• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts V-CAST Game Files Ripped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Moonie

Hi! I took a look inside the files. Here's my findings, I hope it helps.

Inside "kh.mod" there seems to be some strings of enemy names...

... and what it seems to be some URLs that may have been used by the game to download the episodes, but I don't think you can download anything.

Inside "language.m3g" there's a interesting string with the internal name of the game and some folders hinting that the game was ported from somewhere:

Inside "kh.bar" there are some .bmp and .png files of the HUD graphics.
eaEQwEZ.png
UdWPEKA.png

MlqiCx1.png
M5EvSJC.png

UWmR8Ml.png
p0DBO0U.png

HIAdmw3.png
ghA1HYx.png

If you hex edit the file "training_part1.m3g" to change "»SWERVE«" with "«JSR184»" on the header, M3G Toolkit will be able to open it. It's the only one with the "»SWERVE«" header that I managed to open with this method, though.
nS2bsb8.png

On every .m3g file of the game there's zlib compressed data. If you search this hexadecimal value "78DA" on every .m3g and you create a new file from there (including 78DA) to the end of the file, you can use Offzip to extract the data.
That way you can see more "hidden" strings like dialogue, episode summaries, menu options, or even the full credits!

ro_training_jtext.m3g:

ro_island_jtext.m3g:

ro_wonderland_jtext.m3g:

ro_agrabah_jext.m3g:

ro_castle_jtext.m3g:

^As you can see, these episode summaries match perfectly with Kingdom King 13's plot summary.

training_language.m3g: (spoiler tag for size)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

island_language.m3g:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

language.m3g: (full game credits are inside here)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, it seems that a lot of level-related code is written in plain text.

island_raft.m3g:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

island_exit.m3g:

For example, this cutscene code seems to match this scene perfectly.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

There's a lot more code, so feel free to look inside the files, or even double checking anything I might have missed or extracted incorrectly.

Also I was able to rip every texture I could find as well:
MUmTfJ3.png

About ripping the models, probably asking the author of this m3g maxscript for Real Racing 3 or using it as a reference could help. Do note that the first main difference between formats is that the files for that game doesn't use zlib compression, so it won't work as it is with KH V-Cast m3g files.

How did you open the .m3g and .bar files? I've been trying to open them for a long time

Anyway, Kingdom Hearts V-Cast and Kingdom Hearts Coded (not the DS version, but the original version for NTT Docomo) were developed with BREW OS (In the case V-Cast with an older version and Coded with a more new, so much that the quality difference of both games is glaring)

With BREW DevKit from Qualcomm it is possible to run the game on your PC, the problem is that currently it is almost impossible to find any download related to Brew active nowadays

( Maybe this can help
https://www.tripleoxygen.net/wiki/console/zeebo/ambiente_de_desenvolvimento
https://www.tripleoxygen.net/wiki/console/zeebo/carregando_seu_codigo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elplbbbaou9xkd8/ZeeboDeveloperGuide0.97.pdf?dl=0 )

There is also a solution another solution, a Brazilian console called Zeebo uses one of the latest versions of Brew (in this case, a modified version), I believe it is possible to run both games on this console, the file format is basically the same and even division of mod and mif folders is identical to those of the Zeebo games, the only problem is that unlocking this console is something very difficult and complicated to do, there is a personal in a group of facebook ZeeboClub that is thinking about doing a FreeShop '' Online to the console and add some games there, but the idea has not gone forward since nobody knows how to work with Brew and there is little information on the internet to help

The Zeebo console :

Well, there are these two options for getting the KH-V Cast (or the Original Coded) Run Brew on PC or Run on Zeebo

PS: Has anyone managed to find Kingdom Hearts Coded available for download or is this game still lost?

(Unknown)

Okay, I have been gone for a while, but an old phone from around 2011 had some charger problems, but I recently got it working. The phone has the V CAST service on it, and it is a Samsung smartphone, which means I could just download the files from the internet. As for the flip phone I mentioned previously, it couldn't be used. I tried using BitPim on multiple computers, and I used the right cable, but the program couldn't read the phone, but hope is around for the phone! If the Samsung smartphone does not read the Kingdom Hearts game, I could use the flip phone to try BitPim one last time, for I recently uncovered another cable that could be used for my flip phone. I'll try to keep this situation updated.

Neo_

Awards
I was just thinking about this game this morning; it's so fascinating that something so readily available recently pretty much just doesn't exist anymore.

I don't even see any feasible way of contacting Disney Interactive since they don't even use their Twitter anymore.

Eriyu

Awards
Hey y'all, so I've got this game on my old phone, and just found out today that there's been this effort to find it. I'm on Maleficent's Castle, and I got BitPim to try to get the files, but so far I'm getting this error. If anyone knows how to get around it, I'd love to be able to contribute. :(

9297edbffbccfd1ffc8a4152e67a426e.png

DaGuAr

Awards
Wow, Maleficent Castle!
I've never had V-Cast phones and never used BitPim. I've searched for the error message and found this thread, most likely you already saw it, but maybe it helps.

Apparently from what it says, you have to use a test version of the program and extracting one file at a time just in case. If after trying everything on that thread it still doesn't work maybe we can ask Cbajd how he/she ripped Agrabah's files.

Thank you for trying this, I hope everything works out!

Eriyu

Awards
No luck. :/ The test version does the same thing, and extracting them one at a time is what gave me the error in the first place — doing the whole folder at once just created a 0 byte .zip file.

I've been looking up BitPim alternatives, as well as trying to make sure I've got the drivers I need, but it's mostly been a lot of broken links, corrupted files, incompatible software, and more broken links;;; Not sure I've exhausted every option yet, so I'll keep trying and message Cbajd.

Last detail if it can help at all — The phone is a Motorola KRZR

Meanwhile, here's a short look at the castle (and me being very bad at the controls)

Last edited:

DaGuAr

Awards
Nice to see some gameplay, thank you!
But caution; if you beat the episode, the game might delete the files!
As long as you don't beat the final boss there shouldn't be any problem, but keep this in mind.

If you find broken links trying to download drivers, try using Wayback Machine. They save backups of old websites, so it's worth a shot.
For example, I found this post

I don't think anybody had mentioned they had Bitpim working with the KRZR in the "official" thread, so I'll post this here to make it easy to find.

To get the KRZR to work with Bitpim, goto this site...

http://developer.motorola.com/?path=1.2.6.30

and download the Moto USB Drivers from it. Run it's installer and plug the KRZR in. It should detect and install the KRZR as a USB Modem.
Open Bitpim and use the Modem as the port ( not the diag port ) and choose V3cm as the phone model. It should then be able talk to the phone.

The link that user posted is currently not working, but if you use that link through Wayback Machine, you can explore a cached version of the website from 2006.

And the downloads seem to be working as well! This is the "Motorola USB Driver" from that website.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At this point I'm willing to call it a better mobile game than UX. At least there wasn't any whale hunting back then.

Eriyu

Awards
BitPim did recognize my phone as a K1m from the beginning. I installed the driver too, but there's no apparent difference. It looks like the people on the forum needed the driver to get BitPim to recognize the phone at all, but the newer versions of BitPim since those posts can recognize the phone anyway? Thanks so much for your help in any case;;;

My next idea is to try P2KCommander instead of BitPim... which requires the Motorola Software Update software, which won't run on Win10, so I'm trying to convince my brother to let me use his computer that still has Win7. If he won't, I can try a VM I guess? Or see what my local library is running lmao

Soldier

Awards
Wow, how far we've come in such short time, how much is still missing of the game that we haven't seen?

Eriyu

Awards
Found a computer running XP, got P2kCommander working with these directions — and the game's folder doesn't show up at all (nor does the associated .mif file). It doesn't seem to be the same issue as the "Access Denied" error on BitPim though, because the 11703 folder gives me the same "Access Denied" error in BitPim, but it shows up in P2kCommander and I successfully downloaded a file in it. :unsure:

According to here, different versions of P2kC can have this issue with different phones, so I've tried 3.2.2, 3.2.6, 3.2.9, 3.3.1, 4.9.2, and 5.1.0, all the same results for the ones that worked. 5.1.0 wouldn't work at all, and there was no .exe in the download for 3.2.6....

screencap v4.9.0.png

DaGuAr

Awards
That sucks :/. I tried to look for info about that, but for now I have no idea. It seems these programs aren't 100% compatible with CDMA phones, but I find bizarre that it randomly hides some folders while others not. Maybe in order to get access to those files you have to somehow get administrator rights to the phone?

Out of curiosity though, I tried to download the zip for 3.2.6 to check if there wasn't any .exe inside. It turns out there is an exe, but when I extracted it, Windows detected it as a "Trojan:Win32/Danginex!rts" and put it into quarantine.
I think it's a false positive, as it doesn't do that with the exes of the other P2kC versions. Perhaps allowing it to run and trying with this version you could have more luck, as it seems it's one of the most recommended versions (along with 3.2.2).

I was thinking something as well, now that you managed to copy a file from the 11703 folder.
Until we figure out how to extract the 11839 folder of KH, maybe it could be worth trying to preserve the other games for now, in case other people are interested on them (like the Age of Empires that can be seen on your video). Unless every hidden folder are the games, in which case, they might be in fact read-protected.

Also, as you've played the first three episodes back in the day and part of this one more recently, I was wondering if you could describe any interesting details you might remember from them.

Thank you.

Eriyu

Awards
Sorry for the delay — no good news to report. I got 3.2.6 to work with your help, but same results as before. I tried BitPim again in case of a miracle, no luck. (All of the games' files are blocked on BitPim, and Age of Empires is another missing folder in P2kC, but I copied Tetris and Pac-Man for whatever that's worth lol.)

As far as remembering anything interesting from the game... God, it's been so long, pretty much all I remember is how difficult it was to control, the annoying parrot you meet in level 1... and I thhhiiink you get thrown in the jail you saw in my video as soon as you arrive in Maleficent's castle, by her little henchmen, and I stopped playing before I could escape.

If getting the files off the phone is a total dead end, I would like to at least set up a nicer way of recording of my old phone screen playing through the castle at some point. If/when that happens, I'll definitely post here.

JoJoSoraX

Last edited:

DaGuAr

Awards
Hi JoJoSoraX, that zip only contains the island stage. Here's a quick summary of the current situation, and in case new people reach this thread.

Swashbuckler's Island (1st world) (✓)
Extracted and uploaded by Wedge.
Mirrored on The Lost Media Wiki as you saw, and also by Shademp on page 3 of this thread.

Wonderland (2nd world) (✗)
Still missing. I think it's the level we have the least information.
Zimfan508 on page 3 of this thread mentioned he had a phone with it but it's bricked.
Perhaps there could be a way to physically extract the internal chip and trying some advanced data recovery somehow? (I don't know who can do this)

Agrabah (3rd world) (✓)
Extracted and uploaded by Cbajd5.
Link and pictures on page 3 of this thread.

Maleficent's Castle (4th and final world) (?)
As you can read on the posts above, nobody knows how to extract the files (yet?), so our only hope for now is seeing a full recorded gameplay of it.

About this, there's one thing that worries me. According to Wedge "Once you've beaten a world, you're given the options of either restarting, or downloading the next episode. Choosing the latter option overwrites the files in the games mod folder with the appropriate assets for the next environment."

But as this one is the final world, I think we don't know for sure what happens once you beat it. I'm curious to see the final cutscene with Goofy after beating Maleficent on her dragon form, but if it doesn't ask to replay the episode and automatically deletes the files forever for a new playthrough from the beginning... I think beating the boss is an important risk we may not want to take yet.

Obstacle Course (tutorial stage) (✓)
Its files are in both Swashbuckler's Island and Agrabah rips.

Neo_

Awards
You know, the whole mythos of Goofy's head being on fire probably isn't that epic on a Razor phone. 😂

I hadn't seen the Agrabah stuff until now, but as others have said, it's damn impressive for the age and hardware of the phone.

I say this half sarcastically and half not: I would've rather had VCAST VR than their current offering.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Okay, I laughed when the title of Death Music popped up on the screen.

These are reeeally charming melodies, and there's an air of nostalgia listening to this soundtrack regardless of not playing the game. It was gracious of Ian to share. Made me smile.

Back