• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
PlAyEr being Xeanbort also doesn't work because we're a faceless cog in the machine all things considered. There's no guarantee that xX_HeartLessBuster_Xx was the one that didn't perish in the Keyblade War. Remember, Ephemer was LATE to pick us up into UX.

And we know time travel works that you can do only what was etched in your heart, otherwise you get whisked away to Unreality (and killed by Yozora the Key Wraith lmao)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Random observation: Light is technically the villain of the next Phase of KINGDOM HEARTS. It's just a Light that is willingly letting itself be possessed by Darkness in order to get rid of it.

Tobi

Awards
However, that brings another interesting question: maybe Strelitzia and the Nameless Star (that people like to call Stella) could still be the same person; Strelitzia actually died, so maybe she also reincarnated and the Star is what remains of her first life after her heart became another's; similar to how the Avatar Spirit works in Avatar/LoK?
Would be a way, although I see it more the case for Strelitzia and Kairi. Why? Plot and drama reasons. Imagine Lauriam and Elrena finding out that their Nobodies essentially bullied the nobody of his sister reincarnation. Tbh, I don't want to see other cases like Players popping up left and right and I guess that way Strelitzia couldn't come back as herself, but if there is one more case, I hope it's something which is going to have a big impact.

Also Strelitzia was on that list and was supposed to be someone with a pure/ strong (don't remember which one) heart. Her reincarnating as a PoH would make some sense. I suspect anyway that a Darkness* was influencing Xehanort towards doing the stuff he did, so Players influence on Xehanort was limited because of this.

*I think they didn't told us what happened to the Darkness, which was supposed to control Player, so I assume the option should be atleast viable that that one went with him (Player) when reincarnated.

I don't now if it was brought up already, but because of the Player-Xehanort connection this would be one more potential point for Subject X being Skuld. There is the question why it happened only then and not before (although it would probably work for the others aswell), but if Xehanort would begin dreaming about Players memories about Skuld, it would allow her to materialise in Radiant Garden. If my memories serve me right Subject X was found at dawn on some random day... so atleast for me it seems like that Xehanort caused her appearance.

But this would only work if something was blocking that option before Apprentice Xehanort, because why wouldn't he dream about the others before?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
However, that brings another interesting question: maybe Strelitzia and the Nameless Star (that people like to call Stella) could still be the same person; Strelitzia actually died, so maybe she also reincarnated and the Star is what remains of her first life after her heart became another's; similar to how the Avatar Spirit works in Avatar/LoK?
There's a theory going around that Strelitzia's heart took refuge in Lauriam's, which might explain why he had that dream of her and felt her presence.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So I'm guessing the NA UX account just gave up?
It’s probably going to release around the 15th to give about the same amount of time between release and the end of service as the Japanese version. I doubt they’ll say anything until right before it releases.

zander1995

Awards
Yes. Ven landed a most a few weeks before creation of Vanitas (which is the same time as Sora's birth). We don't know the exact time where the other two ended up.
Ven would have been 12 at the time of the creation of Vanitas, but looks younger in UX than he was during the creation in BBS. It's more likely he was found a year or two before the creation of Vanitas rather than weeks before.

Edit: Unrelated to the above, but I believe Ava was the blanketed figure Luxu put into the pod. Now where and when she ended up is yet to be seen...

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
There's a lot of debate over this right now. The word used in the dialogue commonly means "to dissolve" so people are understanding it to mean "Player's heart became Xehanort's heart" aka reincarnation. This is also the more popular take because it results in maximum meme-age, which is this fandom's priority. However, as AR-numbers explained in his thread as well as in goldpanner's translation and a number of Japanese fans' own interpretation, it's possible it's similar to the Ven-Sora scenario but not as pronounced, if that makes sense.
Personally, I’m in the camp that Player was shown the visions of Xehanort by Chirithy as an example of what a relatively new heart’s life could be like, rather than it being their predestined future.

I don’t mind Xehanort having dreams of the past(many a story have had characters seeing dreams of the future so why not?), I’d just rather it be from an outsider-looking-in perspective rather than having a direct connection to Player.

LoneFox

Awards
Ven would have been 12 at the time of the creation of Vanitas, but looks younger in UX than he was during the creation in BBS. It's more likely he was found a year or two before the creation of Vanitas rather than weeks before.
How old must a kid be to be responsible enough to have a keyblade? Or, in real world, to handle a firearm?

In old books of the genre started by Mark Twain the answer is about 11, and those kids are usually significantly more mature than what is typical for their age, since they were written to be role models.

So, I'm assuming Ven became a wielder at age 11. It's clear that he had been one for at least a few months when we first saw him in UX. He was below average, but not a complete rookie. Then he was a union leader for about half a year. At the beginning of BBS he is 12. This doesn't leave more than a couple of months at most between his arrival and creation of Vanitas.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Global stealth updated. No tweet or notice because of course there isn't.

Continue discussions here, I'll have the video up asap.

Also, does anyone else feel like this dialogue is rather wonky?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I keep forgetting that there is an actual official English version of Ux that supposedly gives official translations (which are often more stupid or at least more stiff than what @Goldpanner gives us).

Since I only ever follow the story cutscenes alone perhaps that's another reason why I keep forgetting the official English version exists and tend to largely ignore it.

Isn't that more often the case than not when it comes to the "official" translations? "Special Attack Bonus" rings a bell here, lol.

kristi-swat

Awards

waiting for you to save us :D I need to do a 1:1 comparison between Goldpanner's translation and the official one.

kristi-swat

Awards
so chirithy says the heart will melt. I assume this to be merging and not reincarnation.
the dialogue with brain and luxu didn't make it more clear :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
god this thing took longer than expected

also, however many hours later, the notice went up lol

so chirithy says the heart will melt. I assume this to be merging and not reincarnation.
the dialogue with brain and luxu didn't make it more clear :/
Yeah, that's how I read it as well. The line seems to imply that this "brand new heart" exists separately and Player's heart joins it rather than becomes it outright?

I feel like we're not really closer to pinpointing what exactly happens lol. They're no strangers to taking liberties with the script when needed yet kept this line very literal? I get the feeling the localization team doesn't know for sure either.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I keep forgetting that there is an actual official English version of Ux that supposedly gives official translations (which are often more stupid or at least more stiff than what @Goldpanner gives us).

Since I only ever follow the story cutscenes alone perhaps that's another reason why I keep forgetting the official English version exists and tend to largely ignore it.
Since Goldpanner (and others) has managed to consistently deliver faster, and often more-accurate translations than the people being paid to do it, I also really haven't had a reason to pay attention to the official localization.

Its various, er, 'creative liberties' haven't helped its case.
It's a pipe dream but I hope if/when UXDR gets a remake, they re-translate instead of copy-pasting the existing one

Back