• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noivern

Awards
Guys, there’s just one more thing I don’t understand. If Ephemer and Skuld managed to get back into the real world just as it was ending, why is it still “glitching” when they took a look outside?
I don't think we have any proper explanation for that, but I'd guess it's a visual representation of the virtual Daybreak Town being destroyed at the same time?

Willow A113

Awards
Guys, there’s just one more thing I don’t understand. If Ephemer and Skuld managed to get back into the real world just as it was ending, why is it still “glitching” when they took a look outside?
Because it's all data. Every game in the series. Data Daybreak Town was just Data within Data.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I don't think we have any proper explanation for that, but I'd guess it's a visual representation of the virtual Daybreak Town being destroyed at the same time?
Hold on, this might actually be true. I remember a short scene from KHII when SDG got confused and thought they were seeing double while in the gummi ship. They were making that remark about Twilight Town. It wouldn’t actually be too farfetched to see data manifesting outside a computer.

Chie

Awards
Because it's all data.
Honestly yeah, not only is that literally true, but the digital desolation of virtual Daybreak Town only really got going after the KHUX application was announced to be shutting down irl. Now combine that with everything we said about reality/unreality/videogames earlier.

Willow A113

Awards
Honestly yeah, not only is that literally true, but the digital desolation of virtual Daybreak Town only really got going after the KHUX application was announced to be shutting down irl. Now combine that with everything we said about reality/unreality/videogames earlier.
Well, I was joking. There is a lot of proof for the theory where I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I wouldn't want it myself.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Same. Whenever when we saw the ark being used, someone had to be at the terminal to operate it. Nobody could do that for Ephemer and Skuld so they just got in and hoped for the best.
It seems like that's what they did in the Data world as well und it seemed to have worked. Perhaps Brain preset the pods to launch once someone got in?

LoneFox

Awards
Random idea: The machine was programmed to launch exactly 7 pods. Luxu added 8th one for Brain, but did not change the programming. Ephemer not launching is result of this, and it probably means that some people ended up in different places than what the plan was.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I did have that thought. That one of the pods was programmed to fail and Ephemer was just unlucky.

Awards
I don't get why people are going on about how "Player influenced Ansem SoD's appearance" when Player's "canonical" look legit has nothing that would remotely scream "Ansem SoD"

Also, I don't think Player is gonna be part of Xehanort for his entire life anyway considering the short Xehanort memory sequence only goes up to his time in Scala.

CozyTy

Awards
as was pointed out in a reply above, that scene is the aftermath of the KBW at the end of back cover. That is Luxu's original face.
I don’t think that’s luxu’s original face because in KH 3 secret report 11, it is implied that the keyblade war unfolded exactly as written on the Lost Page. “The Keyblade the master entrusted to me must be bequeathed to another. Five Union leaders have been chosen from the surviving dandelions. I will pass the Keyblade to one of them, and then continue watching the future unfold.” Brain is one of the new Union leaders

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Perhaps Luxu never gave Brain the No Name.

• He took Brain's Body
  • Brain's heart was sent into the future
  • Luxu stayed behind and snuck around Scala Ad Caelum, recording its construction etc
  • Luxu switched bodies with someone else, and gave the No Name to someone else
  • Ephemer eventually dies
  • Luxu continues to switch bodies and watching over everything
  • Decades/centuries later, Brain arrives in Scala
  • Brain lives for a few decades, having a child
  • His grandchild, Eraqus is born, along with Xehanort
  • Xehanort is sent to Destiny Islands
  • Brain dies
  • Xehanort is visted by his Heartless and goes to the future
  • Xehanort comes back, then later arrived at Scala
  • Just before, or during, or just after his Mark of Mastery, Xehanort meets MoM
  • Xehanort completes his Mark of Mastery
  • Maybe Odin and the others eventually die, Xehanort gets the No Name
  • Decades pass
  • Xehanort finds Ven, BBS happens

So Brain never got the No Name, and he was not Luxu's apprentice as he was sent into the distant future.

Brain's keyblade was also the Master Defender, which he gave to Ephemer, so does he still have his own keyblade? Or does he get another one? Perhaps Luxu gives it to him some time after he arrived in Scala, but not in UX. so he might have been the master of it, but far into the future. Then maybe he gave it to Odin, or put it up on that wall before he died/after his grandson was born.
That timeline makes sense to me, what I'm most interested in is what Adult Master Xehanort did. That's clearly a version of Xehanort that was never selected as a Seeker of Darkness for a specific reason and I think Dark Road is going to explain that.

Noivern

Awards
I don't get why people are going on about how "Player influenced Ansem SoD's appearance" when Player's "canonical" look legit has nothing that would remotely scream "Ansem SoD"

What is that supposed canonical look? Are we talking about the Xehanort flashbacks? I haven't played Dark Road myself and only followed through the videos and translations from KHI, but I assumed if you have a KHUX account then the "player" defaults to our own character.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What is that supposed canonical look? Are we talking about the Xehanort flashbacks? I haven't played Dark Road myself and only followed through the videos and translations from KHI, but I assumed if you have a KHUX account then the "player" defaults to our own character.
There are 2 UX flashbacks in DR, and Player only appeared in 1, which was the pre-rendered opening movie recapping KHX. SE used a generic male avatar to represent them. I don't know why people are dying on the hill of this being their definitive appearance when it's obvious nobody put any thought into it. Even if Player is canonized as male, you know they will not end up looking like that and will receive a proper design.

On a related note, the other flashback was of the Union leaders' (minus Lauriam) conversation on the hill, after Brain revealed that Ven's name wasn't on the list. Player was both not present and had no idea that this happened, so idk why Xehanort would have this memory.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
They might find a canonical way to explain the multiple Player's looks using the same way that xion is seen having a different face according to the person who looks at her.

Noivern

Awards
There are 2 UX flashbacks in DR, and Player only appeared in 1, which was the pre-rendered opening movie recapping KHX. SE used a generic male avatar to represent them. I don't know why people are dying on the hill of this being their definitive appearance when it's obvious nobody put any thought into it. Even if Player is canonized as male, you know they will not end up looking like that and will receive a proper design.

On a related note, the other flashback was of the Union leaders' (minus Lauriam) conversation on the hill, after Brain revealed that Ven's name wasn't on the list. Player was both not present and had no idea that this happened, so idk why Xehanort would have this memory.

But it's very likely, almost confirmed even, that player had one of the pieces of Darkness inside their heart. The other four would not be fooled otherwise, the acting was only about who was in control. So if that piece of Darkness was there, observing the Masters, then maybe that's how Xehanort had access to that memory.

Awards
Let's just get this out of the way.

Player would have no influence on Ansem or Xemnas' appearances because they basically have no true canon appearance, with the closest they have being the generic male avatar in the recap opening of Back Cover and the DR flashbacks.

I don't even understand why Ansem SoD's looks suddenly became important to these people. He really doesn't look that different from the other versions of Xehanort, and I'm pretty sure it was Riku's body that gave Ansem SoD a physical form in the first place.

kristi-swat

Awards
I don’t think that’s luxu’s original face because in KH 3 secret report 11, it is implied that the keyblade war unfolded exactly as written on the Lost Page. “The Keyblade the master entrusted to me must be bequeathed to another. Five Union leaders have been chosen from the surviving dandelions. I will pass the Keyblade to one of them, and then continue watching the future unfold.” Brain is one of the new Union leaders
Report 12 though says that he passed the keyblade and NOW that he is keybladeless he will start body hopping. It’s quite fair currently to also assume the reports aren’t truthful:/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But it's very likely, almost confirmed even, that player had one of the pieces of Darkness inside their heart. The other four would not be fooled otherwise, the acting was only about who was in control. So if that piece of Darkness was there, observing the Masters, then maybe that's how Xehanort had access to that memory.
A Darkness that has been assimilated into a vessel gets cut off from the collective. That's why the other four were fooled. Once Ven took that Darkness back into himself, its connection from the rest of its ilk was severed so they had no idea their cohort wasn't actually in Player.

Keep in mind, all 13 Darknesses have been accounted for to some extent, and the only one that is missing is in the real world.

Noivern

Awards
A Darkness that has been assimilated into a vessel gets cut off from the collective. That's why the other four were fooled. Once Ven took that Darkness back into himself, its connection from the rest of its ilk was severed so they had no idea their cohort wasn't actually in Player.

Keep in mind, all 13 Darknesses have been accounted for to some extent, and the only one that is missing is in the real world.
Wait.. I think I counted them wrong, then. I need to rewatch part 1 of the finale again as I assumed the number of Darkness was already counting the one in Ventus. lol

LoneFox

Awards
Report 12 though says that he passed the keyblade and NOW that he is keybladeless he will start body hopping. It’s quite fair currently to also assume the reports aren’t truthful:/
Only in the sense that they are Observations, written from the point of view of someone who doesn't know what is happening behind the scenes. Luxu of course does know the answers to almost all of the questions he is asking. A lot of half-truths, but I don't believe there is anything in them that would make Pinoccio's nose grow.

And that is presumably the same one we saw meddling with the Queen of Hearts in DR. If so, it must have just escaped to somewhere in the real world.

Speaking of Darknesses, one thing that hasn't been discussed yet is them in the modern timeline. The chess game has seven black pieces. One of them is in the MoM for sure. Another is supposed to be in Luxu, but after the face reveal I find that somewhat suspicious. Then there are the four remaining foretellers. The Darknesses inside their hearts were supposed to be destroyed in the War, but the chess pieces suggest otherwise. Or have they acquired a new set? If Wreck-It Ralph is part of the fictional world, and the foretellers went there after the war, then Ephemer and the Player sent four Darknesses into the same place where the four foretellers were... In any case, this leaves Ava, Ven/Vanitas, and the one on loose as candidates for the last Darkness.

Last edited:
Back