• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts V-CAST Game Files Ripped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Octodad

Awards
i think if you can get enough footage of the game, it could be coded completely from scratch in something like unity. it probably wouldn't even be that hard because it was made for mobile phones in 2004

kraze1984

Awards
Yeah, someone with enough skills could code it in Unity. I tried to show each movement and how and where the camera moves.
The assets (models, textures, maps, sounds) can be extracted as it was shown in this thread.

Also, I will be remaking the earlier videos with fixed sound FX and with larger font (basically, replaying again).

kraze1984

Awards
For the sake of completeness I have gathered here the two episodes currently available, the reconstructed .mif file, the later version of the executable (.mod) and the extension which is necessary to run the game, provided you have a BREW phone, and a signature file: https://mega.nz/#!CWQiiQRC!oTmTucRhMRWauxbg6GmRmhyN3x8Dwhu63TU10vUXOK4 . Also included save files to choose either episode 1 or 3. This is the original version, not the version modified to look better on the Zeebo.

Last edited:

CaioBro

Awards
If you could make a Port for unity it would be much easier to run on other platforms like Pc, android, Psvita and maybe 3DS

kraze1984

Awards
I got myself a K1M with Verizon's firmware (the same model Eriyu has). I see why Eriyu is unable to get the files from it. There should be some additional things which are necessary to do, which I do not know. I will be looking into them.

kraze1984

Awards
Because read access of the /brew folder in Motorola phones is locked for generic qualcomm tools, it is necessary to use tools made for motorola phones specificly. I managed to read and backup several files from the mif and mod folders of this phone with p2kcommander. It even worked for me on Windows 10. Although the whole setup is very unstable and might not work at first time (I had to unplug and replug the phone several times). EDIT: confused p2kcommander with p2kseem (which has special build for v710)...

Attachments

• brew_k1m.png
    brew_k1m.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Guernsey

Awards
Unfortunately my old phones got thrown away, is there another way to play this game?

kraze1984

Awards
I managed to make an image of the K1m filesystem and extract some files from it. Some of them are extracted correctly by the program revskills, others are extracted as empty files. These can probably be extracted manually. Anyways, with a dump of the filesystem it is possible eventually to extract the files from it and/or flash the filesystem onto another K1M phone. The latter needs to be researched.

Last edited:

Wedge

Sorry for the delay in responding to some of the questions, I was largely AFK from the topic after my initial post. The phone I originally downloaded the games with (and later ripped them from using BitPim) was an LG Chocolate VX8500. I can also confirm that aside from the title screen, death screen, and intro cards to every level, there was no music running in the background. If there's any other questions I can assist with on that end, feel free to let me know.

Additionally, I've dropped an updated DL of the original files on the lost media wiki forums, as the original link I dropped on 4chan went defunct long ago. In case you're interested kraze, I also included a link for an early mobile version of the Transformers G1 Awakening files, which I also ripped from my phone at the time.

DaGuAr

Awards
I managed to make an image of the K1m filesystem and extract some files from it. Some of them are extracted correctly by the program revskills, others are extracted as empty files. These can probably be extracted manually. Anyways, with a dump of the filesystem it is possible eventually to extract the files from it and/or flash the filesystem onto another K1M phone. The latter needs to be researched.
This got me wondering... do you think those empty files are a fault of the extracting process from the filesystem, or because the imaging process ignores these "protected" files?

If it's just the former and the image is correctly done... do you think would be a good idea to inform Eriyu on how to dump her filesystem so the game's data is outside her phone (which can stop working in any moment)? Even if we can't extract the actual files yet, it would at least preserve them until we figure it out.

The downside would be that in order for her to dump and share her filesystem, she would most likely need to delete any sensitive data beforehand, for privacy concerns (photos, messages, contact info, etc).

Or do you think it's better to wait until we have more information?

kraze1984

Awards
I have contacted her in PM when I posted the relevant message but still got no reply.

The fault is (a) because the files are in qualcomm part of the filesystem and have a protected attribute for qualcomm tools and (b) the motorola filesystem interface does not work well with the qualcomm part of the filesystem (even with motorola's own tools).

If we dump the filesystem image we would be able to manually reconstruct the files (if they are not too big they will hopefully fit in one block of the filesystem).

As for the sensitive data - IMHO, the data is on a phone which is more than 10 years old lost importance. It is safe to remove it.

It is still worth to note that bits of data will remain in the filesystem image. I would suggest not to share that image publicly if it had some sensitive data.

kraze1984

Awards
By the way someone (https://twitter.com/ligero_miguel) posted the data of Kingdom Hearts: Coded which was on the SD card. Maybe I could help with extracting the executables from the phone. I will need the phone physically, though. Anyone knows how to contact that person?

Moonie

Just curious, but is it possible to run Kingdom Hearts: Coded on Zeebo too ?, it would be amazing to see it running on the console.

Back