• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wonder if there will be any kind of statement from Nomura or anything to mark the end of the game since the app is shutting down today. I’d love an interview to get some thoughts but I doubt any media is really interested in covering this. Lol
Seeing as Union Cross and Dark Road are directly connected, I think Nomura is going to have an in-depth interview covering both of the games narrative.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If you count September as soon.
JHAJAHAAJAHJJAHAJHJA I couldn't help but laugh at the sarcasm, but it's also sad at the same time. We're back to the waiting a long period of time for story updates.

Hell, I don't know why some fans are bothered with not receiving news for KH until the series' 20th anniversary.

I just hope Square goes wild with KH's anniversary, unlike how Nintendo did with Zelda's 35th............

Chie

Awards
It's pretty much impossible to go wild with any anniversary when all games take years to develop now.

Noivern

Awards
JHAJAHAAJAHJJAHAJHJA I couldn't help but laugh at the sarcasm, but it's also sad at the same time. We're back to the waiting a long period of time for story updates.

Hell, I don't know why some fans are bothered with not receiving news for KH until the series' 20th anniversary.

I just hope Square goes wild with KH's anniversary, unlike how Nintendo did with Zelda's 35th............

This is something I have pointed as well in the E3 thread.. I really don't understand this recent vibe I've seen on these forums as if KH is on some long hiatus or something. MoM released at the end of last year, UX *just* ended and the finale was divided in two parts as well pretty much taking over the entire first half of the year.
We know for a fact that we have two more updates of Dark Road to look forward to throughout this year, and can expect at least one new game to be announced next year, possibly more.
In retrospect, this is one of the busiest times for KH as a franchise with back-to-back releases since 3 dropped?

I have been following this franchise since I was like, 9? And have been here for around 2~3 years (although I only made my account later on) and the community is still doing pretty well, while I usually just take some time off inbetween updates.

kristi-swat

Awards
This is something I have pointed as well in the E3 thread.. I really don't understand this recent vibe I've seen on these forums as if KH is on some long hiatus or something. MoM released at the end of last year, UX *just* ended and the finale was divided in two parts as well pretty much taking over the entire first half of the year.
We know for a fact that we have two more updates of Dark Road to look forward to throughout this year, and can expect at least one new game to be announced next year, possibly more.
In retrospect, this is one of the busiest times for KH as a franchise with back-to-back releases since 3 dropped?

I have been following this franchise since I was like, 9? And have been here for around 2~3 years (although I only made my account later on) and the community is still doing pretty well, while I usually just take some time off inbetween updates.
where did you read that there will be 2 DR updates? afaik there will be only 1 :/

Noivern

Awards
where did you read that there will be 2 DR updates? afaik there will be only 1 :/
Just an educated guess considering the actual game-part of the app ends today in japan and soon after in the us, so we're only getting Dark Road cutscenes to patch in later, so they'd have to really push it to release the last one in 2022.
But even if they do, it'll probably be really early in the year anyways, unless they decide to save it for the 2022 anniversary celebration or something lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I really don't understand this recent vibe I've seen on these forums
To be honest, it hasn't been bad here. Just bad in Twitter and Reddit.

as if KH is on some long hiatus or something.
Correct. But it's as if some fans that have grown up with the series forgot how hard it was to be a KH fan during the news droughts hahahahaha

MoM released at the end of last year, UX *just* ended and the finale was divided in two parts as well pretty much taking over the entire first half of the year.
Also correct. It's not like the series is gonna die down, for fuck's sake.

Noivern

Awards
Nomura is a busy man, not all of his focus is going to be on Kingdom Hearts. There's a reason why all the good stuff is coming in 2022.

While Nomura is definitely not leaving the series anytime soon even if his focus is elsewhere, I'm open to the possibility that other people may take over Act 2 while he takes a backseat to just supervise whatever goes on. I feel like whatever event we get for the 20th anniversary will probably talk about this and how much involvement he's going to have going forward after the 'Quadratum game'.

But ehh, personally, I don't mind if KH gets somewhat inactive soon either. I'd rather if we tone down and get fewer games that are more streamlined instead of ending up like other current Square franchises.

The one thing I actually wanted them to do, which is keep supporting KH3 with interesting DLC's like optional playable characters and extra challenges is not going to happen, but now that we have the game for PC it's an all for all bouffet anyways.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
While Nomura is definitely not leaving the series anytime soon even if his focus is elsewhere, I'm open to the possibility that other people may take over Act 2 while he takes a backseat to just supervise whatever goes on. I feel like whatever event we get for the 20th anniversary will probably talk about this and how much involvement he's going to have going forward after the 'Quadratum game'.
I would consider 2005-2010 the busiest Nomura's ever been (Dirge of Cerberus, TWEWY, Crisis Core, Dissidia, FFXIII, Versus XIII, The 3rd Birthday back-to-back, some overlapping), and he still found it within himself to be directly involved with three new KH games and two rereleases as much as he usually is.

No matter how busy Nomura gets, he's always given KH his full attention and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Noivern

Awards
I would consider 2005-2010 the busiest Nomura's ever been (Dirge of Cerberus, TWEWY, Crisis Core, Dissidia, FFXIII, Versus XIII, The 3rd Birthday back-to-back, some overlapping), and he still found it within himself to be directly involved with three new KH games and two rereleases as much as he usually is.

No matter how busy Nomura gets, he's always given KH his full attention and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Just because he was active in the past does not mean he would still be in the future. It's not necessarily about the amount of work (I'd say it's pretty similar to that time, honestly?), just what he wants to focus on, and KH is a franchise big enough (and growing bigger!) that I could see Square or even himself wanting to give other directors a chance.

That being said, I'm not saying he WILL give the torch away, just saying it could happen. And it's honestly what I would prefeer to happen as well, KH needs a breath of fresh air as it's quite saturated nowadays unlike his other baby franchise (TWEWY) lol

Willow A113

Awards
Just because he was active in the past does not mean he would still be in the future. It's not necessarily about the amount of work (I'd say it's pretty similar to that time, honestly?), just what he wants to focus on, and KH is a franchise big enough (and growing bigger!) that I could see Square or even himself wanting to give other directors a chance.

That being said, I'm not saying he WILL give the torch away, just saying it could happen. And it's honestly what I would prefeer to happen as well, KH needs a breath of fresh air as it's quite saturated nowadays unlike his other baby franchise (TWEWY) lol
I don’t see that happening now but maybe after phase two. He seems to be setting up a lot of storyline that he himself wants to complete.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm happy that Nomura got to direct his very own FINAL FANTASY, and possibly the biggest responsibility anyone could ever have in Square: Direct the FFVII Remake; but I'm still kinda sad he never got to make his very own FF game. :/

And I'm not talking about Versus specifically. Just the idea of him seeing his very own FF title to fruition.

Awards

I'm guilty of this, but in a bit of a different way.

I kinda just worried Nomura won't be able to make the anniversary date. Waiting from November 2020 to March 2022 for news that isn't even set in stone just gets to me.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm not saying he WILL give the torch away, just saying it could happen. And it's honestly what I would prefeer to happen as well, KH needs a breath of fresh air as it's quite saturated nowadays unlike his other baby franchise (TWEWY) lol
Unless Nomura is training a Square Enix staff member to replicate his artstyle, he's still the signature character designer for Kingdom Hearts. It's also because of Kingdom Hearts that TWEWY gained renewed interest to the point where a sequel was considered feasible.

Back