• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts V-CAST Game Files Ripped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Beamer

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I was afraid of that. Hopefully someone can still connect their old phones to Verizon's network and get it working, or find a copy of those files already downloaded. I have an old brick phone that ran on Verizon's service back in the day, but I'm certain it's out of service now (not to mention out of my reach at the moment). Even so, I have a feeling that the downloadable episodes are long gone from the servers by now.

I know of exactly one person (also on 4chan) who has a DoCoMo with coded installed. He also has Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII​ I think.

I think that's the same guy I found. Apparently their username was HATOSUKE and they posted on it all on Nicovideo. KH13 was kind enough to repost onto YouTube.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
How plausible is it that the Verizon servers are still running and can provide the other episodes? I think these are gone for good, same with all further episodes of coded, the pre-installed one is probably everything that is left of this game too.

Beamer

Awards
It's still possible that the game is fully installed on someone's phone and is still out there. I've seen a lot of betas & lost games make their way to the surface again, it just takes a while is all. We just have to be patient and wait for it to reveal itself.

Wedge

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Once you've beaten a world, you're given the options of either restarting, or downloading the next episode. Choosing the latter option overwrites the files in the games mod folder with the appropriate assets for the next environmnet.

In order to rip the remaining parts of the game, we would need to find three people who stopped playing in Wonderland, Agrabah, and Maleficent's Castle respectively (assuming the Verizon servers needed to grab the game are down). The possibility of that actually being done is up in the air though, considering those people would need access to their old phones, as well as a willingness to pull the files out of the game's directory.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Welcome to the forums Wedge. Even if the game is incomplete we all appreciate the effort to release the files. Maybe a former employee of Verizon has mercy now that there are news all over the fan sites.:wink:

Beamer

Awards
Welcome to the forums Wedge. Even if the game is incomplete we all appreciate the effort to release the files. Maybe a former employee of Verizon has mercy now that there are news all over the fan sites.:wink:

Ditto what Shard said. Welcome and thanks so much for finding even this much of KH VC. It's quite an achievement.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Once you've beaten a world, you're given the options of either restarting, or downloading the next episode. Choosing the latter option overwrites the files in the games mod folder with the appropriate assets for the next environmnet.

In order to rip the remaining parts of the game, we would need to find three people who stopped playing in Wonderland, Agrabah, and Maleficent's Castle respectively (assuming the Verizon servers needed to grab the game are down). The possibility of that actually being done is up in the air though, considering those people would need access to their old phones, as well as a willingness to pull the files out of the game's directory.

That's unfortunate, but understandable. Space on phones back then was incredibly small, so it makes sense (in a bizarre way imo) for the game to overwrite the previous episode.

It seems the VCAST servers are still around but serve a different purpose nowadays. I suppose a copy of the files is sequestered somewhere in the filespace where we could still reach them, assuming Verzion has been lazy enough not to clean it up. What exactly would be involved in getting the game running again on an old phone and what sort of phone would be compatible with the game?

Royce & Mueller

I'm genuinely shocked TheGamersJoint didn't make a video about this. Because everyone here cares and truly values whenever he has something to say...

By the by, is anyone having some problems reading the m3g models? I keep getting incompatibility error messages with whatever app I attempt to read them with.

I was kind of hoping to extract the HUD elements and textures, then post them online for everyone to make crappy fangames out of! ...So that TGJ can make a video about it. >:3

Sanguinius_11

Awards
Is there a proper way to emulate V-Cast though? This is a very interesting title to say the least, and after all, how can you say no to this face?
ccc_26155.jpg

DaGuAr

Awards
Hi! I took a look inside the files. Here's my findings, I hope it helps.

Inside "kh.mod" there seems to be some strings of enemy names...
Soldier
FlyingSoldier
FlyingMook
PurpleCroc
UmbrellaBird
Bandit
Potspider
Mummy
Darkball
PigSoldier

... and what it seems to be some URLs that may have been used by the game to download the episodes, but I don't think you can download anything.
http://swervenet.superscape.com/
disney/download.php?f=
%s&s=%d
X-Method: GET
%s%s?uid=%s&aid=%s&lid=%s&s=%d&t=%d&u1=%d&u2=%s
disney/rank.php
%s%s?uid=%s&aid=%s&lid=%s&s=%s&t=%d&u1=%d
disney/rankex.php

Inside "language.m3g" there's a interesting string with the internal name of the game and some folders hinting that the game was ported from somewhere:
Z:\BREW_PORTS\3d\Kingdom_Hearts_3D\Porting\common\res\Initial\language.m3g

Inside "kh.bar" there are some .bmp and .png files of the HUD graphics.
eaEQwEZ.png
UdWPEKA.png

MlqiCx1.png
M5EvSJC.png

UWmR8Ml.png
p0DBO0U.png

HIAdmw3.png
ghA1HYx.png

If you hex edit the file "training_part1.m3g" to change "»SWERVE«" with "«JSR184»" on the header, M3G Toolkit will be able to open it. It's the only one with the "»SWERVE«" header that I managed to open with this method, though.
nS2bsb8.png

On every .m3g file of the game there's zlib compressed data. If you search this hexadecimal value "78DA" on every .m3g and you create a new file from there (including 78DA) to the end of the file, you can use Offzip to extract the data.
That way you can see more "hidden" strings like dialogue, episode summaries, menu options, or even the full credits!

ro_training_jtext.m3g:
Sora, bearer of the magical KeyBlade, is returning from a quest with his faithful companions, Donald and Goofy. During their travels I'm always along to chronicle their adventures. Who am I?
Well I'm Jiminy Cricket, that's who. And right about now, it looks like I need to talk Sora through a bit of training. You know, practice makes perfect.

ro_island_jtext.m3g:
With all that coaching, I almost forgot what I was writing about. It happened on the way back from the edge of the universe, It's a long ride even on a Gummi ship! Sora had set the controls to economy wash and we'd all turned in to get some sleep for the night. That's when it happened. Something green and lurking came out of the darkness, and no one even noticed - except Sora whose dreams began to spiral out of control...

ro_wonderland_jtext.m3g:
Like the Gummi ship, Caw had traveled through many worlds and knew the paths between them. His new found friend had mentioned a ship, maybe with enough room for him?! He'd get them both to Wonderland, the Caterpillar would help, or so he thought. And so they sailed off into the night. Sora adrift from his friends, alone in a troubled dream. The bite of the tentacle growing inside him with the antidote another world away...

ro_agrabah_jext.m3g:
As Goofy and Donald fearlessly search for Sora, Sora hurries to Agrabah to find the Giant Serpent. The serpent's tooth is the second potion ingredient Sora needs to save himself from the darkness consuming his soul.

ro_castle_jtext.m3g:
Oh boy. Sora not only has to save himself, but Donald and Goofy as well. He has to defeat Maleficent and find a dragon's tooth. That's the last ingredient needed for the potion that'll drive out the darkness that's devouring his heart.

^As you can see, these episode summaries match perfectly with Kingdom King 13's plot summary.

training_language.m3g: (spoiler tag for size)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

island_language.m3g:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

language.m3g: (full game credits are inside here)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, it seems that a lot of level-related code is written in plain text.

island_raft.m3g:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

island_exit.m3g:

For example, this cutscene code seems to match this scene perfectly.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

There's a lot more code, so feel free to look inside the files, or even double checking anything I might have missed or extracted incorrectly.

Also I was able to rip every texture I could find as well:
MUmTfJ3.png

About ripping the models, probably asking the author of this m3g maxscript for Real Racing 3 or using it as a reference could help. Do note that the first main difference between formats is that the files for that game doesn't use zlib compression, so it won't work as it is with KH V-Cast m3g files.

Beamer

Awards
So, has anyone gotten this running yet? I'd do it myself if I knew how, but I'm not really that much of a programmer.

*Edit: I really hate to be that guy, but I wanted to bump this again just to see if any progress has been made. I know someone posted a thread to Assembler Games, but no one's paying it any attention.

Last edited:

WampySwampy

So did anyone actually get the game to work properly? Or at least the first chapter? I would love to play it and hopefully we find the other chapters.

Shademp

Awards
I only just now learned about this Kingdom Hearts game and the emergence of its first part to the web. Very exciting stuff! Many thanks to Wedge for sharing the files and everybody who dug through the content to present it to the masses.

I don't have anything of essence to contribute, but I just found some archived links of Kingdom Hearts "V CAST" being listed in the Verizon V CAST online game store.

- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3

By no big surprise, the game was referred to as "Kingdom Hearts 3D" on the game store.

As far as I can tell, no full product page for Kingdom Hearts V CAST / 3D has been archived. This is a pity because without those pages we don't seem to have a list of officially compatible phones.

Nothing123

Awards
Hello everyone i now Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3 is going to have a revelead date but i've obtein some of the music of the superscape's game that someone gave me i post them this week. :) With his authorization. But i'm sorry i have only diffrents musics.

Last edited:

(Unknown)

I only signed up for this thread, but I found a V CAST flip phone in a drawer. Inside the phone was a few V CAST games. Sadly, none of the games were Kingdom Hearts V CAST, but i'm thinking. "If the phone can run these games from the V CAST service, it should be able to run Kingdom Hearts V CAST, right?" I toyed with idea and tried to get Kingdom Hearts V CAST on to the flip phone, but it never worked. Does anyone know how to transfer the files on to the phone?

DaGuAr

Awards
The person who ripped the files used a program called BitPim. Perhaps you can use it to do the opposite process and copy the data to your phone?

It seems that there's a lot of tutorials about the program, but I don't know if it works for all V CAST phones or if you need to do something special to be able to explore the filesystem, though. And even if you managed to copy it, the game may have copy protection tied to the phone where the files came from.

Still, I think it's worth the try. It would be amazing if you could get it working and get some footage.

EDIT: If the other games work and there isn't footage available of them on Youtube, it could be interesting to record some gameplay of them too, if possible.

Back