothing to actually show proof, like a screenshot or video.

Back